Withdrawn Mc_cj's staff application!

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by mc_cj, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mc_cj

mc_cj Active Member

IGN:
    mc_cj
    Mc_cj’s helper staff application forum

A bit about me, and people I would like to thank!

I first joined skyblock, because my friend introduced me, and I found out, that it is a very fun server! I love how to ranks work, and that you can pay people in game currency, for them to buy you something for irl money on the store (shop.skyblock.net). I also love how the forums are layed out. I first joined forums just to ask a question, but now I use it to ask questions, and chill and socialize. This is my favorite server and to show it, I call this my “home server.” The mods are also really nice, and the skyblock co-op is also very nice, even they aren't mods! Everyone in this server has been really nice to me since I joined, and now I love helping them! I used to be really shy to a public chat, but now I love it when new players join, and I make new friends!! I thank all of you guys, my friends, the mods, and everyone else for inspiring me to get this far! I would like to give a special thanks to jethaven, for introducing me to this server! I would also want to give a special thanks to the mods and helpers, specifically Frxn, Blyx_, and cyk for helping me with all of my questions, throughout my time in this server! I would also like to thank jim_sb, and MonkeyHQ you being such good coop members! My discord name is 123themadman, but a mod nicked me to mc_cj!

What is your in game name?

My IGN (In game name) is Mc_cj

What is your time zone?

My time zone is Mountain Standard Time.

What country do you live in?

I live in the United States.

What languages do you speak?

I speak English, but am very good and fast at using google translate so I can translate to other languages.

Is 2-factor authentication enabled?

Yes, 2-factor authentication is enabled, and I have 3 ways of accessing the code. I have an app on my phone, an extension on my computer, and email verification.

What ways of capturing evidence do you have (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc.)?

I have two computers I use and on both of them I can screenshot, but on only one I can record video. I also have a microphone on my headset.

Why do I think I want to be/should be a staff member?

I really like helping people with stuff, especially on this Minecraft server. I also love this server! It is my favorite server, so I think here would be the best place to sign up to be staff. I have also been playing Minecraft for about 5 years.

How long can I be active?

I am on the server a lot, about 1-2 hours a day and I am on /economy most of my time because it is my favorite server.

How long have I been playing skyblock?

I don’t know exactly, but I think I have been playing for about 3-5 months on skyblock.

Have you ever been banned in the past?

I have not been banned from the server, nor from forums.

Do you have any moderation experience?

I do not have any official moderation experience, but I have helped friends and family solve conflict, and I have helped other users with skyblock issues.

Do I meet the requirements for staff?

Yes, I do meet the requirements for staff.

• No Support No Support x 3
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
  2. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Hey!

Your introduction is 3x as long as the "Why do I think I should be a staff member?" section. If I were you, I'd elaborate on that section first. You could add different traits, for example.

This isn't just about moderating minecraft. Of course, anyone can help people on skyblock by telling them how to build a cobblestone generator or related, but that does not necessarily make one fit for staff. The experience could be related to your real-life or not.

I'm neutral for now.

I suggest reading Lycel's guide, if you haven't already: The Joy of Applying | Skyblock Forums

3. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    I'm Neutral for now. You seem like a good applicant, but you need more info about yourself on "Why you should be a mod." And you should touch up your grammar under "what languages do you speak." I would also like to see you in game while I'm on. I also just typed /seen mc_cj and it says you were last seen 2 days ago. It's not really that important but just saying.
    Good luck!

~Gamzee24

4. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Hey man, I just want to start right off the bat that there is clearly not a lot of effort put into this app. Relative effort in the sense that if you were to compare this app to accepted applications, it'd kinda speak for itself. I'm going to dissect your app a bit so you could change things or rethink things that would help your individual sections seem more appealing to others.
    Section should be way longer. List things like individual qualities and traits you have that would make you stand out from others. Make sure you use more detail and less examples.
    Probably explains my lack of remembrance towards your name. I believe you should work towards building a positive rep on not only /economy but /skyblock too.
    Helping out is great, don't get me wrong, but it's situational awareness, critical thinking, and a plan b, c, d, and e readily available for any conflict. Also, I'd like to point out that the surface of moderation on skyblock is helping, yes, but a lot of it is behind-the-scenes work in making sure everything is going smoothly.

Overall it's a no support for the following reasons:
    You're a relatively new player to skyblock. I tend to favor those with at least a year or two of experience at minimum.
    The application is more based off of how you like the server rather than your ability/capability to be a good staff member.
    Everything is just really bland and there isn't anything too interesting that makes you stand out.

Instead of trying to individually fix every last thing I've sort of nitpicked from this application, try to at least gain some sort of popularity across both /skyblock and /economy. You don't have the be the chat clown or a mini-mod, but I hope to see some sort of positive things coming from you. Good luck.

5. mc_cj

mc_cj Active Member

IGN:
    mc_cj
    Hey Fran, I'll use that guide for next time I apply, of course, I'll wait a while between applications

6. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    You could always edit your current application.

7. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Agreed, and especially about the part about you not putting very much work into this, and with some other reasons player have stated above, I am going with
    Neutral,
    For now. When you get 30 trophy points and 200 messages without post farming or grave digging, then tag me and I’ll reconsider a support.

-Splat1221

(Just btw I wrote this on Mobil, so yeah..)

8. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    Neutral your active and friendly and nice to talk to but I've got some things that you really have to work on I personally think your application is a bit too short so please add this look at applications that have got accepted for some inspiration :D also I'd like you to a bit more in chat :D

Good luck :D

9. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    So, are you still applying?

10. mc_cj

mc_cj Active Member

IGN:
    mc_cj
    Maybe soon on later

11. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    If you are not currently applying for staff, you should ask a staff member to close this app for you.

12. mc_cj

mc_cj Active Member

IGN:
    mc_cj
    Can a mod close this thread please? I am no longer applying.

13. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Application withdrawn at applicant's request.

This thread has been moved to Withdrawn/Inactive Applications | Skyblock Forums.

The applicant may report this post anytime within the next 90 days to request that the application be reopened. After that time, the applicant will need to create a new application if they still wish to be considered.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.