Marriage

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by Laith, Jan 3, 2021.

Tags:
?

Agree?

1. Yes

25.0%
  2. No

75.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laith

Laith Member

IGN:
    Laithie
    Hello, this came as a fun concept in my idea and it's pretty much impossible but here goes

Well, I was thinking: "I'm a Muslim, I can get 4 wives." and I was joking about it with BertBerry in chat and now it's a suggestion

Well, why not allow Muslim players to have 4 wives :eek:

• No Support No Support x 2
  2. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Wait a few days and the whole server would be Muslim

3. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    First of all, not every Muslim wants 4 wives. This seems a bit bias and unfair towards others because their religion may not permit having extra marital relationships with others.

Secondly, this is really hard to manage as the server cannot find out who’s Muslim and who’s not. People can lie if they want to fool around.

Thirdly, this seems a bit off because it just not every Muslim wants to have 4 wives. In different parts of the world, Muslims are denied to extra relationships because it does not show loyalty. Not every Muslim wants to have extra wives, so I’m not sure about every Muslim getting 4 wives.

Fourthly, we cannot give a religion superiority and more advantages because that’s not the server this is. We treat everyone equally, making this just for Muslims is not right.

Fifthly and lastly, there are no proper benefits to this suggestion. What does it really do? Give the ability to marry more people and give more kisses (/kiss)? How would this be displayed on our profile pages if implemented (if people have their forums account and MC account linked).

No support. And I am a Muslim to clarify.

4. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Where I live we are mostly Muslims and no one here I know who is a Muslim have 4 wives.

5. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    In Pakistan, it’s the same.

6. Laith

Laith Member

IGN:
    Laithie
    First, nobody forced others to have more wives, it is not biased as it's in the core religion. And nobody forced the "Muslim Players" to have more than one wife, just an option.
    Secondly, it is hard to manage and it's just for jokes, whoever wants to lie about it it's their choice.
    Thirdly, it has nothing to do with loyalty, this isn't a religious debate so I won't debate that.
    Fourthly, it is not religion superiority if it's in the core religion and every Muslim is obliged to believe in it and accept it.
    Fifthly, it's just a funny suggestion, and even marrying right now has no benefit to the server other than fun.

7. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    This basically sums it up for me...

This suggestion seems very useless, irrelevant and honestly a stupid thing to suggest. I don't see what relevance this suggestion has whatsoever? Suggesting that people who practise different religions such as Islamic practises deserve some sort of advantage over others is quite inappropriate in itself.

Like boba said, there is also no way to confirm whether some is/isn't Muslim, before we know it, everyone will be claiming to be Muslim just to take advantage of something like this. It would just cause for unnecessary havoc and would be way to hard to manage.

I respect your rights to suggest things but things like this that don't have any relevance to the gameplay of the server and instead involve giving advantages based on practises, religion and culture is not something that needs to be a regular thing. Of course if you provide players with the opportunity to marry more than one person they're going to take advantage of that.

Overall, I think this suggestion is quite useless and irrelevant. I'm going to have to no support it as I just can't find any scenario where this would benefit the server in any way.

8. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Even if you have the rights to make suggestions, and I respect that, I’d make ones that’d actually benefit the server.

9. Hireath (Astro)

Hireath (Astro) Well-Known Member

I might be missing something because I didn’t read it all but why can’t it just be who ever wants to can do /marry to more then 1 person why would it be Muslim only kinda thing there are people from many religions and races that have 1 or more people they marry/love which is polygamy which is fine but why would it be Muslim only

(Sorry if I said anything wrong)

10. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Well said, even if this suggestion was to be considered, I don't see why it has to have anything to do with religion. There is no point in implementing it with it having relation to religious practises. Personally, I like how it is at the moment, only marrying one person on skyblock. Let's keep in mind it's skyblock... People are allowed to practise and believe in what they choose but we're playing minecraft, there is no point in involving any of that into it.

11. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

Is this a serious suggestion? If not probably best to request it be closed before a religious debate breaks out over what I assumed was a joke until people started quoting core religious beliefs at each other.

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs but when people feel they should be entitled to more than others it tends to create problems. But anyway no support if you are serious, close the thread if it’s a joke.

12. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    I'm going to be closing this thread as it seems to be stirring a potential debate over religion. In the future, please create a suggestion that abides by our rules. You are welcome to create a new thread suggesting the addition of multiple spouses, but please avoid limiting the suggestion to a specific religion or specific group of individuals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.