Map art copying prevention

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by odiewonkenobi, Jun 4, 2020.

1. odiewonkenobi

odiewonkenobi Active Member

IGN:
    odiewonkenobi
    There have been several heated discussions surrounding the illegal reselling/copying of map arts recently, this has primarily stemmed from people using the map copying feature of the game to copy maps and sell the copies for profit.

My proposition: Remove the map art copying recipe

I know this is probably a bad idea, but in my opinion, it is one of the better courses of action that could be taken surrounding the 'map art crisis'.
    This will make map art creators have to craft unique maps for each copy of their map art, therefore they decide how common/rare it will be.

Positives:
    • No more copying then reselling, those who purchase map arts will be able to sell the map they bought for profit, but they will only be able to sell what they bought (basically the map arts become like any other item)
    • Map arts will be treated as more of a 'rare' as there will be much fewer copies in existence.
    • Map art creators will be able to sell more quickly, as there will only be a limited supply.
    Negatives:
    • People might hoard them?
    • If a creator wanted more copies after they cleared it, they would have to remake it...

• No Support No Support x 6
    • Support Support x 2
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  2. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    I don't think it's a great idea and as you said you'd have to remake it after clearing.

3. No longer on forums

No longer on forums Member

Same, this would be especially painful for people with massive map arts as if they needed another, it would take a VERY long time. Also, I'm not sure how unique maps would be crafted, but it would probably take a long time for developers to figure this out. Also a great deal of people make map arts in a co-op.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Archie38

Archie38 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Archie38
    If this happened maps would have to be avaliable at a much cheaper rate

Support

5. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    I sugested this kerana it would be pretty complicated but i sugested it as a tempory change but ya this is a great permnaate but I would give map art creators a 1 week notice

Why disagree

you can make 10 orinal coppies of a map or more also makeit it inmpoosible to greif

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    no-support, I think that the creator would try to copy it and fail making this useless.

• Agree Agree x 1