Forums Mai's Helper Application Guide

Discussion in 'Suggested Guides' started by Mai, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

[​IMG]
    Firstly I would like to point out that the way you create your application will not guarantee you a position on the staff team, however it is still important to have a nicely written and professional application. What you gain from it is that people can easily understand your point of view and can judge you better off of your application which acts as your résumé.

Applying for Helper can be a little hard because it can be a lengthy process for some, so I commend those who have applied in the past, those who are currently applying and those who will apply in the future.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Before applying, please ensure that you are eligible to apply. Please refer to the requirements below or check out this thread (s/o krissy for the info). All users must meet the requirements below, or the application will automatically get denied.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    When applying, please make sure you follow and use the template as shown below (or once again check this thread). Please make sure you answer all the questions to the best of your ability as this application shows everyone your values, skills and your capabilities.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Do not have more than one application open at the same time.​
    • Please make sure you are able to differentiate your questions and answers. If not, it will be very hard for others to read and understand your application. I suggest bolding your questions.​
    • Colours are optional, you do not have to use them unless you want to, but if you do please keep them to a minimum and let them be easy on the eyes.​
    • Make sure everything that you write is in your own words.​
    • Your application doesn’t have to be long. A common misconception about applications is that they have to be very long to be considered professional and valid, however as long as you answer to the best of your ability and include all the information that is asked, there should be no issues with a shorter application.​
    • Being a donator or having a rank on the server is irrelevant to your application. You are being judged solely as a player. Please do not include things that aren’t relevant.​
    • Please be honest with your answers, and try and be as detailed as you can.​
    [​IMG]
    Enabling 2 Factor Authentication:
    To enable 2FA, go here: https://skyblock.net/account/two-factor
    Download an authentication app on your phone, for example Google Authenticator.
    When you enable 2FA, click add a key and link your account to the authenticator on your phone.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Please do not copy this sample word for word, it is only to help you get an idea of how to write your application and how to get started.

Introduction
    -

In the introduction, write a little bit about yourself as well as briefly describing why you’re applying. There is no need to mention your age or your grade at school, age does not define maturity.
    Your in-game and discord tag:
    -

This is pretty self-explanatory. Write your in-game name and your Discord tag. You may also include the nickames you use to identify yourself.
    What time zone are you in?
    -

Specify the time zone that you are in. Writing the country you are in is optional!
    Can you speak any additional languages?
    -

If you speak any languages other than English, please list them here and it would be good to specify how strong you are in the language(s)
    Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?
    -

You can write down the programs you would use to capture evidence. If you are unsure of what to use,

For screenshots: Lightshot, Gyazo, Minecraft’s screenshot function (default as F2), print screen.

For recording videos: Xbox Game Bar Capture, Bandicam, OBS or any built-in screen recorder.

For GIFs: Gyazo GIF or online video to GIF converters.

This is mostly a yes or no question, please be honest when answering as it will be harder for you in the long run if you are dishonest.
    How long can you be active on our platforms everyday?
    -

Over here, state how many hours you can be online and active. It’s best to put hours instead of the time you would be online as others may be in a different time zone and your goal is to make your application easy to understand. Another reason is also that you may not always go online at the exact same time every day, so it’s best to just include how many hours you will be available.
    When did you first join Skyblock?
    -

Write when you first joined Skyblock!
    Have you ever been banned on any platform?
    -

Specify ALL times you have been banned on any Skyblock related platforms. Include reasoning as to how and why it happened, and assure everyone that it will not happen again. However if you have never been banned, you can just say “No”.
    Do you have any past moderation experience?
    -

State any and all past moderation experience that you may have. Please be honest while doing so. This may not have an impact on whether you get promoted or not, so do not be afraid for having no past moderation experience.
    Why do you think you should become a staff member?
    -

This is the most important part of the application. Here you should state all your qualities and skills that you can offer to the staff team and to the server. How you act and how you handle things are extremely important when it comes to being selected as staff. You can make this part as long or as short as you would like, just make sure you include all the information you need to as well as refrain from adding anything that is not relevant.
    Do you meet the requirements for staff?
    -

This is a yes or no question. If you meet all the requirements, say yes. If not, please don’t make an application until you do or your application will get denied.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Do not tag staff and do not ask staff to check out your application.​
    • Do not advertise your application anywhere other than your profile and your forums signature.​
    • Be respectful at all times to those who reply to your application.​
    • Bump your application only after at least 5 days have passed.​
    [​IMG]
    Thank you all for reading this guide and good luck to everyone who is currently applying or thinking about applying, you got this!!​

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Amazing x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Cookie x 1
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  2. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Amazing guide Mai!
    I love all the detail and effort you put into all your guides and everything you do. Very informative and is exactly what people should read before applying #pin

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Thank you so much for writing this detailed and descriptive application guide! Should be very helpful for new applicants!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Devil

Devil stinky Discord Moderator

IGN:
    hellevator
    Thanks for taking your time to write this! It can be really helpful in the future for people who'd want to apply for staff on here.

Could you maybe tell me how to set up two factor authentication? I'm not sure where to do that it kind of confuses me

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

[​IMG]
    edit holy cow that is huge

6. Devil

IGN:
    hellevator
    LMAO thanks hahaha omg why is that so big

edit: nvm it says i already have it

7. Mai

Thank you both!

Thank you!
    You can set up two factor authentication here from here https://skyblock.net/account/two-factor.

Download an authentication app on your phone (I use Google Authenticator) and then you can link it to the forums.

8. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

all good and i have NO IDEA ??

9. Mai

Edited this into the thread for anyone else. Thanks Devil. :))

10. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    And they still didn't promote you :(

Amazing guide tho. Ty alot

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    I thought you applied It’s 7am for me do not mind me but awesome guide love you so much

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Devil

IGN:
    hellevator
    omg hahah sameeee i literally went like "oh a new application" then i read again and realized

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Mai

thank u lovelies :heart:

hahha omg

14. Devil

IGN:
    hellevator
    Haii i have another question, so when you wanna apply does it matter if you were on skyblock for more than 6 years or just 1 year or even recently joined like a few months ago?

15. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    Take the guide part off of the title

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    As long as you have experience with the server I believe it does not matter :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mai

How long you have played essentially does not matter like Pil said. What matters is you've been on the servers long enough to gain experience, to get used to the community/engage in it, and to learn how things are done. Many have gotten promoted in the past with just 2-3 months of being on the server.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Devil

IGN:
    hellevator
    Tysm!! :) i always thought it mattered because most staff have been here since forever

19. Mai

Haha nah not at all~ They promote applicants who they see as ready! I got promoted to Trial Mod about 4 months after joining the forums for the first time.

• Informative Informative x 1