Mae's Mod Application #2

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by AmazingMae, Mar 20, 2016.

1. AmazingMae

AmazingMae Member

Banner Mae.jpg

Hello, I would like to thank you for clicking on my moderator application. Be sure to leave some feedback on your opinion of my application, and what I could improve on.
    Also, this mod application is for skyblock.net.

Your in-game name:

My in-game name is now ItzMae, I used to be called AmazingMae. My nickname is otherwise known as Mae.

Which timezone are you in?

I am in the Greenwich Mean timezone. UTC +o

Which languages do you speak?

I can speak fluent English, and also minimal Spanish.

Have you ever been banned? (if yes, why?)

I have been temp banned, however this was an incorrect ban as the ban was for "Duping Diamonds" fortunately, it was just another player throwing diamonds at me whilst they where using an invisibility potion. This was an incorrect ban and I learned to be more careful in the future.

Why do you think you should be a mod?

I think I should be mod for many reasons. In my time of being part of the community I have been helped over and over again. I would like to give back to the server by keeping it very friendly with a kind and caring community. I feel sorry for the people on skyblock who get scammed, abused and what not. I truly think this would be helped if I became a mod. Throughout my entire time on this amazing server, I never thought about becoming a moderator until I became friends with many other outstanding mods. They are mostly my inspiration. From when I started playing skyblock, many old mods helped me as a new person on the server. From this, I know nearly everything you could ever know so it's not a chore to answer questions and help people when they need me or others. Saying this, I would like to be others' inspiration or at least help them get used to the server, show them the warps or just answer their questions. Some other reasons are:

Dedication:

I have been playing this server since August 2014. I have learned to have a dedicated attitude and never give up, no matter what. I feel like having dedication is a very significant priority to be a moderator as you have to know that you can do it. I will work towards my goal, even if it takes decades; which I know it won't. I avoid many distractions, an example is if somebody starts a spam chain in chat, I will not make it worse. I am dedicated in everything I do.

Honest:

I can never hesitate to be honest. I can always express my feelings about someone. I do not back out of anything and have the courage to step up to the challenge to give my full thoughts about something. However, when being honest, I am never accidentally rude. If someone asks me on their opinion on their island, I list things they could improve on honestly.

Strict:

I have a jokey side on the server, however when I need to, I can swiftly change my mood to be serious about a situation and do not goof about something that needs to be taken seriously. At times, I have sincere talks with my friends, and I do not laugh like somethings a joke if it simply isn't. I'm proud to be amusing at times; but I'm also proud to have the ability to change my attitude to strict. Having this will allow me to give players warnings if needed in a strict tone.

Helpful:

I always try to advice someone when they need help, and continue to do this to this day. If you don't see me guide and support players in chat, I mostly message the player who needs a helping hand. Recently I have been balancing out helping between message and public chat, and do not doubt aiding people. I have learnt to naturally assist people instead of typing advertisements for help like I used to do. Although the advertisements may cure players needs, I feel like I force it too much and it's easier to assist people naturally.

Responsible:

I know when I have to take responsibilities for my actions, and I have done ever since I was young. I feel like I am careful in what I do and have had past experiences to help me improve on this ability. I am responsible for things I have done wrong and I clean up my own mistakes. Being responsible is a significant role if you want to take moderator. This is because you need to know how to take on a situation (whether its tiny or huge). I have grown to be responsible in every one of my actions and I will not hesitate to continue this trait.

Trustworthy:

I can be trusted and have been trusted in many things I have done and helped with. I do not betray my commands or the friends I make. You can always trust me to help build or simply improve your island. I have never grieved an island while trusted and I never will in the future.

How long can you be active on the server every day?

Just to be clear, times may differ, but this is just an average of how long I can be active for.
    Monday - 3.30pm-6.30pm
    Tuesday - 3.30pm-6.30pm
    Wednesday - 3.30-6.30pm
    Thursday - 3.30-5pm
    Friday - 3.30-6.30pm
    Saturday - 10am-3pm
    Sunday - 10am-3pm

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

I do have a past experience as a mod, however it was on a small server that could only hold a small amount of players. My moderator role was only minor, but I knew how to take on the job just like I will on skyblock. From this, I have learned commands that mods on this server use, and know how to use them. At school I have jobs to assist new pupils, showing them around the school.

Conclusion

Thank you for reading my mod application.
    Please tell me what I can improve on, and what I can do better next time.

• No Support No Support x 6
    • Support Support x 5
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
  2. Colorado

Colorado Active Member

No support-
    You don't help in game
    You are immature, and you aren't very active
    Get used to the forums more, and read other accepted mod applications to get ideas

Good luck!
    - Colorado

3. Dewsiee

Dewsiee Boss Member

4. Colorado

Colorado Active Member

Oh yeah.

5. Colorado

Colorado Active Member

6. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Wrong place for this application

7. AmazingMae

AmazingMae Member

Colo, I do help in game.
    Thanks for your feedback.

8. Colorado

Colorado Active Member

Do you do so is message?

9. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Try copying and pasting your app into the suitable section. Are you applying for net or org or skywars? *confused*

10. AmazingMae

AmazingMae Member

11. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Write that in your application.

12. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Guest

90% Support
    - Active
    - Very Helpful
    - Maybe add some more detail?

Also I wouldn't recommend advertising people to read your application in chat :) Good luck!

13. AmazingMae

AmazingMae Member

Just did. Thanks :heart:

14. AmazingMae

AmazingMae Member

Thanks Fatal, :heart:

15. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Guest

You're welcome c:

16. AmazingMae

AmazingMae Member

17. Vouche((:

Vouche((: Member

plagiarism.

18. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

You are a friendly person :)
    You are active and I see you help out :)
    Support~

19. AmazingMae

AmazingMae Member

Thanks pineapple! Anything I can improve in game?

20. AmazingMae

AmazingMae Member