Withdrawn luka's staff application : )

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by luka, Jan 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    <+> Introduction <+>

Hi, I'm Luka. You may also know me as Houzo. : )

I have been playing this server since mid-2016, and like most other players, I have left and come back. I started playing regularly again around March of last year, and I intend to keep playing for a lot longer.

2020 was a big year, not just for myself but I'm sure pretty much everyone. In 2020 I completed High School and successfully achieved my Higher School Certificate. Finishing school means that I have a lot of free time on my hands, and most of this newly discovered time has been spent on this server.
    In 2020 I also turned 18, symbolizing the start of my adulthood. : )

After finishing my beloved island on net (skyblock), I focused on cementing its place on the leaderboards. I have managed to reach 6th, and do not intend to go any further. My island shows the dedication I have to this server and is a display of my level of commitment towards the goals that I set.

<+> Information <+>

In-game name & Discord:

Houzo
    houzo#6473

Time Zone:

I live in Sydney, Australia.
    GMT+11

Additional Languages:

None.

Capturing Evidence:

Minecraft screenshots, and additionally I have a screen capturing software downloaded.

Platform Activity:

My sleep schedule is non-existent. I often find myself still awake at 3 am, still playing Minecraft. I have the Forums, Discord, and Minecraft open whenever I am on my laptop. I don't often play other games, or any other servers, so skyblock gets the majority of my attention. I mainly play from about 2 pm-12 am daily. This is however altered because I have a job and work odd hours each week.

Skyblock Join Date:

I do not know the exact join date, although I have fond memories of playing this server with my friends in my first year of High School, which was in 2015.
    I joined the forums maybe a year after this when I started playing the server more religiously. This was on the 10th of April, 2016.

Bans:

I have been banned twice in the past. The first time for looting (2016), and the second for scamming (2020). Like most previously banned players, I have learned from my mistakes and have moved on. If you would like to know more about those bans, here are the links:

Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock
    Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock

Moderation Experience:

I don't have much moderation experience. I have filled multiple roles on smaller servers as a moderator and there I have learned basic commands that can be used here. I am a quick, on-hands learner and I believe if accepted, I will be able to carry out any duties that are required.

Why I should be on the Staff Team:

Friendly & Approachable
    People who know me might know me to be quite a friendly person. I believe that people should treat others how they would like to be treated, and that is why I treat everyone with the up-most respect. I also believe that I am a friendly face and that I am a kind and approachable person. Being approachable makes it easier for me to help people with any needs they have on the server.

Responsible
    I believe that I am a very responsible person in general. Responsibility is made up of four key elements, honesty, compassion, fairness, and courage. I believe I show all of these elements. I am honest within all aspects of gameplay on this server, I show compassion towards other players, I am fair to all players, no matter their rank, and I am courageous in whatever I set myself to.

Dedicated & Organised
    This is the only Minecraft server I play so I give full dedication and time to this community.
    I feel I am very organized. Being organized, I think, is essential when doing anything in life. Being organized can improve productivity, not only individually but also within a team.

Trustworthy
    I feel like I am a trustworthy person. trustworthiness is the quality on which relations are built. If you trust someone, you are able to get more done with that person. I believe that as a trustworthy person, I will be able to work with and communicate well with the rest of the staff team.

Quick Thinker & Learner
    Whenever someone is stuck on something I am quick to think of something to help them out and give advice on how to fix the issue. Sometimes my ideas are not suitable, but it is always the thought that counts.
    I am a very hands-on learning type of person. If promoted, I believe that I will be able to pick up the skills needed for the position quickly, with the guidance of a current staff member.

Emotional Stability & Maturity
    I believe that good leaders (or moderators/helpers in this case) must be able to tolerate frustration and stress. I am one for not getting overly angry and 'toxic' at other players when in uncomfortable situations such as being scammed. I know I might have been in the past, but times have changed and I have matured a great amount since those times.

Enthusiasm
    I am seen as active, expressive, and energetic. Often very optimistic and open to change. Overall, I am generally quick and alert, and ready for anything that is thrown at me. My experience of 5 years of playtime can be transferred o newer players because of my enthusiasm.

Real-life work experience/Good Work Ethic
    I have a job so that means I have good work ethics which is uncommon for many players on this server. Working at Mcdonalds for over 4 years has given me the capability of learning great work ethics by working as a team with other people. Without communicating with the other staff members there is no way that anything would get done. I have worked my way up the chain of command at my store, starting as a crew person and progressing to my current positions as shift assistant supervisor. Being trained as a manager at Mcdonalds has given me the opportunities to learn how to appropriately manage my team and handle situations such as angry customers.

Additionally, I have shown my hard-working quality by completing my Retail Management course, and Hospitality course, receiving my Certificate III in both Retail Management and Hospitality Kitchen Operations.

Awareness/accountability
    I am aware of everything that I do and that I have done. I take full ownership and accountability of what happens on my account and also as a person. I strive to achieve in day to day tasks and always succeed.

Other Reasons
    It has come to my awareness that there is a little amount of Australian Helpers/Moderators on the team. Since I am from Australia I think I would be a good addition to the team as I play often when there are no mods or helpers on.

Since I hold all of the traits and abilities. I believe that if I was accepted into the staff team, I would advance my knowledge and abilities.

Requirements:

I meet all necessary requirements.

<+> Post-Application notes <+>

Thank you for taking your time to read my application! : )

Feel free to leave a comment down below regarding any advice and suggestions. I will make sure to reply to everyone and take in any suggestions on how to improve myself!

If you haven't already, feel free to come and explore my island and make sure you enjoy your stay!

: )

• Support Support x 13
    • Neutral Neutral x 6
    • No Support No Support x 2
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  2. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Support :)
    I have known you a while, i've seen you participate in the community and be active and I know you would make a good staff. Good luck fellow Aussie!

3. luka

IGN:
    Houzo
    This honestly means a lot coming from you Krissy! When you were an smod I really looked up to you as a not only a player but also a friend. : )

4. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support thx 4 bribing me with toe pics. Really needed it

5. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Hi Luka, it’s great that you’re applying for staff. I will for now be neutral.

Activity:

You are quite active on Survival but let’s not forget that Economy also exists. Your last activity from now was around 4 days ago. I feel that you need to be frankly active on both servers. We are not always able to adjust to different things right away but taking your time is the key. If you unaware of Economy’s aspect and environment, I’ve just created a guide you can look at linked here: Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock

Hope that can help you out. As for Discord, I rarely see you talking. You are mainly active in voice channels but it’s nice to also have some text communication with others. I haven’t seen you in help channels before so I’d like to see you there. A simple answer to a question can prove your activity and knowledge about the server.

I will not be going over maturity as you are mature and I’ve seen it before. : )

Community Interaction:

Like I said before, I think you should improve your community interaction on Discord but you are actively chatting on Survival. As for Economy, I haven’t seen you around before.

Helping:

I really can’t judge in game activity as our time zones are very opposite and it’s day for me and night for you and vice versa. I can tell you’re probably helping around on Survival which is great, as for Economy, I can’t be entirely sure.

My recommendation for you is to boost your activity and helping nature on Economy and our Discord platform.

Thank you and good luck! ☁️

6. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    Ok so I was going to respond and Boba basically stole all my talking points :mad::p

You are a very active survival player and well known to many but I never see you on Eco or talk in discord. we are very much completely different timezones but I'm awake early and late enough that I should still see you active enough on both.

While I'm sure you are a very competent person, in order to be a fully responsible staff member, you have to be able to be active on all places

I will be neutral for right now but overtime if I see your activity improve on Eco and Discord I may change my answer

Good luck sir :D

7. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    I never expected to see this here.

Support, one thing I have to say that you can improve.

Be more active and helpful on Discord, there's always people looking for answers in the help channels.

Good luck :p

8. Queen

Queen Guest

[redacted] :oops:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2021
  9. luka

IGN:
    Houzo
    Thought we were keeping this quiet...
    Thanks for the support man!

Wow, thank you for the extensive replies boba and calidre! I have been trying to increase my activity on all platforms as of maybe a month ago. In saying that, I will try to further my range on all platforms, especially discord and economy. : )

Haha, new year already full of surprises Michael. : ) Thanks for your reply, I will be for sure trying to help more on discord and improve my community involvement.

Aha, thank you Alex!

10. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

i've already rated this application support however i'd like to also give you a reply!

you're a very nice person and i always see you on /skyblock. i think you have the maturity and also the understanding of the server that a staff member should have. i also think you've learned from your past mistakes and that you're serious about this. :popcorn:

however i would love to maybe see you more on /economy.

anyways good luck luka!! rooting for you!

11. luka

IGN:
    Houzo
    Thanks for the support Mai! : )

12. Evux

Evux Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Evux
    100% Support.
    Always been a friendly member of the community, I have known you for quite a long time, whether you have been going for a staff position or not you have interacted and helped out players. As I continue to get back into Skyblock I will update any feedback if necessary. :)

"Do not write support, neutral or no support. If you are commenting on an application you are expected to give a suitable message based upon your reasoning. If you wish not to give feedback, you must use the ratings provided."
    - Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock

13. luka

IGN:
    Houzo
    hehe funny joke. Thanks for the support : )

Thanks for the support Evux! Good to see you back active in-game and on the forums too! : )

Thank you for your comment Tore. Do you mind giving me some feedback or some points that I can improve on?

Conservative, do you also mind giving me some feedback too? Just wondering why you have chosen to no support my application.

14. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    if my post gets deleted then so should tore's

15. needtorename

needtorename Content Creator Premium

IGN:
    needtorename
    Idk why my post got deleted ~

It said use the ratings and idk what the meaning on this

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2021
  16. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    This is a place to give feedback to the applicant. In future please follow the feedback guide linked Here and if you are confused as to why a post has been deleted please dm a moderator.

Anyway, hi Luka. I've been meaning to leave my feedback here. I am going with Neutral for now. This is because I think you are an amazing person and great player! However, I would like to see some more time on economy, getting to know all of the community helps you a lot, trust me xD Also, its wonderful to see you take on feedback about discord and forums!

I wish you the best of luck!

17. luka

IGN:
    Houzo
    Just to clarify, I did not delete either of the comments, and I do appreciate that both of you took time out of your days to leave a comment and also rate my post. : )

Thank you for your kind words in your response frez! I will be sure to take your feedback in and try involve myself in both communities. : )

18. luka

IGN:
    Houzo
    Im not a fan of bumping applications, but apparently if I don't, it will get closed. Feel free to leave any comments.

19. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

resupport :))
    you are active + every time i see you help you don't constantly overdo it which i like. you genuinely just help people who need it and it's something i really like about you. and like ive said before youre mature and a really nice person overall, good luck luka.

20. Queen

Queen Guest

No support. Your statement itself shows how little you care for the position and how unenthusiastic you are. We’ve had enough moderators with that attitude in the past and certainly don’t need another one. A whole month has passed since you were active on this application. Need I say more?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.