Lorray's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Nader, May 22, 2017.

1. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

IGN:
    user2040
    Introduction:

If you don’t know me my name is Nader (my in-game name is Lorray. First, I would like to start by welcoming any new members to the forums/skyblock server as for it should be noted how great and welcoming this community is! This is my second time applying for the moderator status (The first time I was accepted and was a moderator for two months before resigning because of school). Yet again, I ran into the same problem I had last time when writing a moderator application. I honestly hate to brag about achievements or, for a lack of better terms, “toot my own horn” which is why these moderator applications can be difficult for me to write. Anyway, I am a mature 16 years old and I have an A- average in school currently. I have been playing on this server for around two years and have had my forum account for almost a year. I know my way around the server and have loads of experience in the field of Minecraft.

As always, I sincerely appreciate you taking your time to read my application and leaving me feedback, whereas it means a lot to me! On to the juicy parts of the application! :p

Your in-game name:

Lorray

What timezone are you in?

Eastern Standard Time

What country do you live in?

United States of America

What languages do you speak?

I speak fluent English while I also have a Spanish III background

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No

Yes, on my computer and my IOS device

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)

Yes, as for prior moderator experience has taught me what is needed. I also can edit pictures and videos if needed and know how to explain them to others quite easily.

Why do you think you should become a mod?

Based on my prior knowledge of moderators and my own personal experience moderators have a few of the following qualities, all of which I believe I have:

Leadership–Leadership is something that has been a real life goal and an in-game goal for me as long as I can remember. Good moderators are always someone you can turn too. Correspondingly, I mentioned in my old application I like to ask myself a few questions about leadership, and I still do. Where have I been a leader? How can I be a leader in Minecraft? What does it mean to be a leader? These are questions I ask myself daily in order to get good grips on what I need to work on for the next day. Likewise leadership is something that can fade away in important times. For me it never does. I seem to become a stronger person when a leadership role is needed.

Gentleness– It might seem like a weird or odd characteristic for a moderator to have until you think of the reasons why it could be extremely important. Gentleness I believe is my best quality. Some people get very aggravated when something or someone doesn’t listen to them. On the contrary I want to help, and I like to help, so when someone disagrees or doesn’t listen I guide them helping them get to where they need to be. If a moderator was always angry at a non-donor or always someone who doesn’t help because of a bias thought nothing would ever get done. This is why gentleness is an incredibly strong and important quality for me to have, and in my mind, one of my best.

Experience– As much as I hate to brag about myself, it is something that needs to be done for the reader to be informed. I have years of experience under my belt when it comes to moderation and owning a server. I have owned a server for two years and learned essential qualities for a leader and moderator in Minecraft. This is something I am very proud of as for it gives me a very strong foot when talking about in-game or server problems. Moderators can’t be moderators if they are leaning alongside an average player. I have done my learning and gained new knowledge I am ready to share to the community.

Decision Making Skills– Being able to make quick witted and smart decisions is a respectable feature for any moderator. I have experience around this community and know how to make decisions based on the crowd. Not only this but my past moderator experience has helped me carry out these decisions and act on them when needed. This can be hard to do on the spot but my experience has lead me to a point where any decision can be tackled whenever needed.

Trustworthy– Moderators need to have strong connections with their community as for they are incredibly influential to the people around them. This is why I have taking it upon myself to understand what is needed to have strong, trustworthy relationships with the players around me. Many new and experienced players approach me for help, which constitutes the true nature of trustworthiness. If they were afraid to talk to me or believed I didn’t know what I was talking about they wouldn’t approach me in a trustworthy manner.

Conclusion– It is amazing being able to help players and spread the knowledge I have learned over my years of playing minecraft. All of these qualities I believe I have and possibly even more I have yet to discover. I don’t want to advertise myself as this “all-knowing” person, because I am not. I have knowledge to gain and new features to learn, I just feel like these qualities paired with my prior server knowledge is something that can be very beneficial when moderating.

TL;DR– The core qualities of a moderator I believe I have include, Leadership, Gentleness, Experience, Decision Making Skills, and finally, Trustworthiness. These characteristics are vital for any moderator something I learned during my two month period as a moderator on this server.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?

˚ Monday: 2-5+
    ˚ Tuesday: 2-5+
    ˚ Wednesday: 3-6+
    ˚ Thursday: 3-6+
    ˚ Friday: 3-6+
    ˚ Saturday: 2-9+
    ˚ Sunday: 2-9+

Time online will also increase substantially when I am on break from school.

How long have you been playing Skyblock?

I have around four years of experience playing skyblock, with two of the four years spent on this server.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)

I haven’t been banned on any server and I don’t plan on being banned, I know what happens and it’s a pain.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

Yes, I have around two months of moderator experience on this server and two years of experience as a server owner.

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No

Yes, like I mentioned above I feel I have the necessary qualities and experience needed for a staff position.

Note:
    It is necessary I mention these things for some are actions only noticed if said allowed. On the topic of “mini-mod” in-game help I have spent the last week increasing the amount I am helping, weather that’s in chat or through private message. I have also spent time checking the forums regularly, leaving responses on threads, producing my own threads, and helping out on the forums in general.

I truly appreciate you taking your time to read my application and leave a response. There is only one thing I ask of you, if you do not support me please tell me why when you respond. I will take into account what you have said and try to improve it, because I probably haven’t noticed the problem myself.

Thank you for reading my moderator application! :p
    Lorray

• No Support No Support x 10
    • Support Support x 4
  2. Jaddyx__

Jaddyx__ Member

f***in support ma guy

3. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

IGN:
    user2040
    thank you so much, I won't let you down

4. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    "I no longer play this server"
    No support -- Immature, rude, disrespectful, etc.

5. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

IGN:
    user2040
    Thank you for your feedback, I hope to gain your support soon

6. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    No Support
    I know you in game but you can be immature and you never really help. Good luck Nader.

7. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

IGN:
    user2040
    Thank you for your feedback, I am working on being more helpful

8. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    No support, reasons already stated

9. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

IGN:
    user2040
    Natalia can you please state your reasons for no support, same goes to all

10. poggers

poggers Senior Member

You constantly say you're leaving and you can be very biased towards certain people.

11. Cøsyy

Cøsyy Active Member

SuPpOrT NaDeR HelP oUt MoRe GuD lUcK

12. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

IGN:
    user2040
    I don't always say i'm leaving but thanks for the feedback

Don't worry, I gotchu

13. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
  14. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

I am sorry; but no support. You don't help out and you said you quit. Good luck :heart:

15. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Guest

Didn't you leave?? and you gave your account to Cosmo lol

16. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    ^^^!^!^!^!^^!^!^^^^ no support

17. Lycel

Lycel Senior Member

IGN:
    Lycel
    Unusually written. You don't close your first bracket, and also, you say "I honestly hate to brag about achievements or, for a lack of better terms, “toot my own horn”" which makes no sense. You just used a better term, so you don't have a lack of one.
    "The requirements for staff" are specific. I think they're a pinned thread in the application forum. It's not just a general "are you suitable" - it's stuff like if you have 50+ posts on the forums.
    Why have you set your application to the "Other" tag? You live in the USA. Use the USA tag.
    I've personally never seen you in-game (could be time zones) or on the forums (at least over the last 2 weeks). You need to be more active to show your dedication to the server. I don't mean helping people and mini-modding - I mean in any way. As long as you're participating in discussions, that's active enough for me.
    You've said you've had four years of Skyblock experience, 2 years of Skyblock server experience - I'm pretty certain that the question is asking how long you've been on Skyblock.net, but feel free to mention your other Minecraft experience I suppose.
    Your application itself has lots of writing, which is generally a good thing. Your formatting is fine, you could add some colour, but it's up to you.
    So, good luck. I won't support you/not support you yet, because I don't really know you. I know that if you try hard enough and work at it you'll get moderator.

18. ConortheAssasin

ConortheAssasin Active Member

19. amy

amy Guest

no support, reasons stated

20. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    Hey Lorray,

I see that you are active in-game but you aren't assisting players. Sometimes you may me immature and rude. Try to work on your activity on forums. I am not going to state my status yet. I will come back in a week with reasons which can bake-up my status.