Looks like moderator applications are being taken seriously!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by formerfarmer, Apr 11, 2022.

1. formerfarmer

formerfarmer Member

IGN:
    formerfarmer
    You definitely don't only have to be friends with Agent! :lmao:
    unknown.png

• Dislike x 4
    • Informative x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    it's not like we just promoted fran today while we wait for more applications to come in. or that we plan on promoting someone (or multiple people) later this week. it's also not like i ask kerahna for her opinions on dmod applications as well as other discord moderators before doing anything

edit: lmk who else i should befriend to promote

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    I think it is somewhat frustrating to some community players that have submitted applications, and from the conversation messages above it seems like there really is no interest in being a Discord Moderator. Even if qualified, it doesn't seem like there is interest or effort in obtaining that position, while there are quite a few discord applications from players that are very helpful and active that do not get considered. These players do get discussed from the whole staff team, but the whole exchange to me personally doesn't seem professional and it seems it has upset some people, especially those who are applicants and have not been considered.

Some players have devoted a lot of time and effort to obtaining this positions, while showing their passion and interest for months without an answer, and are often overlooked so I can see how this may upset some players with such an exchange of conversation such as this.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  4. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    i don't want to reply to this thread bc the conversation was clearly a joke. fran has been a staff member and a discord moderator in the past, and i didn't see a reason to give him a "formal induction" into the staff team when he knows what's expected of him. i also don't see why our private messages need to be deeply analyzed, especially when i make it very clear that discord is supposed to be a lot more relaxing
    my original announcement said we're looking for MULTIPLE discord moderators over the next few weeks. there is literally nothing preventing other users from getting promoted lol
    everyone is considered for the position. it's also a lot easier for us to spread promotions out so we can focus on one staff member at a time. my original thought was 2-3 new discord moderators, so there are still 1-2 spots open that we're looking to fill (since applications are still open and being considered. if they were closed and no longer being considered, the announcement would've been edited).

discord applications don't receive answers, but users are open to feedback about their applications if they so desire. you can view the original message i sent in 2020 about discord moderator applications here. on the old form, i had over 100 responses for a position to be filled by 1-4 people. it isn't realistic for me to spend time responding to every single application.

if anyone is upset with my conversation with fran, i'm sorry. the conversations aren't even supposed to be shared, but fran thought it was funny how we went about it. he IS excited for the position, and is happy to have gotten it, as any other candidate would be. sorry if anyone feels cheated, but the position IS STILL OPEN. it's also important to know that just because you apply does NOT mean you will get accepted.

ok that's essentially all i have to say abt this lol

• Agree x 5
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  5. Awesomolocity

Awesomolocity Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Awesomolocity
    Y'all really out here looking for any reason to get upset lol

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    y'all do remember that this is a block game right...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Awesomolocity

Awesomolocity Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Awesomolocity
    Internet legos is very important and I demand to be taken seriously

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. abcdefu

abcdefu Active Member

Sorry my homie but y so pressed? Mod jus havin fun there mate obviously the person applied and were discord staff before by the sounds. Love you but damn bro give it a rest and just enjoy the server or better still just get some fresh air. Feels great to get outside bruv. Nitpicking and being all whiney aint gon change how the server runs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    Fran is over qualified for the position. I think we should all collectively be pleased that he has chosen to come back and support the community.

welcome back franny fran!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Lets just appreciate fran for coming back to the discord mod team and I'm sure the image you provided was sarcastic. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    I actually had a reply already written to this thread as the post and the first replies genuinely made me upset. When I was done writing it, I decided it wasn't worth posting. However, after reading all the new replies, I wanted to thank you all for your support. I hadn't been on the team for a while and being told how negative people thought of my repromotion after only being back for a few minutes wasn't the best.

To the ones who were offended by my reaction in the screenshot, I apologize. It was never meant to be taken seriously. The conversation itself was a joke and does not reflect the way I feel about getting this role. After the "funny" messages with Agent, I quickly thanked her (and later on Kerahna) for giving me another chance, and headed to the server to see if there was anything for me to do. Then, I went back to DMs and sent Agent the screenshot because I thought it was funny. I decided to send it to #general as well because... well, why not? It was an innocent joke.

To be honest, I really don't think it's fair of you to judge my devotion to the server through a single screenshot. I understand how you and others who don't know me or my kind of humour might see that screenshot as quite disrespectful. What I truly don't think you can see, however, is that after my resignation I never really left the server. The #discord-help channel was never muted and its notifications were never turned off. Whenever I saw someone who needed assistance, I tried to help. I would also tag moderators or DM them directly whenever my help wasn't sufficient. I always tried to help out as much as I could, even with the #qotd channel - which is unfortunately a huge responsibility (and, as the rest of the qotd team knows, a very stress inducing daily activity).

The bottom line is, I can assure you I'm really grateful to be back and I have always and will always take this position seriously. That does not mean that I will refrain from making innocent, playful jokes, as (as Boba said) this is after all a discord server dedicated to a block game - yet I will be more mindful of how my words taken out of context may affect others. I thank you for bringing it to my attention, even if it was done in a negative way.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. OmarsCraft

OmarsCraft Active Member

im love fran. he good d
    mod.
    congrats fran :happy::D:p:>

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

I’m sure fran did apply and he is extremely competent so why do y’all always try and come @ staffs throats bro give it a rest this is minecraft go touch some grass

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. clxrity

clxrity Experienced Member

IGN:
    clxrity
    I think fran should make a public apology with tears

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. JAWD543

JAWD543 Active Member

IGN:
    JAWD543
    Interesting how messages are being deleted really goes to show how the moderators are on this server.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Wooo we get to have our cute duck pfp dmod back. It's a win in my book : )

• Friendly Friendly x 1