[Long read] BuyCraft - Current state of donation ranks

Discussion in 'Other/Uncategorized Suggestions Archive' started by User19980814, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User19980814

User19980814 Well-Known Member

PART 1/2

Dear Skyblock players,

In this thread I will be discussing the current state of ranks displayed on BuyCraft and how the value feels to me per rank. I am currently Skylord myself, and happy about it, so my information/suggestions about ranks higher than Skylord might not be accurate, please correct me if I am.

This thread is not meant to spread hate on the current state of ranks, I just want to share and maybe explain my findings in said ranks. So please, don't start a war in the comments, try to take it serious and try to replace yourself in someone else's shoes. I'll be discussing the ranks until donor100.

Introduction:
    I will talk about every rank in it's own section, as I said before I don't have enough knowledge about ranks Donor100+, I will try to be objective as I can about these ranks. Since Skyblock is the first server I bought a rank on, my point of view will be from a gray player (no donor ranks) that is about to buy a rank and looks what fits best for them.

Right now it feels like BuyCraft displays a lot of filler content and I understand that, no one would want to buy a bag of chips that has a blank lay-out with no indication what you are getting, some of the content all players can already access and some content just doesn't work anymore.

Ranks:
    Skyknight - 10$

Skyking - 25$

Skylord - $50

Skygod - $100

• Support Support x 1
  2. User19980814

PART 2/2

These are in my opinion all the pros and cons per rank, feel free to discuss them in the comments with your own views upon these. Then again, we are not finished yet.

The general upsides to buying ranks

This part will display all the general upsides of the ranks, these are there in every rank, I will display them in bullet form:
    • Status: Nothing feels better than getting the [Broadcast] message stating you bought a rank and the following 'gg' spam in the chat.
    • /disguise: It is very fun to disguise as an animal and confuse the new/old players with it.
    • /trails: Setting a trail adds a fun visual non pay2win aspect to the game.
    • /kittycannon: Doesn't add any value, it's just fun to spam it once in a while
    The General downsides to buying ranks (fillers)
    • It states you get access to the 'God' class in the MobArena, however as most will know, this rank is currently unavailable, also the class 'Donor' is available for all players.
    • The text states you can send & accept teleportation requests from other donors, however I constantly get tpa requests from gray players, this makes it that the commands /tpa, /tpahere, /tpaccept and /tpdeny are not donor exclusive as stated in the BuyCraft category for SkyKnight.
    • The command /exp is currently unavailable, you will get an error message that says 'Insufficient permission.'
    • The command /recipe is currently unavailable, you will get an error message that says 'Insufficient permission.'. This however I can live with since we have a recipe book standardly implemented in the newest version(s) of the game itself.
    • Pets, there was a forum post about them not working for some reason, I think for the time being it's best to remove them from the BuyCraft page for the remaining time.
    • And for Skyking+ the BuyCraft rank states you can use color codes to talk in chat with this rank, however I see gray people using color codes all the time, so this is false.
    Suggestions that might be added to ranks
    This is overall the suggestions section so I can't leave without some suggestions, I will post (for example) some essentials commands that might be fun to actually filler the ranks with working commands.

This is all for today folks, I am very sorry if you read the whole thing, but wish you all the best of days.

Kind regards,
    ArtsmeiH

3. SkyVillage

SkyVillage Active Member

IGN:
    Gut344657
    Totally true in my opinion, I even think that some ranks Need a nerf because the SkyTitan rank got like nothing realy usefull compared to the SkyGod, and it's Cost $150 more!
    Good Things
    -Access to /spawnmob [Only Lilited Mobs | Overall mostly Animals]
    -Access to the kit SkyTitan which include: 3 Diamonds, 15 Grass, 8 Iron, 64 Redstone, 5 Sand, 8 Stacks Cobblestone
    -Access to the Kit Wood! This Kit include: 8 Stacks Oak Planks [Sadly not other types of Planks]
    -Access to /setprefix -> In my opinion is that the nicest Advantage from this Rank
    Negativ Things
    Well there aren't much negativ Things, the big Thing is that this Rank cost $150 more then SkyGod and there aren't enought Advantages in my Opinion!

I hope some People will take that serious like you and can build there own opinion in the comments!

4. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

The difference between Skygod and Skytitan is rather cosmetic. I don't have a problem with it but some skygods really have regretted the upgrade even though Skytitan is a great rank. When you think of spending $150 you would expect a fair amount. The Kit is the most troublesome because it needs to be balanced. Yet in gaining 5 more diamonds every 2 days you lose sand which makes no sense since you cannot trade sand. A trade off that makes no sense.

The $10 rank was worth it back in the day when mob arena had a god class but it is not worth $10 anymore. As said above, everyone can /tpa so its not exclusive. I think /jump was removed from the kit and there are no pets, only disguises and trails. The kit is something i've seen in a $5 rank that has similar perks.

I don't want to be seen as complaining about the ranks but the balance isn't all that good and the kits and commands should have been overhauled to provide better balance for a new server. It is quite late to do so now.

5. User19980814

I didn't want to talk about Skytitan but from what I've seen it does not seem fair for a $150 upgrade to me, only main thing it seems to give for me are the loads of items (which gradually get less) and the status of it all.

I was really surprised when I noticed the lack of sand in this kit too, I didn't expect it mainly because sand trade is illegal too so you can't buy it with the loads of diamond you are getting.

This is indeed exactly what I meant when I said it feels like a general letdown since it's mostly cosmetics.

6. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I do understand that Eula and game balancing is important but some kits a short changed a little bit. We know that it’s a courtesy that we get perks for donating but it’s still something that could be looked at.

7. User19980814

At least one small solution for this is to maybe add voter keys/common keys (maybe even rares to higher ranks) into those kits. $250 is a huge commitment some would make to a server and it would certainly help for the server to keep running for at least a month so I think getting better prizes in kits feels right for the amount of money spent.

8. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Thank you so much for taking the time to make a suggestion!

Unfortunately, your suggestion has been inactive for over two months. We are constantly searching for ways to enhance our server and forums. To make sure we do so, we will be locking and archiving suggestions that are inactive.

This thread has been moved to the Suggestions Archive. If you are dissatisfied with this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it. You may also feel free to submit another suggestion in the future.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.