Under Evaluation Let us change the facing direction of /is

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ArtsmeiH, Apr 27, 2018.

Become a member to no longer see this ad. :)

1. ArtsmeiH

ArtsmeiH Active Member

Hey all, back again with another suggestion.

Since we can't change the spawn location of /is which seems fair to me I wanted to suggest for us to only change the facing direction. Right now everyone is faced to south when doing /is and I would like to change that to for example north.

It's not as much of a useful idea, but for many people having a shop they are forced to put the shop on facing south for people to notice it when going to their island.

This might be a hassle to implement but I'm sure our wonderful devs can do it! :)

Greetings,
    ArtsmeiH

• Support Support x 10
    • Neutral Neutral x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Brandon

Brandon Well-Known Member

You could just build your island according to the direction you face xD

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Krissy

Krissy Kim Taehyung Premium Premium

I was thinking the same. You would really be building your island around the way you face when you do /home
    If you don't then perhaps it would be nice to be able to spawn the correct orientation.

I think majority of the issues could be solved with a warps plugin.

4. Kyrxu

Kyrxu Snekini Staff Member Premium

I’d really like this. My triple island goes in the opposite way from my island spawn and it’s irritating. Even though all I have to do is turn around, it still annoys me.
    Support

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. teqtu

teqtu Senior Member

As said by Lee it's apparently hard to do this or something.
    Maybe we could get a 1 time use of /sethome?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Brandon

Brandon Well-Known Member

Already have a sethome command, maybe /setvisit

7. ChrisInAChrisis

ChrisInAChrisis Member

this has the potential of being pretty useful, so Support

8. Megacrusher4200

Megacrusher4200 Skyblocker

Players could abuse this and use lava as their spawn. Or they could fly up 1000 blocks in the air, and do /sethome.
    Or, they could make their home in the void.

9. ICWhiteTiger

ICWhiteTiger Member

I support this especially when your in laini's situation where you have several islands and and the spawn orientation is facing the opposite direction of your other islands. But I think that in most cases you can solve this problem by planning out your island layout prior to building it

10. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member

Support. I can see how this could be annoying, especially if you have multiple islands in a chain. I would love to be able to change my spawn direction if I ever need to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Blyx

Blyx Moderator Staff Member

I can see how this would be annoying for some players, but the majority this would have no affect on, so I see it being a bit of a dead command that gets forgotten about after being used once.

12. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Active Member

I just realized I supported this but withou reason. Here is reason:

13. BertBerry

BertBerry donk shrek Premium

Support. I want my home island facing my neighbour's in the north but I'm facing south towards my alt's island

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Acceptation

Acceptation Member

Supporting, nice idea

15. Errorsponsible

Errorsponsible Active Member

I love this Idea. It can be a bit awkward when having a double island and your main island is facing away from your other island.

16. Myrmidous

Myrmidous Developer Staff Member Premium

Super Moderator
    Good evening Mr. Meh,

I apologize for the length of time to reply on this topic. When you originally proposed the idea of setting the "facing direction" of the island home point it seemed rather simple. I had it on the list of things to take a look at and put in. Unfortunately it got pushed very far down as other island features took precedence (/guest, /lock improvements, etc).

This topic is now being revisited in conjunction with another feature we are working on soon. My question to you is: How would this be implemented? What sort of command would one use to "set facing direction" of your island when people visit it? More importantly while I cannot personally think of a way to abuse this feature can you think of any way to be malicious about this?

No hurry on replies, but please tag me or Leeeroieee with your recommendations. Thank you and happy Skyblocking!

Kind regards,
    //Myrmidous

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. X_Malacoda_X

X_Malacoda_X Member

Better yet let us be able to move our spawn points wherever the hell we want on our island

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Experienced Member

Not a bad idea, but you could use signs to direct people where to go, like my island on classic :p

19. bluedogrules

bluedogrules Member

Support. Sometimes it is hard to build everything in one place so I think you should be allowed to change what way you face an spawn,:p depending on what you are advertising!

20. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Active Member

Same I have a double island and its to the side and it would be annoying for my island if I want it a certain way

• Agree Agree x 1

Become a member to no longer see this ad. :)