Legalise Sand (sounds crazy but it’s not)

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by athyrix, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Hi, so in chat earlier on today I had a discussion with some players about sand and it’s illegal position and reputation. However, it sparked to my mind maybe we could have a villager at /warp trade that sold sand for grass (such as like 4 sand for a grass). There’s going to be a lot of reasoning behind this :)

Island Farmers?
    If sand is sold, what’s the point in island farming? Of course it should still be a rule and people can still get banned for it, but if there is an easy way to get the blocks why bother when it’s probably less time consuming to buy it. This links in to the last paragraph. You only get 3 sand per island so it takes ages.

Good outcomes
    You can use these blocks for multiple uses, and they’re all good ones! We had gravel recently legalised when the new server came out, which meant we can now craft concrete powder (which is currently high in demand) so if sand is sold in /warp grass then concrete can become a more common block as it’s so beautiful and is now used in many builds, as well as terraforming now, sand can be used for the base of rivers. There’s no actual way to get sand other than kits.

Make trading it illegal
    If it’s legal, won’t island farmers increase to sell the sand? Answer to that is yes, which is why sand should be banned to trade within Skyblock players so you cannot drop it or sell via chestshops. So the only way players would be able to get it is from the villagers. Island farming would be pointless then, because players cannot sell it.

Please leave opinions down, majority of chat liked the idea when I asked them anyway haha. Thanks for reading :)

Edit: due to popular vote, removed dirt

• Support Support x 49
    • Neutral Neutral x 5
    • No Support No Support x 3
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  2. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support total support! By sand and dirt being sold at /warp trade it would help many people who are working on terraforming their island with grass and mainly sand. For instance, me I have a total of 4 island chain (half of them are my neighbour's) so we will need lots of grass and dirt to put on the hills and landscapes and also sand mostly for rivers, lakes, water bodies and deserts that we might make in the future.

3. Dewsiee

Dewsiee Boss Member

Support, Now that suggestions are being considered I would really like to see this. Dirt and Sand are accessible in other ways than island farming. I’ve been here for over 4 years and I have always hated this rule.

And by far, bucket trade is the most dumb of them all.

4. DietPepsi22

DietPepsi22 Well-Known Member

No support, I feel like you should have to get grass the hard way to make this game more survival. Getting the grass right now is hard but challenging:)

5. athyrix

In survival you’re surrounded by grass though? The point of /warp grass is to get things that aren’t accessable in the sky, grass and sand is one of them.

Thanks everyone.

6. DietPepsi22

DietPepsi22 Well-Known Member

Are you just mad I disagree with you?

I like the process of how we get grass now.

Thanks and have a great day!!

7. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    as long as they keep it you grass doesn't grow from dirt (unless its next to grass), support.

8. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Support - I feel like this could potentially be confusing to newer players though. I'd still like to see this happen.

9. War_

War_ Well-Known Member

Support, this can give an alternative for new players instead of them having to buy grass or donate to recieve sand in their kit.

10. athyrix

I’m not mad at all at you haha :)
    Yes of course haha.

11. Nightflaime

Nightflaime Well-Known Member

Support however more thought may have to go into this idea. Dirt and sand trades being billable to trade is what makes this skyblock unique and on the new server it makes it challenging which is what noobcrew was going for.

12. Sarge

Sarge Experienced Member

Support and no support.

I'm all for trading sand since it's a fairly common item that really only donors have access to. So by legalizing its trade, non donors could get some as well.

However, I think that dirt trade should stay illegal because that's what makes grass so valuable. If you no longer need grass blocks for terraforming and can just use dirt, grass (the base of the economy), will probably lose value.

13. anna

anna Well-Known Member

support for the just the sand. making dirt legal will make grass lose value imo. i doubt anyone actually island farms for sand because you only get like what, 3 sand?

ya girl wants sand, you hear me ??????/

14. WhyBlu

WhyBlu Active Member

IGN:
    WhyBlu
    support.

can be helpful.

15. lilCupcakeFreak

lilCupcakeFreak Well-Known Member Discord Moderator

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    I partly agree! I'd be ok with buying sand, but still think grass/dirt should be more challenging, I feel like it might get too easy when you can just buy your (probably cheaper) dirt and grow it into grass to make it look nice

16. athyrix

Would players much rather dirt be a lot more expensive? Such as maybe 2 for a grass or even 1 for 2 grass so it doesn’t ruin the grass trade?
    And thanks for the support for sand that’s 100% what I want haha.

17. MinecraftNika

MinecraftNika Active Member

SUPPORT. You've made some excellent points.

18. lilCupcakeFreak

lilCupcakeFreak Well-Known Member Discord Moderator

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    Sand would be perfect. its such a struggle now to get working with sandstone and i love sandstone XD

19. athyrix

Thank you :))
    Yeah my shopping mall is made of concrete which you need 4 sand to get 8 blocks and when you’re building a mall that needed at least 8k concrete it’s not helpful haha especially because mob arena only gives out 2!

20. Trickyy

Trickyy Active Member

IGN:
    TTrickyz
    10000% support! I believe this is a great idea, right now I am working with sand and I have to wait 3 days for 5 sand, it would be better to just buy some sand and finally finish with my project. A problem with your reasoning about people not wanting to island farm is that what if some people didn't want to pay for sand/dirt? They could just illegally island farm.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.