Skyblock FAQ

Discussion in 'Information' started by Noobcrew, Sep 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noobcrew

Noobcrew Server Owner Server Owner Administrator

IGN:
    Noobcrew
    What is SkyBrocks and what is the goal?
    SkyBlock is a survival/challenge map in which you are supposed to complete the 25 challenges with the given items in your chest on a tiny island. You can view challenges with the command /challenges. Once you completed the challenges you can pat your self on the back and feel like god.

How do I begin?
    To begin your very own island, type /newisland.

How do I restart?
    To restart your island, type /newisland replace.

How do I invite other people to my island?
    To invite someone to your island type /coop invite <player> once the player accepts the invite he will be teleported to your island.

Where is the sand island? Why aren't we playing v2.1?
    We use v1.1 for the server because its an overall better map than v2.1. Though that does not make us out of date as 1.1 and 2.1 are supposed to be optional versions hence the reason it went from 1.1 to 2.1 and not 1.1 to 1.2. :)

I see an island in the distance, can I loot it?
    All skyblocks are in one world, therefore you may encounter some islands nearby, this does not mean you should go ahead and grief it as it belongs to another person. Even if it is abandoned and looks like no one will ever come back to it, it is still griefing and you will be banned for obtaining un-legit items.

Why can't I trade dirt?
    Usually some people like to go ahead, and loot islands to obtain un-legit items. And trade them to other people for different items. If doing so, you will be banned and have your island removed. And if you are receiving the items, you can possibly also be banned. This ruins the skyblock experience for most, as you are supposed to strive without tons of dirt.

Update: Since this FAQ was first published, the rules on sand have been changed. Since various donor ranks receive sand in their kits, trading sand obtained from kits is now permitted. However, island farming (repeatedly restarting an island after looting its starter materials) is still not permitted. The ability to restart an island is provided as a courtesy for players who want to start over, but it is very resource intensive and should not be treated as a strategy for gaining extra starting items to advance in the game or to sell to others.

Update: On June 16, 2021, bucket trading was legalized, however island farming is still not permitted on our server.

What is the difficulty of the server?
    The server difficulty is on normal. Mobs no longer spawn on your island. You can, however, fight mobs at /warp mob.

Is there mainland?
    No there is not mainland, we use a generator in which it generates only void.

Any other things you would like me to add to this list, let me know.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • Old Old x 2
  2. Soulskilledu

Soulskilledu Active Member

Could you add something along the lines of, "Spawning hostile mobs in public areas is illegal."

It's kind of an unwritten rule and people ask about why they were blown up quite a bit.

3. noobkilla101

noobkilla101 Well-Known Member

There needs to be donor rules so that donors understand what they can and cannot do with their abilities. As well as (if there are any) rules for trading with donors considering we receive iron ingot/ redstone kits - we can have basically unlimited lava.

We can also use our redstone to create sand and gravel generators. So personally I feel that there should be more rules that govern both "sects" of the skyblock population.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. Soulskilledu

I'm paranoid, so what I would do is have a message be displayed after you donate, and every time you use a kit.

Also, it would be nice for non-donors to be able to see the donor rules as well, so they can report a donor committing a crime.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Xelnagahunter

Xelnagahunter Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    GodAwfulGaming
    ^
    |
    |
    This.

6. Soulskilledu

Not everybody reads the forums, they would miss this particular post far too often.

Then it would be fairly easy to claim they didn't know anything about it.

7. noobkilla101

noobkilla101 Well-Known Member

Which is why on here as well as the server we need to have an area where there is absolutely no way they can miss it.

8. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Grr Noobcrew, never use 'le' again.

But this was very informative.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Riyer

Riyer Well-Known Member

Gravel, and any other derivatives of sand generators (Glass, sandstone, etc.) and mob heads of any kind are banned items also, right? Due to the fact that they were mass produced, and even though the duping glitch was fixed many people have hoarded them and want to become rich.

If this is true, then this would be a good thing to add to the "Why can't I trade dirt, sand, and buckets" question.

Also, I think that you should add to the /rules, or rather, emphasize the fact that "Don't create new islands just to trade the items over" also means don't drop, or trade starter items. I find that the excuse that most people put forth as to why they were trading said items is because they had "read the rules, but it didn't mention not trading starter items."

10. I_heart_Notch

I_heart_Notch New Member

My friend has completely mined his island except for the bedrock. (Obviously) If he joined my island, could he legally give me the materials he got for his island for both of us to share? Just making sure I'm not breaking a rule.

11. Riyer

Riyer Well-Known Member

No. That is not allowed. When you restart your island/join a coop, you aren't allowed to transfer items. ESPECIALLY illegal items- such as dirt and whatnot.

12. I_heart_Notch

I_heart_Notch New Member

Ok

13. Aeglos13

Aeglos13 New Member

Okay, this is a little bit off- topic, but is it okay to use optifine? I know some server owners don't like people using it, so I was just wondering.

14. WoodyCrest3825

WoodyCrest3825 Member

Okay, about the illegal mob spawning:

I have had a few people ask me if we can go in a remote area, or lightly populated area to spawn like 2 or 3 cows or pigs for them, and I always thought it was illegal, but then someone told me that spawning lots of them was illegal, but I can spawn up to 5 in a public area was allowed. Remember, these are only passive mobs that would be spawned if it were legal. So is it legal or not?

15. Thecman2OOO

Thecman2OOO Member

It is illegal during all times. The only time you can spawn them is on your island.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.