NA Kmxify's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Km, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Km

Km Active Member

Your in-game name: Kmxify

What time zone are you in? Eastern Standard Time

What country do you live in? United States *eagle screech off in the distance*

What languages do you speak? Primarily English; however, I have a little knowledge in speaking Spanish + French.

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes Sergeant!

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)? Of course I do.

Why do you think you should become a mod?

Honest: As everyone says, honesty is the best policy, and moderating on a Minecraft server is no different. You have got to be honest to everyone. Doing so is how you let players know that they can trust you. I have always believed in being honest, even if someone doesn’t like to hear the truth. Being a dishonest moderator is not something anyone likes to see, but rarely do you ever see that. In my past experience in moderating, honesty was the number one component that I used, and if given the opportunity to be able to moderate on this server again, I promise I won’t let anyone down.

Friendly: Whenever I think of this server, I always think about the people who helped me out with materials or just advice when I first started playing. I remember always being able to type in chat and ask if anyone had any cobblestone, and sure enough, someone was always friendly enough to give me some. That’s really what got me hooked on to this server, the people and how friendly the majority of them were. I want to be that friendly first impression to anyone else who decides to try out this server. : )

Helpful: This also hooks into the friendly trait. I always enjoy the positive feeling whenever I help someone out, and thus, it makes me help out people more and more. I remember first starting out on this amazing server I found, and I had questions about everything. The moderators were always so, so helpful and never made me feel stupid about anything I asked. I want to be able to make someone else feel as good as I felt, while giving them helpful information. If I’m given this position, I promise to fulfill this.

Aware/Sensitive: I know how to properly handle and extinguish arguments when they arise. I understand when someone has had a bad day, as I’m sure everyone can relate to going to a coping mechanism when everything seems to be awry. Everyone reacts to certain things differently, and I am well aware of that. I am very sensitive to others’ feelings and how they react to situations.

Mature: Maturity comes with age, but with the cards I’ve been dealt and the life I’ve been forced to live, I have had to grow up and mature a lot faster than most kids have. I understand that taking in this job means I have to be mature when I need to be, and I’m willing to take on this responsibility if given another chance to moderate.

Motivated/Hard-Working: When I start on a project, I don’t stop until it’s done. I’ve always been super motivated and willing to do stuff when a problem arises. I can compare this willingness and motivation to drawing. As an artist, when I start on a project, I usually am not one to stop until it’s finished. As many people, I need a break sometimes, but it won’t be long until I’m back working on said project. I feel like I can relate to this trait on a moderating level, as when I did moderate, I always did stuff until everything was done. Not only do I get it done, but I always, always try my best to put all of my potential into finishing the job correctly and fully the first time.

Experienced: As most of you probably already know, I’ve moderated on this server before. I had my reasons as to why I left, which I will explain at the end of my application. Being experienced, I know how the forums run, and how to go about certain procedures in-game. Because of this, and this isn’t to sound cocky, but I feel like this could really help my chances of being promoted back on to the team.

How long can you be active on the server every day? I've just recently graduated, so I've got a lot of free time, so I should be able to put in a good two to seven hours a day!

How long have you been playing Skyblock? Oh heck, for as long as I've had Minecraft, + that's been about 5ish years?

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game) I've never been rightfully banned, per say, there was a mistake when my IGN was MiniModKm + MiniModMiranda was to be banned but I was instead.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator? As stated above, I moderated on net for a year or two, so I've got quite the experience.

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Of course.

The reason I resigned was because I was putting moderating before my schooling and my health, so I needed to get away to focus on those things. I’ve graduated, so I have nothing to worry about in that aspect, and my health has significantly increased since the last time I was active on the server. Not only that, but I also found that I wasn't putting in 100% on my moderating like I had been when I first started. I figured that if I wasn't putting in my full potential, I didn't deserve to be moderating. That's basically how it all went down. I've gotten the spark back to moderate and enjoy doing it again, so I really hope you guys give me another chance, because I'd love to continue moderating as long as you guys want me and let me. :heart:

• Support Support x 1
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  2. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    Hahaha I actually enjoyed reading this one. You make yourself seem serious (obviously you are) but you also take a not so serious approach, which is what a like in a moderator. I’ve seen you a couple times in game and you seem really friendly.
    You have my support. Just help a little more in chat.

3. Evux

Evux Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Evux
    Hey Km!
    I have seen you very active and engaged in chat over the past week or so although it seems a bit early to be applying though, I haven't really had enough time to get to know you and understand if you would be a good candidate so, for now, I'm going with Neutral, hopefully, I can change to Support soon! :)

Edit: You seem to of been promoted as I typed this?

4. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    Congrats Km!

5. Km

Km Active Member

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

6. Km

Km Active Member

Thread locked on request.
    If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
    The Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.