NA KingJonSnow's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by KingJonSnow, Feb 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingJonSnow

KingJonSnow Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    KingJonSnow

Jon's Staff Application.jpg

Introduction:

My name Jon (well this is what everyone knows me by) and I’m in my 30’s. I am married with the most wonderful daughter anyone could ask for (as well as my countless sb kids I’ve adopted). I was a photographer for 6 years and managed/ran my own photography company through many wedding seasons. I also spent a lot of my time freelancing for other companies. I now get to pursue my passion of music on a daily basis and I couldn’t be me excited that I get to continue to do something creative for work. Oh and I also have a fur baby named Cory.

IGN | Discord Tag:

KingJonSnow | KingJonSnow#3435

What time zone are you in?

EST | UTC -5

Can You speak any additional languages?

I cannot.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?

I have in game screen shot capability as well as Apple combo for screen shot and Quicktime for recording video.

How long can you be active on our platform everyday?

I am sure there will be times and season of life where activity could differ, but actual time available to mod and help would be about 2-4 hours each day.

When did you first join Skyblock?

I joined 3 years 9 months ago.

Have you been banned on any platform?

I have not.

Do you have any past moderation experience?

I was being trained on a smaller server right before it shut down, but other than that, I don't have much experience. I am eager to learn and am a quick learner.

Why do you think you should become a staff member?

I have always enjoyed being part of the community and have enjoyed interacting and helping others on the server. I really care about the community and the direction of the server and wanted to do my part to step into a role that increases my ability to do that. I have included some strengths and weaknesses (cause yes we all have them and I think it is important to admit where improvement is needed) below on what I believe I can bring to the staff team.

Strengths

Team Player

I have been a part of many teams and will always throw away my pride on issues for the teams benefit. I feel like I work well with others and find myself getting along with almost anyone.

Perspective

I feel like I excel in seeing things from others point of view. I think this is important with disagreements to be able to separate yourself and your own ideals to see where others are coming from, even if you don’t agree with what they are saying. Giving someone a space to share seems to make conversations go in a better direction because they can feel heard.

Adaptability

I am able to adapt to situations at hand on the fly and make quick decisions without being bent out of shape. I think everyone wants things in their own place and wants situations to play out in the manner that they planned them, but being able to adapt and roll with the situation is a skill I have become great at.

Service

I enjoy serving others and watching them excel and prop them up so they can do their best. Any aspect of moderating on the server is a service position and this is something that I love doing.

Knowledgable

I have been playing on this server for a long time and know most of the ins and outs of what goes on and how to direct people in ways that can help them best. I have built my share of farms and have the capability to steer players in the right direction on how to maximize their success.

Trustworthy

I would consider myself a very trustworthy person. Ive never griefed anyone or ever tried to take advantage of someones trust in me. I think most of the community that I interact with would agree with my ability to have and maintain their trust.

Weaknesses

Joking

I joke too often and sometimes the jokes don’t go over in the way that we were intend. This is something that I have been working on and I know that its an area that still needs improvement. While joking is fun and good, as a staff member, I know that I would need to hold myself to a higher standard and I am committed to do so.

Hyperfocus

While this may not necessarily be a bad thing, I believe that I can often get hyper focused on a project or specific friends who are in chat and miss out on opportunities to help people. This is something that I need to work on so I don't close myself off to seeing people who are needing help solving their issues on the server.

Do you meet the requirements for staff?

Yes I do.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my application and for those who feel like they can't support me, I hope I can prove myself and show you that I am fit to be on the staff team.

• Support Support x 51
    • No Support No Support x 2
  2. Novembree

Novembree Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Novembree
    First support. Will edit later with my comments but best of luck Jon :)

Edit:

Jon has my full support. :support: He is incredibly mature and offers amazing perspective in many areas of life which I think would translate well into a job as a staff member. Jon is very active and committed to the community shown by his 3 years of dedication to the server as a player. Not only is he a close friend of mine, but also is amazing at providing advice and help to those who need it. I also believe that Jon has a strong knowledge of the server and its inner-workings which would be integral as staff. You are kind, engaging and always optimistic within the community; I know you really care for it.

I hope to work alongside you someday in the (hopefully) near future! Best of luck Jon :heart:
    - Bree

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
  3. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Second support along with bree. Wow wasn't expecting this to happen but I would like to see this as an accepted application now. You've been pretty active and a friendly dad on this server. :woot:

4. Grepatue

Grepatue Active Member

IGN:
    Grepatue
    I have lots of comments but I want to show my support early, I believe you to be very qualified and a needed addition to staff with your maturity and age.

5. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    100000000000% support. I have known you since you have joined the server and 100% believe you are capable of being a wonderful helper.
    :heart:

6. Salvation

Salvation Active Member

IGN:
    YoureMySalvation
    No support, I've had several small interactions with you on Skyblock before and you was quite rude in every one of them.

7. Nomrial

Nomrial Active Member

IGN:
    Nomrial
    Very neat and styled application I must say. An activity level of 2-4 hours a day is quite good, especially if you are active in the chat I noticed. You have my support!

8. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Was hoping to see this one day, full support.

You are a very mature and professional person when you need to be and know when to have that fun side on you and when to be serious. You have been an active member of the community for a very long time and I'm so happy you've decided to apply. Best of luck Jon! :watch:

9. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    Most qualified applicant in a long time, easy support.

10. KingJonSnow

IGN:
    KingJonSnow
    Thank you so much for the support Breeeeeeee

Thanks for the kind words and the support Marc!!

Thanks so much for the support Gerp and I appreciate the support and interactions outside the game!!

My guyyyyy just trying to follow in your footsteps!!

Thanks so much for the support Alex!! Hopefully we can both be on the team and working together someday.

I appreciate the kind words boba. I wanted to wait till I was ready and fully able to commit to the job at hand.

I apologize that my interactions with you were seen as rude and I hope the next interactions that we have won't be seen in this manner.

Thanks so much Cal!! I appreciate the support and hope I can serve well given the opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2023
  11. corry156

corry156 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    corry156
    Full Support been waiting for it!

Older players of the server have a better understanding of the server and how it works and the community that there planing on helping. I'm sure Jon is more then capable of doing the job as a Mod. Seen him many times help new players when a mod was unavailable. Sure after just a few weeks Jon will be not just a good player but good mod to add to it. :bag:

12. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Screenshot_20230210_044213.png
    Somehow I may have captured this when Noobcrew was online.

We could have a helper jon as we had a helper cups in the past and having a Staff bree now!

13. KingJonSnow

IGN:
    KingJonSnow
    What a capture, hopefully he liked what he saw.

14. Beens

Beens Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BeensMC
    It's in rare instances like this I wish an Ultra-Support rating existed. Jon, in my opinion, is a top notch candidate for Helper. For starters, he has been playing the server for nearly four years and has extensive knowledge of the server and game's features. To compliment this, he has a consistently positive attitude with almost anyone and everyone he interacts with. It has been awesome to get to know him over the past year or so - he has taught me a lot about how to handle situations and overall has been a great role model. I can't think of anyone better for this job, and bringing him on to the server is essentially a guaranteed massive win for Skyblock.net and its community.

15. Souly0622

Souly0622 Moderator Moderator

Hi Jon, I would love to work alongside with you. I believe you’re very mature and you would be able to handle stressful situations well. You’re active on Skyblock and Discord which is awesome! I wish you the best of luck :)

16. KingJonSnow

IGN:
    KingJonSnow
    I really appreciate and cherish the kind words Beens. It has been an honor to get to know you and work alongside of you on projects. You have been a great friend a springboard for ideas for the past year. I can't thank you enough.

I would love to work alongside you as well. I appreciate you as a person and how you haven't changed from player to staff. You are the same souly we loved as a player and one we now continue to love as staff.

17. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    1000% support. You’re so kind to everyone and deserving of the position

18. KingJonSnow

IGN:
    KingJonSnow
    Man I really appreciate the support and the opportunity to still display your head in the museum!!

Thanks so much Trin. You did come to mind when I was talking about griefing cause I think yours is the only island I haver reverse grifeed when you took a break and I was trusted and got bored and spread grass on your island while you were away XD.

19. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Ive never clicked faster when I saw its the legendary JonSnow's Application : )))
    Support :heart:

20. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    I don’t care if it’s 20 minutes or 20 days.

Promote this man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.