Accepted killer_6 ban appeal[Accepted]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by killer_6, Jan 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killer_6

killer_6 New Member

Hello. I was just banned for 30 days for supposedly sending malicious links to players. While I did send one link to a player, it was not malicious at all. It was a private link to my livestream that I host on my own website. On the livestream, I interact with players and invite them to my realms server for a massive game of hide and seek on custom maps built by myself. Hence the link looking strange, as well as it including "findaplayer" in the subtext of the link. I just want to add that the staff member who banned me, Agentyy, was contacted by me first to sort out an issue with a player who I believe has stolen valuable items from my island. There appeared to be some kind of misunderstanding, as Agentyy was somehow not able to find a record of this player ever logging onto the server. So my problem was unfortunately never sorted out. In addition to this, Agentyy immediately assumed that the link I sent was malicious, when there was really no evidence. I unfortunately was not able to explain myself before I was banned. I'd like to note that I have mild Asperger's, and find it difficult to communicate effectively sometimes, so perhaps that contributed to this misunderstanding? I don't recall having any other major punishments on this server, so I hope things can get sorted out. Cheers!

2. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    Agent_0676 | Search | NameMC I’d like to point out that the player you had asked me about does not exist.

I received a screenshot of you messaging players that it’s their lucky day and then sending them a suspicious link. Things like this send off alarms in my head as they appear to be scams of something along the lines of a scam. If you were trying to promote your stream, this was not the way to do it.

I understand that you were unaware of how your advertising was viewed as suspicious, but it is very important that you word things in a better way if you truly are streaming. I have not gone on the site and I will not go on the site, but I am curious on why you worded your messages the way you did (telling someone it is their lucky day and then sending them an odd looking link).

3. killer_6

killer_6 New Member

That's just how I word things. I did not intend for the message to sound sketchy.

4. Agent

IGN:
    Agentyy
    Do you understand how it sounds suspicious?

5. killer_6

killer_6 New Member

Sorry for the late reply, yes I understand and I apologize. I do however wish I was given time to give an explanation in-game before being banned.

6. Agent

IGN:
    Agentyy
    Close to zero players banned are talked to in-game prior to their ban. It was merely a lucky chance that you were online and that I was in the process of assisting you that you were informed of your incoming ban. The website you were advertising in messages does not send you to a website and shows an error message. I’d like to give you the benefit of the doubt in this situation and reduce your ban to a shorter period of time, but I need you to provide me with reasons on why you should have a lower ban time (serious and legitimate reasons only) and to really show me that you understand how your messages appeared to be suspicious.

This can be as long or as short as you’d like. You can take your time with this as I do not want to put any pressure on you to reply quickly.

7. killer_6

killer_6 New Member

I can't really say much else besides what I already outlined in my initial message. I can tell you that I was definitely ignorant of the rules of the server. Additionally, my intentions were not malicious in any way as I previously explained. I'm just a guy trying to get people together and have fun. I'm not some evil computer genius handing out malware links on a skyblock server. You saw my island for yourself, and while it's not super impressive, I have put alot of work into it. So it wouldn't make logical sense for me to send out sketchy links on a server I'm well acquainted with. So yeah, not much else I can say besides that. I'd really appreciate some help in this situation, and I'd like to get back on as soon as possible~

8. Agent

IGN:
    Agentyy
    I’ve done ahead and lowered your ban to three days.

9. Agent

IGN:
    Agentyy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.