Skyblock Kick afk players

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by GamerRaven, Mar 5, 2020.

1. GamerRaven

GamerRaven Member

IGN:
    GamerRaven
    This thread is for both survival and economy. The server lag is always a problem. And afk is one of the main problem of lag. There are a lot players afk. Some people afk for vp reward. And some is doing auto ad. The server should kick players that are afk for 20+ min or less so that it can reduce lag. For the ad people maybe insert a /autoad command that will auto advert every 5 minutes (Or no the thread is not about this, lag is really a problem now)

• No Support No Support x 12
    • Neutral Neutral x 3
  2. GrannyKord

GrannyKord A little bit wicked Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Kord
    One of the things that I do love on this server is that it's not some ridiculous 10- or 12-minute afk limit. SOme of us like to chill and play slowly and/or multitask with lots of things and so such a tiny window SUCKS. Having said as much, I would not be opposed to a 20-30 minute afk limit IF it was something that could help prevent lag. I kinda prefer not having a limit, but anything to help in that regard!

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. ShawnBerry

ShawnBerry Active Member Premium

IGN:
    ShawnBerry
    honestly, I don't think its AFK players that cause lag... it's just that its an oLdEr server with lots of counterparts... large builds and lots of coding. honestly lag isn't that bad for me...

I afk a lot and its because half the time I'm either working on work while building on my breaks or I'm just talking in chat.

either way- No support because there shouldn't be a punishment for AFK (plus there is a "timed out" auto kick that kicks you out already. its like a hour or something so if ppl are afk for more than that then its their problem)

4. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    I sometimes go afk to eat and I don't think there should be any punishment for afking. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. GamerRaven

GamerRaven Member

IGN:
    GamerRaven
    The whole idea is the server is now crashing lot , we need reduce some lags. I don't see a problem why can't you just connect again.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  6. Gutlerglates

Gutlerglates Active Member

IGN:
    IKillU69x
    People cant just connect again because they will be fast asleep lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Yeah. It's called AFK. AWAY FROM KEYBOARD. It's the whole point of this thread, these people shouldn't be online is what he's saying.

I completely disagree with the suggestion however. Being AFK does not cause any lag at all if you are doing it in lets call it "server-friendly" ways. The AFKers arent the problem, the things they afk at/what players are doing is the problem. No matter how much you try to keep them off the server, they will keep finding ways to re-connect. (Unless the ultimate consequence for AFKing is a ban).

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    Well the truth is that afk players don’t cause too much lag to reply to your answer. It’s the entities and spawners on the server. Like dropped cobble and stuff can cause a minor amount of lag and that’s why they created clag. AFKers supply a very minimal amount of lag if they are in a afk pool.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. GrannyKord

GrannyKord A little bit wicked Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Kord
    I don't think it's the act of being afk itself that is causing lag issues (for what it's worth, I figured I'd add that I've not really been affected much by lag except on Economy...which also crashes frequently) but rather ginormous amounts of spawners (porkchops, anyone?) on Economy in particular that may be the culprit. This is all purely my guess, I have no idea what's up and really don't know much about running servers anyway sooo please don't yell at me for likely being wrong. :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

chunks should unload when players leave them... i assume this is the case. So in theory removing players from their afk grinders would help the lag. However people find ways to bypass afk kicks so to me it seems pointless to add.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    No Support,

what about the people who is farming? and plus kicking players who are AFK won't reduce lag, that's kinda like saving a spot for a greybean if the server is full.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    This is a big no support. I want to go and multi-task in real life, eg. Cooking dinner, etc. Without being worries of getting kicked. This wouldn’t just be a big no-no for afk grinders, but also mass excavators or shop advertisers. As a matter of fact anyway, players do not cause much lag at all- and it’s lost entities that do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. ProPorkOfficial

ProPorkOfficial Active Member

IGN:
    ProPork
    I can see your point, and I have found players like PorkerNevs being online for HOURS on end without doing anything (this player doesnt even have a god damn island!) but 20-30 min limit is way too little. Neutral from me.

14. Gutlerglates

Gutlerglates Active Member

IGN:
    IKillU69x
    hahahah omg i see PorkerNevs too! All the time! I wonder whos alt he is or if hes an actual person. Id love to see his island.

15. Archie38

Archie38 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Archie38
    JJ54KES

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    The players who AFK in a way that would cause lag (i.e. AFK'ing at large grinders or farms) are the hardest to get rid of through any automated system. A simple auto-kick of them wouldn't do any good, as most of these people have their accounts setup to auto-reconnect and make sure they're on the right server. Kicking these players would actually result in more lag, as those chunks would get unloaded the reloaded, putting additional strain on the server.

Normal players AFK at their base or in a safe place sending auto adverts cause little to no lag.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. CreamCheese

CreamCheese Active Member

I see nothing in the rules about afking.

18. Flamin_JJ

Flamin_JJ Active Member

IGN:
    Flamin_JJ
    I don’t think that you should be kicked for being afk unless it’s for an hour or more. There are many occasions where I am doing something at the same time as skyblock and I would rather not have to rejoin the server every 20 minutes for being afk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. No longer on forums

No longer on forums Member

Then people would just make afk machines. The only place I agree needs an afk-kick system is the lobby(so players don't accumulate there and clog the server)