Closed Key Prize Changes (Rare Key Upwards)

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by Calidre, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    On both servers, some of the prizes in certain crates seem a little out of place and aren't always the best prizes. This suggestion is my opinion of what kind of changes should be made to prizes in Rare Crates and above.

For perspective here is the full list of every prize in the Rare Crate beyond:
    keys.PNG

Basically I'm going to break down the prizes and go through my thoughts on what should and shouldn't be changed as well as some general ides for some tweaking.

General Suggestions:
    Before I do the specific keys I wanted to mention my general ideas for some prize related suggestion. Part of the reason I made this suggestion is I believe the different between the highest valued rewards and the lowest in the crates is way too much of a difference.

Part 1: Rewards that are worth less than the key itself (on average, since price is always subject to change based on the playerbase) should be worth between 10-75% of the value of the key. This leaves PLENTY of room to still lose money because it is still a key to gamble with, but also gives not such a big loss potential when not gaining high-end rewards

Part 2: Prizes worth more than the key itself (again, subject to change) should take up 15-20% of the chances when using a key. Currently the percentage of chance for items that are more valuable then the key are as follows:

Rare Key Economy: 11.68%
    Epic Key Economy: 14.43%
    Legendary Key Economy: 17.82%
    Rare Key Survival: 20.72%
    Epic Key Survival: 16.33%
    Legendary Key Survival: 9.60%

So currently 3 of the 6 crates fall into that category while the other 3 are either close or much less than that percentage range especially the legendary key on survival

Part 3 (Economy ONLY): Remove the keys that are of a lower tier in the crates. Rare currently has 3 Commons, Epic has 3 Rares and Legendary has 4 Rares. I suggest it be like Survival where the crates only give keys of the same rarity or higher

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this next section I will be analyzing each key based on my percentages above and relating them to the current key rewards. There may be a few exceptions here and there and I will put *** beside those

Rare Key Survival:
    Rare Key Value on survival is currently around 12-14 Grass per key. This puts the 10-75% of the value number at 1.2-1.4 Grass up to 9-10.5 Grass for items valued less than the key itself. Using this percentage I would want these following items to be removed or replaced with something of higher value:

192 and 256 Stone (Not even worth 1/10th of a grass)
    8 Sea Lanterns (Not even worth 1/10th of a grass)
    Diamond Pick (Worth roughly 1/4th of a grass)
    ***Chicken and Pig Disguise (Worth 0 grass but I suggest a max of 1 disguise per crate)

Epic Key Survival:
    Epic Key Value on survival is currently around 220-250 Grass per key. This puts the 10-75% of the value number at 22-25 Grass up to 165-187.5 Grass for items valued less than the key itself. Using this percentage I would want these following items to be removed or replaced with something of higher value:

10 and 15 Grass Blocks (Could be increased to 20 and 25)
    15 and 25 Iron (Again, could be increased to numbers such as 72 and 96)
    192 Redstone (Worth 3-4 Grass)
    5 and 8 Diamonds (8 Diamonds is an ok number but could maybe be increased to 7 and 10)
    ***Spider and Creeper Disguise (Stated above but again limited to 1 per crate)
    ***Enchantment Trail (Worth 0 grass but since it can only be obtained from crates then I'll allow it)
    Enchant Table (Worth roughly 12 grass so should be removed or replaced)

Legendary Key Survival:

Legendary Key Value on survival is currently around 250-300 Grass per key. This puts the 10-75% of the value number at 25-30 Grass up to 187.5-225 Grass for items valued less than the key itself. Using this percentage I would want these following items to be removed or replaced with something of higher value:

20 Grass Blocks (Could be increased to something like 32)
    30 Iron (Could be increased to 96 or 128)
    ***Lava Trail (Same idea as trail in Epic Key)
    ***Skeletal Horse and Elder Guardian Disguises (Normally I'd also say 1 per crate but since both are only obtainable through Legendary Crates I would suggest lowering the percentage from 5.95% each to something like maybe 2.50% each)

Rare Key Economy:
    Rare Key Value on economy is currently around $13,000 to $15,000 per key. This puts the 10-75% of the value number at $1,300-$1,500 up to $9,750-$11,250 for items valued less than the key itself. Using this percentage I would want these following items to be removed or replaced with something of higher value:

$800 and $1000 (Have the money rewards go $1500, $2000, $3000, $4000, $5000)
    64 and 128 Redstone (Use Redstone Blocks and have it be 24 and 48 Blocks)
    Diamond Pick (Replace since it's only worth $3-500)
    256, 320 and 384 Cobblestone (Not even worth $100 each)

Epic Key Economy:
    Epic Key Value on economy is currently around $65,000 to $80,000 per key. This puts the 10-75% of the value number at $6,500-$8,000 up to $48,750-$60,000 for items valued less than the key itself. Using this percentage I would want these following items to be removed or replaced with something of higher value:

$1000, $1500, $2000, $3000, and $5000 (Have the numbers go $5000, $7500, $10000, $12500, $15000)
    128 and 192 Redstone (Remove or replace this one)
    Diamond Pickaxe (Remove or replace for sure)
    384, 448 and 512 Cobblestone (Just, no.)
    Enderchest and Enchantment Table (Worth $2500 and $3500 each so remove/replace)

Legendary Key Economy:
    Legendary Key Value on economy is currently around $250,000 to $300,000 per key. This puts the 10-75% of the value number at $25,000-$30,000 up to $187,500-$225,000 for items valued less than the key itself. Using this percentage I would want these following items to be removed or replaced with something of higher value:

$2000, $3000, $4000, $5000, $10000 (Have the numbers go $20000, $25000, $30000, $40000 and $50000)
    48 and 54 Iron (Increase the amount to 96 and 128)
    Diamond Pick (Definitely remove)
    25 Sand and Grass (Increase to 32 or 40 for each)
    Enderchest and Enchant Table: (Just remove these)

That sums up the suggestion, if you want me to go in depth more specifically on any area of the numbers or ideas feel free to ask, and feel free to give your own thoughts on each section of the reworks, thanks for reading

• Support Support x 18
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  2. KingJonSnow

KingJonSnow Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    KingJonSnow
    I really like the time and attention you put into creating this and I appreciate your efforts. I agree 100% that prizes should change, I would also argue the amount they cost in the store rather than the amount of grass or bal it takes to purchase them. Players run the economy for keys so the prices reflect what people are willing to pay for them.
    If rewards were changed to give better odds, I think a lot more people would be inclined to purchase them driving the shop to continue to make the server better and giving people more joy out of opening them. Thanks for posting this cal.

3. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    Thanks, appreciate it :3

4. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support. I mainly read the legendary key suggestion in skyblock and i really want them to change it and make it better. I bought 8 of them when there was a 50% off sale and barely got the beacon and the other i got are like the 30 iron etc which bummed me out. And it'll enable my legendary key gambling addiction even more!!

5. HeroDJBrine

HeroDJBrine Active Member

IGN:
    HeroDJBrine
  6. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    Bumping this :3

7. VonArnout

VonArnout Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VonArnout
    While I agree with what you did here, looking at it from a perspective of the game admins who directly profit of key sales. Having a higher winrate on keys might make people buy less of them. (Why buy 10 keys when you could get what you want in less?)

Grass prizes for keys are also a bit weird to relate to, don't the players themselves make the market for the keys? If the rewards go up, and risks go down wouldn't that increase the price for keys as well, creating a sort of infinite feedback loop?

8. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    Higher prize rates will encourage the purchase of more keys. Like I said, the current percentage of items that are currently worth more than lets say the legendary key on survival is 9.6%. If that were to increase to even like 20% it's still not guaranteed to win more than it's value. People don't just stop using keys after they get a certain item they still use them to get items more valuable to resell and make a profit, increasing the average return rate doesn't negate sales related to keys

This is why when I suggested an increase for Grass Blocks in the crates (or money for Economy) I only suggested increases that were between 10-30% of the key value roughly. This way the value of the key does not go up because those specific prizes are still only a small percentage of the key price. This allows for better prizes that still in the scheme of things aren't that great relative to the key.

9. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    Bumping this :3

10. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    wowowo so much time spent on this....

looks good to me, I support!

11. luka

IGN:
    Houzo
    Bumping!

New add on to the suggestion:

Currently, in the rare crates on survival, there are only two disguises, those being chicken, and pig.
    I suggest that basic disguises such as passive mobs be introduced to the rare crates. Not all at once, however. I think it would be cool to see the passive mob disguises rotate around in the crates on a monthly basis. This means that there will be change monthly and in turn, create more disguises for players to collect.

12. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    I also meant to add this originally to the thread, but I wanted the crate to not be able to give out disguises that the player already has obtained because it seems really pointless getting a prize you can literally do absolutely nothing with, getting a disguise alone is almost already mostly useless let alone one you have

13. luka

IGN:
    Houzo
    Very true, but getting a disguise you don't have is better than getting one you do.

So what you mean is that the crates detect the player has already got the disguise so make it so that prize cannot be won again?
    If so, I do like the idea of that too

14. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    Yes, if you have the disguise in the crate already, it would skip over that prize and go to the next one over, or whatever is theoretically possible with the plugin they use

15. luka

IGN:
    Houzo
    Very good idea.

16. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    November bump : D

17. Beens

Beens Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BeensMC
    The time and attention to detail you have put into this combined with the honestly far more appropriate rewards leads to one simple conclusion for me: full support!

18. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    Bumping again, keys still suck

19. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    Bump, : )

20. Calidre