NA Keeper's Mod Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by keeper_of_flame, Apr 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keeper_of_flame

keeper_of_flame Experienced Member

Welcome to my mod app. :D I've decided to post one. :p

I'll start by personally thanking you for coming and reading it. :heart:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for the form. This is the important stuff, so read it carefully. :D

Your in-game name:

Keeper_of_Flame

How old are you?

I'm 22 years young. ;)

What time zone are you in?

Eastern Time Zone (UTC -5:00)

What country do you live in?

I live in Canada.

What languages do you speak?

For the most part, I only speak English. I do know enough French to communicate, though my spoken is much better than my written so I'm not sure how much I could actually help in French. Of course, I would always be up for trying.

Have you ever been banned? (if yes, why?)

I was temp banned by the Console once for "flying" when I was jumping. Other than that, no. I've never been banned on any server.

Why do you think you should be a mod?

This was the hardest question for me to answer. Truthfully because it's new, and I'm worried that I won't be able to handle it. I would never want to let the server, the community down. However, I have been thinking this over and I have decided that I am ready to at least try. There's so many apps, there's a good chance mine won't be picked anyway, so why should be so scared?

So, then why do I think I should be a mod? I want to clean up the streets, er, islands. I love Org, playing skyblock is by far my favourite hobby. For the most part it's the community that has hooked me and anchored me here, and like a mother bear, I'm not happy when someone threatens my Org family. As a player, I can still handle small issues, like answering questions, reminding confused new comers of the rules against spamming and language and helping out here and there. However, when there is something big going down, all I can do is sit back, cross my fingers and hope for the best. I'd like to be able to offer my help when someone cries out they've been griefed or scammed. I'd like to be able to kick someone who refuses to listen to the polite "Please don't swear." and protect the people on the server who are perhaps younger and more impressionable or just offended by the language. I'd like to be able to help people lock and archive old threads to keep things neat and clean on the forums. I'd like to be able to post the form in ban appeals when it's forgotten to help speed up the process for other mods. I would like the power to stand up and protect the community I love when it's threatened.

I don't just know the rules, I understand them. I know why most of them exist and what having them broken means. The staff keeps things under control, but I would like to be by their side, offering my help.

If I am accepted to be a trial mod, I will do my best to learn from as many of the mods as possible and draw on all of their experience. I will do my best to not let the community down. :heart:

What qualifications do you have?

Patience - I'm human, so my patience does have limits however, I feel like I do have a lot of patience, most days anyway. We all know how important patience is from explaining the rules to a new member to trying to get to the bottom of what happened from a frantic greif victim.

Knowledge - When I do something, I tend to want to do it thoroughly. This means that I've spent a lot of time learning about Minecraft and testing things out for myself. I know a lot about the basic game mechanics and have memorized many of the crafting recipes. I played the skyblock survival map long before I ever got into servers, so I know about starting and building an island. In my time on the server, I've been over the rules time and time again, as well as reading through a lot of what's on the forums and learning about the plugins from outside sources, trying to understand. I'm still learning of course, especially about the plugins and commands. With this knowledge I feel like it's easy for me to quickly answer questions in chat and on the forums, and help new and old players alike.

Mediation - I've never been much for arguing, I like calm conversation and friendly debates. As such, when my friends are fighting, I often fall into the mediator role, trying to understand both sides and help them find common ground. I feel this is useful when settling minor conflicts in game and on the forums.

Playfulness - I am very mature and serious when it's called for, but when it's not I can be extremely silly. I love jokes, and sometimes pranks and just having a good time in general. I'm very careful not to over step boundaries, but I definitely will sincerely apologize if someone feels I have gone too far. I find that this side of me helps me to relate to others, and would hopefully make me a less intimidating mod, if I were to become one. I don't want people being afraid of me if they're behaving themselves. ;) Don't get me wrong though, the ban hammer would be brought down when needed.

Active - I think of myself as being active, both on Org and on the forums. I spend a lot of time on both and thoroughly enjoy it.

Teamwork - I've spoken with a lot, if not all of the Org mods and some of the Net mods. I hold a great deal of respect for them all, and I'm sure they all have a lot to teach me, if I were to be promoted. I believe I could also gain their respect and trust. I think I could fit in well enough with the team and work effectively with them. :heart:

Logical - I have the ability (for the most part) to separate the majority of my feelings from a situation. This means I won't take it out on someone if I don't particularly trust them or have been annoyed by them in the past. Also that I will not allow friends to get away with breaking the rules. I won't take sides in arguments or problems without being backed by facts. No one is above the rules, and no one needs to be crushed by them either. Everyone should get fair treatment as far as I'm concerned.

How long can you be active on the server every day?

I'm currently very active, however in the summer and likely afterwards I will be getting a job. I'm not even sure what job yet, but likely a minimum wage one with a weird schedule. In any case, I should still be able to dedicate 2 to 3 hours a day to the server and forums, possibly more.

Of course, sometimes things come up in real life. If they're expected things like plans with family or friends, I'll try to keep people updated on whether or not I'll be around (likely through the forums).

How long have you been playing skyblock.org?

I joined the forums on Feb 1st, 2014 and I was playing on Org for about 2 weeks prior to that I believe. So roughly three months at this time.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

Unfortunately, I do not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that we're through the important bits, there is still a few things I'd like to say.

Yes, my real in game name and forum name is Keeper_of_Flame, but many know me as my nick MadamKeeper (MadamKeeper). So I tend to be known as Madam or Keeper, and I do respond to both. :p However, my real name is Amanda in case you were curious. Though it's pretty rare for anyone to pronounce the first a, I usually get called Manda.

Uhm, I only play on skyblock.org. I don't have anything against the other Noobcrew servers; I tried Net and Hellblock and just didn't click. Org is my home. :heart:

I love emoticons. Sorry if the irritate you. >.> o_O :D :p :heart:

I'm not going to be adding any more colour to this app, I'm sorry. I just know that the colours bother some people's eyes and I want the content to matter, not how pretty it is. So though I love RAINBOWS, it's going to stay mainly black, sorry if that disappoints you. I tried to space it out and break it up so it would be easy to read. If you have non colour related suggestions to make it even easier to read, feel free to pm me.

It's an honour just to apply. :heart:

Notes

If you're going to support me, please make sure you're doing it for the right reasons. When you say support I want to know that it's because you really think I'd be a good mod and that I would be right for the server. If that's in order than thank you so much for your support, it means more than you could ever know, but I'll probably still post to thank you. :heart:

If you don't support, please leave a reason. How can I improve if I don't know what I'm doing wrong? If you're shy or nervous, or worried about being hated on, feel free to post "No support" and pm me your reasons privately. I will keep them to myself and work on improving what needs to be improved. If you've left me some constructive criticism, thank you as well. It's just as important as the support, if not more.

Finally, I know that there are many apps, from many good people looking to be an Org mod. The fact that you took the time to read my app, and especially if you commented (one way or the other), means the world to me, so thank you. If I don't get mod, you'll still see me bouncing around the server. If you have a question, feel free to ask and if you just want to say hi, drop me a msg or just give me a shout out in global, or even hit me up on here the forums. ;) I don't bite.... not often anyway.

Thanks all,

MadamKeeper / Keeper_of_Flame / Amanda​

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  2. Joben333

Joben333 Active Member

OMFG FIRST SUPPORTER :heart:
    Madam is always helping people, and she's so nice, and very caring. She's always on like 24/7, and you can depend on her for help :D
    10000000% support. She would be a great mod :heart:

3. McBird

McBird Active Member

Support, You are one of the nicest and most active people on the server, whenever you are on you always help people even when you want to do something yourself, You never get angry at anyone and always talk to people. I really hope that you get mod.

4. Lukenblaz

Lukenblaz Well-Known Member

Didn't need to read the application.

Your actions in-game show you that you are capable of helping others before helping yourself. I have never seen you break any rules at or even get angry at someone. Being able to put aside your feelings and just moderate is a hard thing to do.
    I support

5. keeper_of_flame

Oh gawsh. Thanks Joben. Thanks McBird. :heart: The support means a lot.

Lucario... you're supposed to read the app. There's important stuff in there. XD But thank you for the support anyway, since you gave reasons. :heart:

6. Veggie64

Veggie64 Well-Known Member

ZOMG FINALLY! SUPPORT!

7. AmazingGraceGirl

AmazingGraceGirl Senior Member

IGN:
    AmazingGraceGirl
    Support I love you my darling Keeper, your awesome and friendly..and a good person to hangout with.. :) I can't wait in till your accepted and I know you will (^_^).. (Watch every mod will support too) we have all fallen in love with your Personality.. Also great app its well written..and very good...I see you helping people in game a lot while also Maintaining talking to others.. for that Support..

8. keeper_of_flame

Veggie, I hope you read it dear. But thank you. :heart:

Thanks Grace. :heart:

9. Veggie64

Veggie64 Well-Known Member

I did bby :heart: Good luck

10. james14

james14 Well-Known Member

Support :D

11. Darkchyldeone

Darkchyldeone Well-Known Member

I am glad to see you putting in an application. You're a terrifically kind hearted person, who actually cares about the Players And the server. I give to you my full support and hope to one day see you on the team.

12. MrStealYourGirl

MrStealYourGirl Experienced Member

Support 100% Support

13. Urr_Hi

Urr_Hi Member

Support

14. Best

Best Well-Known Member

Support or meh Keeper :heart:

15. keeper_of_flame

Wow, so much support. o.o

Thanks everyone. :heart: I'm nearly at a loss for words.

16. nullandvoid

nullandvoid Well-Known Member

17. Creepersteam

Creepersteam Well-Known Member

Support, very nice person, and you'll be ready for the job. I saw you in-game, just kept myself hidden :lurk:

18. keeper_of_flame

Oh dear. Hidden support. >.>

Thanks guys. :heart:

Oh and if anyone has any feedback on things I can do better with the app, or on the forums or in game, feel free to post or pm me. :D I'm a big girl, I can take it. :p

19. Neonblaze2

Neonblaze2 Well-Known Member

So much support.. I can't even describe the amount Keeper helps in game
    100% Support

20. Malfoyesque

Malfoyesque Active Member

Full support! I don't play org that much, but I see you online every single time I do and you always look out for me no matter what you're doing at the moment :heart:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.