Economy Keep Steve Chicky Heads

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Calidre, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    I have been informed that they are planning on changing the glitched Hatched Chicky Heads to appear as Steve but keep the lore, back to their original head.

I’m suggesting to keep it as is, the same thing happened with the Red/Green Present or like Ad Crate Keys and they didn’t revert it back. It’s more fun having some accidental rares and I suggest that they keep it as is and don’t change it back, more fun that way

• Support Support x 5
    • No Support No Support x 5
    • Neutral Neutral x 3
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  2. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    So... Do you have one?

3. needtorename

needtorename Content Creator Premium

IGN:
    needtorename
    How do they look like?

4. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    I do have one so do a few others
    3634352C-E69F-4D82-9113-F0EC2527BA2E.jpeg

5. needtorename

IGN:
    needtorename
  6. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    On eco? As I'm pretty sure it only occurred there

7. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    U owe me one or ill steal more cookies

8. needtorename

IGN:
    needtorename
    Sb

9. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    there are no sb steve chickys there are a total of 7 sb steve chickys

10. Slybudda

Slybudda THE GOAT Premium

IGN:
    Slybudda
    I support the idea of the Steve chicky being kept the way they are skinned, this goes for both servers.

I feel like the most important part of the heads mis-texturing is the history behind it in the hunt itself, with the broken items being rarer than the normal ones due to the bug being fixed fairly quickly, and expensive due to its very different appearance (I like the fact that us eco players finally have a wearable Steve head too, its something I've wanted for a LONG time and to see it in the game right now is something I value)

this head is pretty much the same as the Red/Green presents hunt head from Christmas 2020 (with different circumstances of course), with an unintentional event at the hunt occurring during release of the item and not many of them being brought into the game, while the head is supposed to be a hatched chicky I believe that replacing each Steve head with a chicky will spoil the special nature of the item itself.

the bug is a monumental event on both servers, and while no longer dangerous (it wiped one of my shulkers due to a plugin conflict which has been fixed) I believe removing it is erasing history.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Bruh moment.

12. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

If I'm not wrong, this issue only occurred on /economy, so these heads are unavailable on /skyblock.

Personally I think it should be fixed because unlike the red/green present, this wasn't intentionally done by Noobcrew himself. It was a glitch that required patching and so I just think that all the heads should be fixed.

No support.

edit; switched to neutral. good discussion.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  13. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    The red green present was not intentional either that's the point. He forgot to change the colour lore to rainbow on some of them and then fixed it later to revert it to Rainbow. It was never intentional either and it was still kept in therefore I see no reason to fix this head

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Blade2344

Blade2344 Member

IGN:
    Blade2344
    Support from me! I'm the owner of one and it is just rarer than the others. They should leave them as they are.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  15. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    If you want to leave them as they are doesn't that mean you support this?

16. Mai

Regardless though wasn't that just the lore? The Steve removes the entire initial design of the head. I get it's interesting that this happened but I just don't think it should be kept this way. Plus it was sort of dispiriting to see a glitch ruin a number of heads that time was taken on to make.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    Yes that is correct it was just the lore. That is also correct, but there are dozens of heads that were produced properly and loads of players still have the original head. It's not meant to replace it, it's an addition with a very small amount of players even having them. If all head designs were wiped that would be a different story, but since there are very few of them and loads of regular ones still in circulation and players still owning them to begin with, I still don't see why it's a major issue to keep it as it doesn't cause any harm

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Slybudda

IGN:
    Slybudda
    I understand your viewpoint here specifically based on how the lore is different to the actual design of the item itself, but what doesn't make sense to me is the highlight in the quote above.

I personally feel like going through all 20 of the eggs and receiving a bugged variation of the head to be WAY cooler than getting the same as everyone else, even if it wasn't intentional the variety is more lively than you would get if it was bog standard hunt heads for everyone, and whilst yes I understand that effort went into the design of the item, it would just spoil the history of the event to me.

*Edit* Calis post above is PERFECT for a transition, the number of hatched chicks compared to bugged Steve chicks is MUCH larger than it is being made out to be, Its not like the ratio is 50-50 here where half the heads have been ruined, its a really small number to cast aside for a sake of history.

19. Mai

There is obviously nothing wrong with if it stays! However, I'd personally prefer if they were reverted back to how they initially were. For instance Sly, you have reasons you want them to stay such as the history of the event, as for me that does not matter much. It's just a difference in opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Slybudda

IGN:
    Slybudda
    just to let you know blade, you are no supporting the heads being fixed but this thread argues against them being changed :) you should be supporting this one