Inactive James Lake mod app

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by rS PandaZz, Apr 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rS PandaZz

rS PandaZz Active Member

IGN:
    the_white_peps
    In game name: the_white_peps

Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time

Additional Languages: I can speak some spanish

Capturing Evidence: Yes my computer can record and take screenshots

Active Time: It will vary day to day, but I would say at least 4-5 hours a day

First Join: Years ago, like 2014 maybe, I think my forums account is from 2015 or 2016

Ever been banned: I don't think so, and if I have it had to of been so long ago

Past Experience: I have been mod on a couple of my friends servers, but they weren't really big or anything but they had a player base.

Why: I think I should become a mod member because I can be a really helpful person in chat. I'm pretty sure I know just about every command to use that new players might need help finding. I can type really fast, so I'll be able to answer questions very quickly. I'm a very friendly person, I'm not toxic, and I'll be very active and talking to people in chat, so I think people will like seeing me in the chat.

Meet Requirements: I believe I do meet the requirements. 2fa setup, I do own a discord account, and as I mentioned a little earlier I have had this forums account for at least 5 years.

Hi my name is James, I'm not sure whether or not it matters what server I am applying for, but I was looking mostly to apply for Skyblock Classic for the reason that I have not seen any mods on that server in so long. I do still see players there and playing, and I have also seen an active chat over there. There may be new players that go over there and play and I think that there should be at least a mod over there to help. If needed I could always bounce between servers. I have a good time on the server and I enjoy helping people out. It's a really nice feeling when someone doesn't know how to do something, and you're the one that helps. It's a really good feeling, to me at least. I'm very active on socials like discord, I'm sure that's a big one for you, seeing we are required an account. So if I'm not online and you need someone online, shoot me a text on discord and I'll probably be able to get on within like 5 minutes most of the time. I hope that gave you more of an insight as to who I am and how I'll do things as mod, and I really hope you'll consider letting me be a mod for classic or all the servers, like I said I'm really not too sure how your system works, but I am a fast learner so I'll catch up quick!

• No Support No Support x 28
    • Neutral Neutral x 5
  2. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Please enable 2-FA on Forums to prevent your application from being denied. If you have it enabled, you should’ve received the trophy. I do not see it on your list. You can enable it by clicking your name on the top bar and click 2 Factor Authentication.

Thanks and good luck.

3. rS PandaZz

rS PandaZz Active Member

IGN:
    the_white_peps
    Ah! I thought that meant for in game lol! I just had a look to see if I had it enabled and I didn't but I did just turn it on, so I hope that will make my app okay.

4. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    Thanks for you application!!

Whenever I pop over to classic you are always willing to help players who need it.
    I am going to go neutral for now but I will come over more often to talk to you!

Thanks again and best of luck :D

5. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Thanks for enabling 2FA.

You’re a Classic player and it’d be great to have a staff covering Classic. I think you should try to be more active on Forums and Discord though! I’ll be neutral too but once I see a bump in activity, I’ll be happy to change to support. I find your application short and sweet. It describes you well and it’s to the point! Good luck :heartface:

6. rS PandaZz

rS PandaZz Active Member

IGN:
    the_white_peps
    Thank you! I really appreciate that! I will definitely try and be more active on those platforms, I'm usually just more active in game helping out in game but I will definitely try and adapt!

7. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    I’m currently between Neutral and No-support.

As I do not often log onto classic, I cannot deny that you’re active nor helpful on classic.

However, if you wish to apply, you must be familiar and confident with all aspects of the Skyblock server group, including SB Survival and Economy. I have seen you on neither while being an active player on both, hence why I am not supporting.

This is also the first time I’ve seen you on the forums, apart from one or two threads that we have both contributed in.

My first interaction with you was last night on Discord, and you seem like a good person with good intention. Which is why I can’t rate you a no support.

Maybe this will change in the future, if you’re willing to change.

Good luck!

8. rS PandaZz

rS PandaZz Active Member

IGN:
    the_white_peps
    Thank you!

9. endmaster207

endmaster207 Active Member

IGN:
    endmaster207
    i support

10. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I do believe it is vital to have someone moderating classic and unfortunately we do have to spend our time on the more populated servers to maintain them. This also means applicants will also need to have sound knowledge of at least the most populated servers as you will find it difficult in the team if you are needed to moderate on the other servers.

So please take your time to get to know the other server communities too because it is beneficial in the long term.
    Show all the positive aspects to more people as well so we can get to know you better :)

11. rS PandaZz

rS PandaZz Active Member

IGN:
    the_white_peps
    Recently I have been playing a LOT of survival, getting to know players over there more, and I feel like I've made some good connections. But when you say other do you mean eco too? Because eco has never been my type of skyblock, I feel like the format is a little weird over there with actually balance, and it just doesn't feel like skyblock to me. Say I did get accepted, I would definitely be more than happy to go over there and moderate without a doubt. I could go over there now, and get to know people, but I don't just want to get to know the people, I also want to play and have fun, over there I just don't have any fun. Thank you for the feedback I really do appreciate it!

12. rS PandaZz

rS PandaZz Active Member

IGN:
    the_white_peps
    Thank you for the support!

13. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  14. rS PandaZz

rS PandaZz Active Member

IGN:
    the_white_peps
    Changed that skin after like 3 minutes when people told me it was not an appropriate skin. Don't believe that's a bad thing, once I was told, it was gone.

15. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    You don’t need people to have to tell you that’s an inappropriate skin. If you can’t tell what’s appropriate and not, how the heck are you going to be a mod?
    You should, as an applicant, have had made an effort to have read and understand all rules. A simple “I didn’t know it wasn’t appropriate” won’t cut it - you should have known better.

This itself is grounds for a ban - Using a hitler Minecraft skin is completely unacceptable and not in a million years should a player, even more a moderator ever use one.

16. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    no support but close to neutral - your skin situation + you seem to not have a understanding of the rules.

17. Madie

Madie Member

You had a Hitler skin on as a joke, and being reported for it should honestly disqualify you. I wouldn't feel comfortable with someone who made a joke about that person as a moderator on a server I love.

Not sure how to add my no support, but I don't support.

18. PieCake

PieCake Active Member

IGN:
    PieCake
    No support, I personally don't know you too well but based on a conversation I had with you earlier it is clear that you don't understand why your skin was offensive to others. I know that I and many other members of the community would not feel comfortable having a moderator that doesn't understand why these things that may be considered "just a skin" to you are offensive and hurtful to many people in the community. screenshot 26.png

19. Azzy

Azzy Member

IGN:
    HeyImAzz
    I'm going to have to no support sorry. As others have said already about the skin situation, even as a joke shouldn't have happened. I've never seen you help in chat although you say you are active. Based on situations I question your judgement and maturity for a staff position.

20. rS PandaZz

rS PandaZz Active Member

IGN:
    the_white_peps
    It's a skin. A skin in a game. It was made for players to use. I'm not going to say that I am sorry to you, I'm not. A skin inside of a video game means absolutely nothing. Am I going to get mod now? Probably not, but oh well, I'm not sorry that I had a skin on in a video game for like 3 minutes. I put a Donald Trump one on too, I don't see anyone reporting me for that? Trump is a racist too, but that one is okay? Alright then. You and whoever else can be mad about a skin in a video game all you want. I'm going to sit here and laugh about you getting pressed over it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.