NA ItzVxper's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Viper, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Viper

Viper Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ItzVxper#4087
    IGN:
    ItzVxper
    bruh.PNG

Introduction

Hello there! Thank you for taking the time to read my application. I am Viper and today I will be applying for helper on skyblock.net. If you are not familiar with who I am, then I will briefly introduce myself. My name in real life is Kian, although most of you recognize me as Viper. I am 17 years old and in my last year of high school. My favorite hobbies include guitar, soccer, and video games. However, I do suffer from Asperger's, which affects my social skills in real life and my speaking voice, so my voice sounds very off and weird if you ever hear it. If you want to learn more about me, click here. This is one of the very few servers I enjoy on Minecraft, and I can be found mainly on the Survival server. Any and all feedback from my application, support or not, is appreciated and will help me improve both as a player and a member of the skyblock community.

Your in-game name and discord tag:

My in-game name is ItzVxper (previously viper_lord03). However, you will see me nicknamed as Viper. On discord, my tag is ItzVxper#4087

What time zone are you in?

I am in the Pacific Standard Time Zone (UTC -08:00).

What country do you live in?

I live in the United States of America.

Can you speak any additional languages?

Besides being fluent in the English language, I understand basic conversational level German (lived in Germany for 2 years).

Do you have 2FA enabled?

Yes, I have Two-Factor Authentication enabled on my account.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?

Besides the built-in F2 capture on my laptop, I can also upload images to Imgur and can record on my laptop with its built-in screen recorder.

Why do you think you should become a staff member?

Helpful

I always enjoy helping others on skyblock. Not necessarily because I have to, but because I like to. I’ve helped many people on the server since the time I first joined, whether in public chat or a private message. I’ve helped in various ways from responding to others that need help making a new island to enchanting and fixing items for players that do not have access to such commands. Over the course of my time on skyblock, I have learned a lot about the server, which I have used to pass down to other players that do not have as much knowledge as me.

Mature

Despite making jokes and fooling around in chat sometimes, I consider myself very mature for my age. I will admit in the past (when my in-game name was Viper_Lord1403, and I was a lot younger and dumber than I am now), I have said and done a lot of very immature things that may have even warranted a few warnings, but the past is the past and since I have grown up from those days, I can reflect on my younger self and see where I went wrong. I can easily recognize when I need to be serious in certain situations, whether it be helping others or dealing with banned players, and can also recognize when joking around is appropriate.

Truthful/Honest

I strive to always achieve trust within other players in the community. It is never my goal to lie or deceive, as I always believed that it is never the right thing to do. As a helper, others will look up to you and count on you. For example, if I ban someone in-game, I can not lie about banning them for another reason or lie without having evidence. You will need proper evidence to justify their ban. If I accidentally receive an item from another player, I return it. If someone trusts me on their island to help them, I do not take their valuables, simply because it’s not the right thing to do.

Friendly/Approachable

I consider myself to be a very approachable person. If someone comes to me or asks me a question, I will answer respectfully and do my best to answer their question. I always interact with other players and the community as kindly as possible. This allows me to ease myself into conversations with others on the server I don’t really know or speak to a lot. I always enjoy making new friends on Skyblock.

Active

I am usually very active on the server, normally up to 2 to 4 hours per day if my schedule permits. I do my best to pay attention in chat to others that seek help. I mainly stick to the net server as the org server has never really ever appealed to me personally, however, if necessary, I will flex between Survival and Economy. I am also very active on the forums. Although I don't really post a lot on the forums as some of the current staff members, I check forums multiple times per day to learn of new updates and respond to any notifications if I get any. I also do my best to keep an eye out for people in need of help on the forums. The same applies to discord: I may not talk a lot in chat, but I go on discord for at least 1 to 2 hours per day to silent stalk other chats on the server. I try my best to keep an eye for people asking questions in the skyblock help section. However, if necessary, I will work on keeping an eye out more for any rule breakers on discord. I will also try to work more on engaging with chat if it means I become a better involved member of the community.

Respectful

I always listen to both sides of the story and respect other people's opinions or what they think about a certain subject matter. I do my best to not interrupt a person while they are speaking and listen to everything they have to say before I respond with my own thoughts. I value everyone's opinions and thoughts as much as mine and I personally believe that it is an important trait to possess not only as a staff member, but as a human being in general.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?

My hours vary depending on schoolwork and family/holiday time. My times are posted below. This counts for both the server and forums/discord.

Monday - Friday: 1 to 4 hours per day

Saturdays and Sundays: 3 to 5 hours per day

Holidays/School Recess: 3 to 7 hours per day

When did you first join Skyblock?

I began playing the skyblock server back sometime in 2014 (can't remember an exact date, so I apologize), with multiple breaks in between. However, I made my forums account on December 21st, 2017.

Have you ever been banned on any platform?

I have never been banned from the server, on the forums, or from discord.

Do you have any past moderation experience?

Unfortunately, I do not have any past experience as a moderator. But this does not automatically mean I am unfit to become a staff member. I have learned many of the moderation commands used on this server and their respective functions, and I will continue to educate and familiarize myself. I also have reviewed and studied the rules both In-game and on the forums as well.

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No

50 post count:

Two Factor Authentication:

1 month registered on the Skyblock forums:

Have a discord account: (ItzVxper#4087)

Yes, I meet the requirements for staff.

Thank you for taking the time and the trouble to read my application. Any thoughts you have, even if it's no support, are greatly appreciated by me and will be used to improve myself as a player.

Kind Regards

~ItzVxper

• Support Support x 7
    • Neutral Neutral x 4
    • No Support No Support x 3
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021 at 9:18 PM
  2. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

Discord:
    Splat<3#4649
    IGN:
    SplatBerry
    I personally believe you jumped into your characteristics with no explanation, so if you personally want you can change that. Neutral leaning to support.

edit: support

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  3. Viper

Viper Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ItzVxper#4087
    IGN:
    ItzVxper
    Thank you for your response, Splat. Personally, I don’t believe I jumped into my characteristics with no warning. I'm sorry, but I don't think I will be changing it. I hope to have your support in the future!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  4. trin

trin stan james Premium

Discord:
    trinity#1000
    IGN:
    twxntyonepilots
    I really don't think it matters if he wrote a little bit above it - it doesn't change his ability.

Anyways, neutral, v close to support. I can't speak a lot on your activity, when I get on you're typically helping in chat, being nice, and you're fairly involved with the discord. The application also seems well planned and thought out, I just think that maybe engaging in a few more convos in the discord or joining vcs would help you get a friendlier appearance if that makes sense - because since it seems you like to do late at night convos I would suggest just hopping in a random convo here or there if you see one you're interested in <3

5. Viper

Viper Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ItzVxper#4087
    IGN:
    ItzVxper
    Thank you trin. I'm working on my discord activity right now, and although I know its a weak spot for me, Ill do my best to improve by joining Voice Calls and convorsations.

6. boba

boba lovin' serendipity Helper Premium

Discord:
    boba#8778
    IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Hi Viper,

It's great to see you re-applying! I've noticed that this is your third application and that's fine (I've done the exact same). I would like to ask 2 questions that I was also asked before during my application period (not trying to make this about me by the way).
    1. How long do you intend to keep your application open? Like weeks, months or until it may be accepted?
    2. Any specific reason you had your previous applications archived? If you don't want to say it publicly, you can DM me or you don't have to answer this at all.
    I would like to talk about some things in your application:
    This is a great addition! You are familiar with our server/forum rules and they are quite similar to our discord rules. I would recommend if you haven't already to read our discord rules to give you an idea of how we handle things.
    Do not apologize for this. We do not need an exact date of when you joined. An estimate is perfectly fine. : )
    I'm not sure if you necessarily mean only Forums but it would be nice to also have you enable 2FA on Discord.
    ---
    Now I would like to talk about how I see you in game.

Your activity on Economy could be a bit bumped as I don't frequently see you there. This may be because of my timings on but I'm not quite sure. I've seen you on Survival a lot which is good but try to balance your activity.

You can also bump your discord activity:
    Voice Calls are not necessary but seeing you engage in conversations and helping in our help channels would be great. Forums activity is good. It's the perfect amount I would say, not too much but not too little.

My overall rating is neutral leaning towards support. Good luck. : )

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Viper

Viper Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ItzVxper#4087
    IGN:
    ItzVxper
    Hey Boba! Thanks for your response!
    Since I am going to begin attending College this August, it could be a matter of months or until this application it is potentially accepted. I might have to close my application once I begin attending College because of the potential workload.

Discussed this in PM with boba :)

Economy isn't really my cup of tea and I do not quite enjoy it as much as Skyblock Survival. I'll work on my economy activity as well.

Already done both of these :D

Thank you for being honest Boba, as it helps me improve to become a better member of the community :D.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021 at 6:30 PM
  8. needtorename

needtorename Content Creator Premium

Discord:
    needtorename#1814
    IGN:
    needtorename
    Support my friend, after the mistake with the gc, you cared a lot to fix the mistake as fast as you could
    That proved me you will do good when it comes to help as a mod

9. Viper

Viper Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ItzVxper#4087
    IGN:
    ItzVxper
    Thank you for your support tore! :)

10. FlamingTrees

FlamingTrees Active Member

Discord:
    FlamingTrees#1739
    IGN:
    flaming_feet_
    Support, very friendly and underrated player IMO. Would make a fantastic mod. Additionally, he is very professional and approachable. Best of luck! :D

11. Viper

Viper Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ItzVxper#4087
    IGN:
    ItzVxper
    Aye thank you for supporting me flaming!

12. Viper

Viper Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ItzVxper#4087
    IGN:
    ItzVxper
    Thank you for updating your status and changing to support splat! It means alot to me :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Viper

Viper Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ItzVxper#4087
    IGN:
    ItzVxper
  14. bubloe

bubloe Active Member

Discord:
    bubloe#7598
    support! i see you helping out in chat a lot, and you are online everyday! not only that but you are very approachable, kind, and unbiased, which i think are all very important characteristics to have as a moderator.
    i think you would flourish on the staff team, good luck viper! :cat:

15. Viper

Viper Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ItzVxper#4087
    IGN:
    ItzVxper
    Thank you for the support bubs :3

16. alex : (

alex : ( Convicted Felon Premium

Discord:
    alexh#5329