Skyblock Item Collector Mod

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Vanithan, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Vanithan

Vanithan Member

Would it be possible to add something like this?
    Item Collectors - Mods - Minecraft - CurseForge

Or This?
    Simple Item Collector Chest - Mods - Minecraft - CurseForge

To the server. It would make it so much more resource friendly for map artists as some resources can be quite hard to come by. I would even be willing to buy them as command perk or the like. Just something that could be crafted to help with gathering of resources as tare downs can be tedious enough without having to be concerned with losing expensive materials. I know it's a long shot but figured I would throw it out there.

• Neutral Neutral x 2
    • No Support No Support x 1
  2. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

If crop hoppers exist then I see no reason this couldn’t be coded. It might help lag from the mechanisms used to collect carpet

3. botia

botia Active Member

IGN:
    botiaman
    this could probably be coded rly easily but i think the server runs on plugins only, and not mods

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Key words. If it's a mod it can be a plugin.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Prometheus

Prometheus Active Member Premium

IGN:
    PrometheusTheMad
    No real opinion on this right now, I guess it may be useful to an extent however have any potential negatives been thought of? And yeah as ca1 any mod can be coded to be a plugin I doubt thatd be an issue

6. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

I just think the general consensus on these sorts of ideas is that the vanilla aspect of the server is what makes it appealing compared to other skyblock servers. I understand crop hoppers was a sort of emergency reaction addition after lag got too bad so i'm not sure they would add a game-altering item for a QoL update.

7. Vanithan

Vanithan Member

It's just a option that is out there. I know my current collection system isn't very lag friendly with all the water and red stone being used in a 128 x 128 area for the map art.

8. Sky

Sky Active Member Premium

IGN:
    SkyGuyGamerz
    I am not really that big of a fan of this idea as it will make map art prices go way down and it would make map arts way to easy to make, and just takes away the time and effort that it takes to make them. I fell as it would not make them as valuable anymore! Also people who have made auto collectors and spent time making those would be really disappointed like me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk