Issues connecting.

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by Korangar, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korangar

Korangar Active Member

I have no idea why, but I'm still having issues connecting. It's literally just to this server and I don't understand it. It stays stuck on the "loading terrain" screen forever, then lets me in game like 20 minutes later for all of 30 seconds while chat goes crazy before being kicked. Anyone know what's going on? My net isn't THAT bad. I:<

2. Marc

Marc Senior Member

IGN:
    marcuwu
    This happens to me sometimes. It'll be downloading terrain for a couple minutes and then when I do join the chat catches up really quickly and I get kicked for sending too many packets. I'm assuming it has something to do with the new anticheat because it just started happening again with me.

3. Kerahna

Kerahna Administrator Administrator Forums Administrator

IGN:
    Kerahna
    I have the same issue, and I know Lemonade had it last month (it resolved by itself after a few weeks). Saintsenberg is experiencing it right now too. It's terrible because I log in and the server announces it to everyone and people start messaging me, and I can't see any of it! Sometimes it takes 5 tries to stay logged in, sometimes I can't get in at all and just give up.

I've tried using a different computer, different wifi network, and different account, and I just can't escape.
    Cyp said he increased the number of packets allowed but I think whatever is causing the lag still piles up more packets than the amount allowed. I have no idea what to do next :(

4. Lemonade

Lemonade Boss Member

IGN:
    Lemonade__
    I had the same issue, yes. I contacted my ISP (four hour phone call!), unblocked my ports, tried Ethernet/wifi, tried a VPN, got a new router, ran numerous traceroutes, tried different servers, wiped my computer clean of Minecraft completely and reinstalled it, tried it with/without optifine, deleted all mods, and nothing worked. I finally gave up and waited for about two weeks. Lo and behold, it fixed itself.

It's all caused by a packet loss. No information is being sent from your connection to your ISP, which is what causes this to happen.
    There really isn't anything you can do other than wait. I don't know why this happens, though

5. Korangar

Korangar Active Member

Yours fixed itself in a couple of weeks, mine has been doing this for about two months? I've tried different computers and stuff as well, but I'm not savvy enough to know about the other stuff. :c Should I just keep waiting for it to fix itself or? .-.

6. Marc

Marc Senior Member

IGN:
    marcuwu
    This is what solved it for me, as well as boosted my speeds in general.

7. Happyguy

Happyguy Well-Known Member

IGN:
    happyguy460
    I have the same issue, But it is 3-5 minute "Downloading Terrain" sessions. :|

But I can connect in the early hours? (12:00 A.M..)

8. Marc

Marc Senior Member

IGN:
    marcuwu

For people that don't understand. It downloads the terrain for a while and when you do join chat catches up, and you get kicked for sending too many packets.

9. Kerahna

Kerahna Administrator Administrator Forums Administrator

IGN:
    Kerahna
    For past 3 days I've been still stuck on the downloading terrain screen, but am no longer getting kicked for packets when I catch up. How's everyone else doing?

10. Marc

Marc Senior Member

IGN:
    marcuwu
    About 4/5 times I get kicked for packets when I connect.

11. Korangar

Korangar Active Member

It let me connect tonight! :D Only after about 5 or so minutes at that LOL.

12. Marc

Marc Senior Member

IGN:
    marcuwu
    Yeah it takes a few tries for me.

13. JadonGamingYT

JadonGamingYT Active Member

I HATE THISNEW ANTICHEAT DELETE IT OR I QUIT THIS SERVER!

14. clxrity

clxrity Experienced Member

IGN:
    clxrity
    I was having the same issue for a while at the same time you were - as were a lot of users. The "too many packets" issue has seemed to of died down a bit for now. I've seen you online lately, and I've been able to connect fine as well.

Usually I'd direct connect with skyblock.net when I wasn't able to join, and it'd help some.
    upload_2017-2-13_14-25-21.png
    Just throwing that out there, in case you come across the issue and want to try this.

Closing for now. Please do feel free to create another thread if you're having troubles again, or request the thread to be re-opened. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.