Islands without WorldGuard protection [Await Cyp]

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by Stayen er Metuar, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Stayen er Metuar

Stayen er Metuar Well-Known Member

OK, the thread I posted to and tried to get any ETAs of WorldGuard protection applief to all the islands currently lacking it has been archived.

All I can read is "It will be fixed on new update". When the update happens? In a month, in a year?

I am getting strong feeling I am simply ignored as a player. Since I am also a donator to 4 servers of Skyblock.net, I also feel I was doing that in vain. When I donate, I expect at least decent attitude to me from owners - I do abide by the rules and do not cause any trouble on servers, BTW.

Perhaps I should just reset my island on skyblock.org ? It will mean months of dull gameplay just to restore everything I had so far (obviously, no moderators will care keeping my items to transfer to new island), but at least I will be able to set up a warp, make shops/public areas.

At the moment I can't - it will mean total island devastation in a matter of hours.

Now, once again, when the absence of region protection for some islands will be handled? I am getting tired of both being ignored when asking that, and from getting false promises.

A realistic answer, please.

2. Bdarkslayer

Bdarkslayer Experienced Member

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    This is still an issue? OMG, you have been waiting for months! This needs to be fixed

3. AmazingGraceGirl

AmazingGraceGirl Senior Member

IGN:
    AmazingGraceGirl
    Hmm I have an idea that could work, Why don't you ask the admin, to world edit copy your island....and then reset it and then they paste it in the new protected area?

4. Stayen er Metuar

Alas, it's still an issue. Looks that after forums have been thrashed and then restored, certain plans have been postponed for considerable time.

An interesting idea! I'll definitely ask. Thanks.

5. Stayen er Metuar

@Laura_or_is_it, or whoever knows the right name - whom of admins shall I contact (in game?) to know whether the mentioned island copying is possible?

Thanks.

6. TroycarZ

TroycarZ Well-Known Member

sorry for the late reply

your tag kinda did not work.

But to answer your question Cypriotmerks is possibly your best option since noobcrew does not get involved much.

The best way to get in contact with him is skype: cypriotmerks69

7. Stayen er Metuar

Thanks, I'll try to contact him via Skype. Looks like he doesn't read conversations on this forum anyway.

8. Laura_or_is_it

Laura_or_is_it Experienced Member

He doesnt protect islands for people because if not thatll be the only thing he will be doing, sorry for incovenience and thankyou for your patience. Itll be sorted out soon they just need a developer to actually finish the new plugin to reprotect the islands.

9. Iamandrewj

Iamandrewj Active Member

Crew has a dev working on it currently. It will be here in a couple of weeks.

10. Stayen er Metuar

It's not patience. Actually, I do not consider Skyblock.net/org a place where administration does care about players. I am just watching whether this given case of mine is ever solved.

By this date it stays unhandled for at least 3 months and 2 weeks.

In any case, I am not given any option but to wait further.

Thanks for reassuring.

The previous "soon" (that was "a couple of weeks" too, by the way) started since end of December, 2013 and ended in smoke.

11. Laura_or_is_it

Laura_or_is_it Experienced Member

Sorry not everything can be perfect and can have exact dates, what we are dealing with is something that cannot be easily be solved. Well I am not going to ask from you to be more patient because I know you wont take it into consideration such as what me and the other mods/players have said.

12. Stayen er Metuar

No problem to wait more, however. What I strongly don't like is practice to ignore players' requests altogether.

We all know that handling errors is a hard task. I am a system administrator, I know that very well. But I would be extremely grateful to Skyblock.net/org crew if

- when requested, an answer be given instead of silence
    - when anything is finally fixed, postponed for certain reasons etc - please post a notice on that on forums

The above is the way to demonstrate that administration does take care of players. I am a donator, but that's not important, in general case.

Thanks.

13. Sean

Sean Senior Member

I know it may seem like you're being ignored and pushed aside, I just want to inform you that that's not the case. Noobcrew & Cypriot maintain 7+ servers by themselves, with multiple forums as well as a lot of behind the scenes work, that and they have a life they need to attend to.

14. KatoKillsMyGPA

KatoKillsMyGPA Active Member

Just to state something out of clarification when we do not give you a straight answer and "beat around the bush" we usually can not give that sort of information out, or do not have the full answer at that time and to give you an answer without having full knowledge of the situation, or even a time frame ourselves, would be wrong of us to insinuate at a given time frame.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  15. Stayen er Metuar

Looks like I can't explain that not the problem itself irritates, but the total lack of information about how it's being handled.

As I've said several times, I am a system administrator myself. I know that maintaining many servers/services is a time-consuming task. That's not the problem.

The problem is there's no feedback. There are minor issues that can be solved by in-game moderators and higher rank players. The issue we talk about is quite another: it prevents affected players from fully participating in game activity (since island can be raided/stripped/griefed by any guest visitor).

Such issues (of critical importance) should be somehow updated on main forums. It's a matter of 5 minutes to make a pinned (sticky) topic and post comments to it when there are updates.

Silence is NOT the answer in any case. Silence means ignoring player, demonstrating that his/her problems are not of importance at all.

See above: make a topic on technical forum about situation with re-applying protection. That's all required to keep players informed.

Thanks.

16. KatoKillsMyGPA

KatoKillsMyGPA Active Member

I think you took what I said in the wrong context. I wasn't trying to say that silence is the answer, but merely if a moderator doesn't have an answer to the question you are asking I believe that they themselves hold the right to respectfully decline your question and send you on your way. Not so much as them trying to ignore you, but rather a missing link in communication where that moderator doesn't know the correct answer to that question, per-say this one, no one can honestly give you a definite answer as to when the World Guard issue will be fixed, other than the ones who can fix it, being that admins. I just believe that moderators who don't know the answers to question shouldn't try to "wing" it and come up with an answer as that is how rumors are spread and false information becomes rampant throughout the server, thereby hurting the overall communication and rules that are already set in place, etc...

17. Stayen er Metuar

OK, a constructive type of question. Can someone contact developer(s) and kindly ask them to post a thread I mentioned?

Another solution could be to offer a way to let the affected user(s) to relocate their inventories/chests, re-create the island (OK, remove corresponding amount of dirt/sand from user's belongings, no problem) and relocate those back to new island.

I need a solution to the problem not equal to "wait for no one knows how long and perhaps it's fixed".

Thanks.

18. Stayen er Metuar

KatoKillsMyGPA Does anyone, by chance, knows anything about the development progress?

Two solutions will do:
    - the protection is restored as planned, or
    - someone helps me to transfer my items (from chests) onto another island, and I destroy this one

I am getting slightly tired to wait for no one knows what.

Thanks.

19. Magik

Magik Well-Known Member

IGN:
    MagikIsAMush
    Well I could help you for this if you wish.

20. Stayen er Metuar

It's quite a lot of chests to transfer. But yes, if it doesn't encumber you too much, that could help me a lot.