Initial vetting of staff applications before making them public

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions' started by KhalDrogo, Jan 23, 2023.

1. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo suggests a vetting process be undertaken by staff, of all staff applications prior to making them public.
    This would give applicants opportunity to address any of the “Essential Requirements” that they may not possess prior to any public feedback, such as 2FA, discord account etc.

It can be used to ensure applicants use the supplied template and answer honestly ALL pertinent questions in that template.
    All current applications should also be updated to include all questions in the template provided.
    It might not be clear to all applicants that there are “essential requirements “listed in TWO of the three ‘pinned’ threads in the application forum page. It might be good to list these all together.
    upload_2023-1-24_11-44-8.png

It would be an opportunity to rule out ineligible applications, out of the public eye, as some factors might only be known to staff.

Most importantly it would help to ensure that the well thought out process and requirements that are in place and made clear to all applicants are met.
    This would help ensure the fairness of the staff application process.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
  2. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    Thank you for the post, updated my application to ensure it listed ALL requirements including additional ones, this process could be a good process to make sure every app has every requirement listed, even mine didn't include everything.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  3. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Thanks Vorty. With the requirements split over two different posts, it’s understandable that you would miss some.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    While some applicants have answered all required questions. There are still some that have not.
    Drogo would hate to see them get their hopes up and spend weeks/months/years promoting themselves only to learn in the end that they were never eligible in the first place.

5. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Bumping this.
    It wouldn't be fair to applicants who continue to push for staff only to be turned down because they never met these requirements in the first place.
    It certainly wouldn't be fair to the players and other staff if applicants were made staff despite not meeting these requirements. This would make a bit of a mockery of the application process which Drogo is sure, everyone would want to avoid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Souly0622

Souly0622 Moderator Moderator

I am more than happy to discuss this privately, but this is not the place to do so. I acknowledged it was a mistake and I am not avoiding it by any means. This thread involves staff applications, so if you have nothing to contribute to Drogo’s suggestion please do not comment further of the on-going situation.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Cookie Cookie x 1