increase the hopper hopping rate

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by Bard, Jan 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    With the loss of pigzombie spawners, we might be ready buff things that were previously nerfed possibly due to the abuse of them in the first place.

Since theres been a HUGE cut in players using excessively large grinders to afk at, maybe we could up the hopper hop rate to 8 or 16. It would help with my tree farm for sure, and maybe other things players have going.

Thank you for looking at my suggestion and hopefully this gets put into effect.

• Support Support x 2
  2. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Hollywood's Bleeding

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    The servers is still having some lag issues so I don't think this would help, plus aren't things being move inside hoppers also based on the TPS?

3. milcerine

milcerine Well-Known Member

I haven't really been on for a couple days and therefore haven't been able to see how much the server performance has improved since the disabling of pigmen spawners. However, if this has improved the performance, I think this would be helpful. But, because I don't have first hand experience, I'll stay neutral on this for now.

4. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    yes, but only the interval of items being passed through are. Leeeroieeee has it set so that 2 items travel per interval. The default is like 32 or 64 or something crazy like that.

5. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Hollywood's Bleeding

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    Ohhh I see. With the current server performance I will say neutral, purely because I don't believe setting this higher would benefit the server. I would definitely support this if the server performance ever becomes more stable

6. EnderofBlueFire

EnderofBlueFire Member

IGN:
    EnderofBlueFire
    Full support!

I have a new auto restocking farm with some sorters and stuff but sometimes the hoppers are to slow to even catch the items and it just turns into a big mess.

Also I'm not trying to cause lag so most of my farms are powered by water streams with minimal hoppers

7. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Support

There are no more pigmen grinders and therefore it is safe to increase the hopper rate

8. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Support, perhaps on economy as well?

9. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Support! This will make hoppers more valuable and more worthy

10. Leeeroieee

Leeeroieee Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Leeeroieee