Economy Increase Cooked Meat Value

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Calidre, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    As of right now, crop hopper farms are the ultimate best way to make money on economy and are now even better than piston farms used to be. This caused the economy to shift significantly in what is high value and what is low. Something that took a huge hit were spawner prices. Pig spawners went from averaging 80k to 60k per in a matter of a few weeks and profit shops aren't as prevalent as they used to be. This is also especially an issue because of the significant drop in piston fires per chunk per 10 seconds

I suggest we increase the value of cooked meat at /warp shop slightly to help the value of spawner farms increase somewhat as I foresee profit shops being non existent or only pumpkin profit shops in the future, and spawners becoming basically useless eventually if they are kept in their current state. The amount of increase could be figured out if this were to be actually considered

Feel free to add your thoughts or feedback

• Support Support x 16
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • No Support No Support x 1
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  2. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

support they used to hate the spawner farms only because of the dropper towers which made alot of lag but the redstojne limit was added so like these spawner farms are now the best options fir low lag but rewards should be higher (also with the alt limit people are still chasing others who had 20+ accounts at pig grinders so this would help if they are not increasing alt limit)

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  3. arxh

arxh Well-Known Member

IGN:
    arxh__
    ya support %100 would hopefully reduce the 15 tps average o_O

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  4. otter360

otter360 Active Member

IGN:
    otter360
    Unsure, with an increase in cooked meat price more players would want to abuse this by making 2x2 island spawner farms. While this may seem insignificant towards contributing towards a lower tps it would stack up if players were to make multiple farms like this.

5. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    This would be true, although not everyone would have that many accounts to be able to do that, compared to pumpkin farms where only a singular island is required. Major farms no matter the kind will always be laggy, but I feel if spawners were the more popular farm to use, we would still see a difference in the affect on TPS

6. otter360

otter360 Active Member

IGN:
    otter360
    Perhaps, however increasing the price of cooked food will not change what has already been built. Players would most likely still use their massive pumpkin farms even if the profit is majorly cut back as a pose to tearing it down completely

7. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    This is where I would also suggest adding a drop to prices like Pumpkins, would start to encourage a shift in farm building from one to the other

8. otter360

otter360 Active Member

IGN:
    otter360
    The problem here is that some players will still use their pumpkin farms even if the profit is drastically decreased. Some money is still money and tearing down a giant farm that took hours to make would not appeal to many players

9. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    This would be true for some players, but if it becomes more valuable to sell the cooked meat then some would be ok tearing it down as setting up a spawner farm isn't very difficult and it also encourages new players to aim for spawners rather than pumpkin farms and major water flow to begin with. I see it as a step in the right direction rather than a permanent immediate fix

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. otter360

otter360 Active Member

IGN:
    otter360
    Agreed, support

• Cookie Cookie x 3
  11. Slybudda

Slybudda THE GOAT Premium

IGN:
    Slybudda
    Supporting this change for reasons stated above.

I may not be the most educated player on the functions behind TPS and its problems, but I like the idea of people valuing spawners over HUGE farms the size of a whole 200x200 space filled with sand and cactus that's for sure :]

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    Wanted to bump this

13. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    Support, maybe even switch the pumkin and porkchop selll prices

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mini

Mini gronola bar Premium

IGN:
    minified
    I definitely foresee there being major issues with this "fix" as people mentioned above chain islands. One thing that I would like to point out that might be a bit similar is keeping the warp shop price at $30.09, but also making it so that you can /sell it for the same price. This way would be much more efficient, and I get that using /warp shop is supposed to have that higher sell price perk, but the people making those lag farms aren't selling at /warp shop, they're doing /sell all, so yes it would make them richer, but it could also make the average player richer too and would increase the price of spawners again (they've taken quite a dip recently). Idk that's my ideas lemme know if you agree Calidre best of luck with the implementation but I'm neutral for now as this is a bit more of shifting the problem rather than fixing it.

15. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Re support because feasible daily income is only 5175705 and this is too low :( and that is not even using cooked meat!!

16. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    First point, the joint island problem wouldn't be a super huge as I'm pretty sure I stated earlier somewhere, as not many people would have that many accounts to begin with. Even if people were to use a joint island method for increased spawner capacity, there's still going to BE a capacity. With auto farms you can build as high as you'd like and as large as your island can hold. I view getting a 199x199 update the same as joint islands as you're increasing the ability to hold a larger farm on your island. For spawners, it will more likely cause a smaller dip in TPS because of combined spawner maximums compared to the already problematic farms as it is right now

Second point, then just increase cooked meat prices on /sell as well as /warp shop and decrease pumpkin prices at /warp shop as well as /sell. Same suggestion, but for both options. This suggestion isn't my way of suggesting how to completely fix the problem anyways, it's the direction I feel we should sway the economy to allow for keeping major profit as is with the help of solving current overloaded redstone farms as is. Spawners require little redstone and will always have a limit. If this were to to be pushed in this direction spawners would slowly increase in price but will always cap at whatever the shop is currently selling them for which is currently 100k. If that price were to need an increase it should be evaluated as time went on and judgment is able to be applied to whether or not the price is too low compared to the outcome of the farm

17. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    *UPDATE*

I have updated this suggestion to fit the current conditions of Economy but my suggestion to increase the prices of meats still stands. Suggestion has been updated and revamped with new reasoning as to why

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  18. The__Joker

The__Joker Member

IGN:
    The__Joker
    Support Cali.
    Hate the fact that spawners are now pointless.
    Would you agree that maybe horse/cow drops should be increased in a similar way?

19. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Support. I hate to see spawners lose their value

20. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    Animal drops in general should be but anything meat related should definitely be increase : D
    Same