Incorrect banning time

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by DullRampager, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DullRampager

DullRampager Member

Ello!

I understand why I was banned (staff impersonation), but I have checked out the rules, and I feel I was banned incorrectly.

The moderator who banned me also LIED and HARRASSED me, on top of the incorrect ban timing.

I was muted for supposedly "nick abusing", for which there is NOTHING in the rules about.
    "Sarge" said that he received a message from a player named "Budder2468" saying quote:
    "DullRampager is stealing and abusing my name" - Sarge
    This is a lie, as Budder2468 was with me at the time of my mute, I spoke through signs to him. He did NOT complain, he was fine with it.
    Sarge lied to give himself a reason to mute me since I made my name "Sargenta", which he said is too close to "Sarge", which I disagree.

Sarge harassed me on the day of the ban. Since he was still unhappy with "Sargenta", even after he said I could use the name, he proceeded to make his name: "DullRampagering". Another player in game also mocked me, I could not identify him.
    I proceeded to "get back" at sarge, making my name "SargeSarge".
    He gave me no warning, he pm'd me saying "you will be punished"
    I replied "In what way? A ban?"
    He said "yep"
    I changed my name back to "Sargenta" and pm'd him saying "changed it".
    Sarge replied quote " too late amigo".
    If anything, sarge "nick abused" me, and then proceeded to ban me for doing it. This is mod/admin power abuse and I would like this to be looked into.

I have also been banned for an incorrect amount of time. The rules says "mod impersonation results in a 3 day ban for FIRST TIME, 3-7 for later offences"
    I was banned for 5 days for my FIRST offence against mod impersonation. Sarge also handled it very unprofessionally. "too late amigo" was not enough of a warning.
    I wasn't even kicked as a warning.

Thanks, I am currently away so I may take some time to reply,
    DullRampager.

2. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

Please use the correct Ban Appeal format.
    1. Server name (.net / .org ):
    2. In-game name:
    3. Full exact Ban Message:
    4. Did you read the rules ?
    5. Why do YOU think you were banned?
    6. Was this an incorrect ban?
    7. Were you ever banned before on SkyBlock? If so, what for?
    8. Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    You have three days to fulfill this requirement. Failure to correct the format will result in the appeal being automatically denied.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  3. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

Tagging the banning moderator ~ Sarge

4. Sarge

Sarge Experienced Member

I would first off like to say, yes I made some mistakes, saying "too late amigo" is in appropriate but a Trial Moderator is a trial moderator and not a normal mod because they are learning . I would have not noticed your nick, Budder234560, If budder had not told me. You claim that your real name is Sargent and that your teachers call you Sargenta. Someone close to you told me that this wasn't the case. You have changed your nick to straight up Sarge multiple times in the past and I've warned you about this. The person who harnessed you was warned and punished just as you were.

Let's go to what you did wrong:
    You started by changing your nick to Budder234560, you claim that budder didn't complain but either way it doesn't justify your other offenses. So I kicked you.
    You then changed it to Sarge, then SargeSarge which is nick abuse and then arguably nick abuse to which I muted you for an hour. I tell you to keep your name something related to DullRampager.
    The second you get unmuted you change your name to SandyHookSurvivor which is offensive and rude. I told you to keep it DullRampager related. You completely ignore me and go off on changing it to Sargenta claiming that it'a your real nickname, I ask you to stop but you say it's my nickname! I've now been told that your real nickname isn't that. Either way, I banned you for 2 hours with the approval of another mod.
    I see you what I think to be the next day or 2 days later, right? And you're changing your nick to all sorts of things. I then unmaturaly change mine to DullRampagering (but hey, according to you, it's a 3 three letter difference). I quickly change mine back to Sarge then you change yours to the exact same thing, I needed to warn you multiple times before you change it at which point, I'm looking for ban times just to make sure I ban you for the appropriate time. I check with a full mod and they agree with me that 5 days is the Appropriate time. At the same time, I commit another mistake, saying "too late". But that's the end of it.

5. Sarge

Sarge Experienced Member

I will get the little evidence I have when I get home since originally it's a small offense but when repeated multiple times, the punishment increases.

6. DullRampager

DullRampager Member

Yes, I am not talking about the offences from before, but I was banned, clearly stating: "Mod impersonation".
    First offence mod impersonation is 3 days.
    Also, sorry if I may seem rude, but I recently spent 100USD, and I would actually like to use what I bought.
    Also "reaper" said I was quite: "whining like a little bit**" I believe. "Reaper" also says "he is not Sargent".
    I think you may have had some run ins with him, and I can assure you, he is lying. I could send you ID, but I do NOT want to give personal info out.
    I also did not change my name to "sarge" after you were "dullrampagering" I became "sargesarge". I did this because you did it to me. I feel I should NOT be banned for this, as I was being bullied and harassed from other players, yet they were not banned?
    Thanks, I am happy to serve 3 days, but I get back on Monday AEST, and would like to be able to play. Also it does not say ANYTHING about nick abuse on the rule list. Please highlight this.
    Thanks,
    DullRampager.

7. DullRampager

DullRampager Member

Also, Reaper stated the 3 letter thing.
    I just believe that Sargenta, being my real nickname, I should be able to have that in game, among you being "sarge".
    Sorry for any problems with this, I will change it from that if you don't want me to have it. I was being childish and offensive, and for that I am sorry.
    Thanks,
    DullRampager

8. Moonlight_Pixels

Moonlight_Pixels Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Moonlight_Pixels
    It would be nice if you filled out the format. This ban shouldn't have started being handled until the format was filled :)

But here's some lovely screenshots of you not only impersonating but encouraging people to change their nicks to sarge.
    Gyazo - ad658db3b2dcc4087ae36ec36f6af9dc.png
    Gyazo - d29d9befdcbd7cf60743de63e53b8090.png
    Gyazo - 9fb89e91a07bb6e8c933e2e738822282.png
    Gyazo - 399751856affce78cacab1461ed807f1.png
    Gyazo - 1fe845f5bdd375a442099ed132274cc8.png
    Gyazo - e38a7a05c7609373b01c4be3c7011ac4.png

After seeing the fact that you were banned previously for the same offence for a much shorter time, 5 days will suffice for a second ban. Or are you complaining your first ban of 2 hours was too short? :p You cannot say Sarge did not warn you enough times.

I do agree however he could have handled it a little more professionally instead of throwing the joke at you. I lectured him about that on the day of, but otherwise I see this ban as being fair.

Try and keep this appeal on topic and keep in mind this is a ban appeal and not a report. Mentioning donations will not affect your chances in any way but rather the opposite. You are not exempt from the rules because of a donor rank. :)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  9. DullRampager

DullRampager Member

Oh, I didn't mean that when I said my donor: in-game before I was banned, sarge asked me for when I bought my donor rank (no clue why).
    Also, nothing about nick abuse in the rules. I've said that 3 times. So why was I muted for it?
    Also, why haven't I received any actual "Warnings"? Not saying your in the wrong, but I'm just asking.

Thanks,
    DullRampager

10. DullRampager

DullRampager Member

1:
    Skyblock.net
    2:
    DullRampager
    3:
    Not at my computer, it was "mod impersonation"
    4:
    Yep, NOTHING about nick abuse in the rules.
    5:
    For "mod impersonation"
    6:
    I believe the time for it is incorrect, as in the rules it says 3 days.
    7:
    Yes, "Nick abuse", which is NOT in the rules.
    8:
    I believe the timing should be changed, the official rules say 3 day first time offence.

Thanks,
    DullRampager.

11. Moonlight_Pixels

Moonlight_Pixels Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Moonlight_Pixels
    This was more of a staff impersonation ban -> using nicks to staff impersonate hence nick abuse

Nick abuse isn't worthy of a ban usually as it's not that severe but staff impersonation using nicks falls under a different category. Pretending to be someone else without their permission is what nick abuse really is, and you're pretending to talk for them. Which means it can also fall under chat offenses. Nick abuse can be put under several different categories depending on who and what.

Weren't the kicks and mutes for the 3 days in a row warnings enough? You knew what you were doing was wrong, yet you continued to do it. That's why I dug up your infraction history to clarify that you were in fact warned multiple times.

I'm heading to bed now so I'll respond when I can, but this is still Sarge's to take over. I was just supplying the information/timeline of all the in-fractures.

12. DullRampager

DullRampager Member

Also:
    This is my first ban for this particular offence.

Thanks,
    DullRampager

13. DullRampager

DullRampager Member

Sorry for the bother!

Thanks for helping me understand.
    Good night!

Thanks,
    DullRampager.

14. Sarge

Sarge Experienced Member

Thank you Moonlight_Pixels .
    I believe we've got this cleared up. You're going to keep the intended ban time.

15. Sarge

Sarge Experienced Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.