Inactive islands

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by Armaganndon, Jul 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armaganndon

Armaganndon Well-Known Member

IGN:
    armaganndon
    I'm sure this idea has been brought up before, but still I'm making this thread. Inactive islands should be relocated, not removed. The days required for this to happen is up for debate but it would go to where the new islands are made, and the old spot is replaced for someone new and active. This was an old problem on /classic and is becoming one here. Having active neighbors is great, as long as they follow the rules. Having neighbors increases the liveliness off the server. This offers more unique experience for players and can also be used to connect islands and expand. Having neighbors that don't play is boring, kind of sad actually, seeing players who haven't been on for a few months, even years. I don't care how this process works, as long as at the end of the day we get active neighbors.

• Support Support x 5
    • No Support No Support x 2
  2. VonArnout

VonArnout Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VonArnout
    I fully support this, I'd love to have some active people next to my own island that would be great.

3. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    No support, I have a triple island, and I wouldn't want to go on a break and come back to see my islands be totally split up. That'd suck.

4. Armaganndon

IGN:
    armaganndon
    Well another idea is that you can submit a request to lee or someone who can handle it, if they find that the island is inactive and the people have no intent on playing (which those are the people im talking about) they can relocate the island. If a player has multiple islands connected or is on vacation or for whatever reason taking a break, they should bypass this. But if a player shows signs that they dont have any interest of playing, which is a LOT of people, yes, their island should be relocated. It's not hard to tell the diff between these two.

5. Armaganndon

IGN:
    armaganndon
    When you see a barely touched island and the owner / coop members have been offline for 1-2 months most of the time they aren't coming back. Don't get me wrong, sometimes they do, but the majority is that they don't.

6. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Ah, so are you specifically talking about starter islands? If so, support. I wouldn't like to see an island of a player who's spent lots of time on it be separated from something else they were working on.

7. Armaganndon

IGN:
    armaganndon
    What do you mean "separated" I'm not specifically talking about starter islands, and I don't mean deleting them, only relocating.

8. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    So let's say you paid a lot of items to get a double island, and then one was moved before the other, they'd be split up.

9. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    Neutral. I like the idea, but I also hate the idea.
    Agreeing with Laini, but also not agreeing with her -.-

10. Armaganndon

IGN:
    armaganndon
    And what i'm saying is if you know you're going to be inactive for a while for whatever reason you can tell an appropriate staff member and they will deal with it. Im leaning more towards a manual system. An automated one could be problematic

11. Wonkie

Wonkie Experienced Member

IGN:
    wonkiedonkie
    If it were for islands with like a block count of less than lets say 150 then that would be good, it would get rid of the underdeveloped islands with owners that haven't been on in ages which could clean up space. I'd say people who haven't been on in 6 months-1 year (a time that would say that the person won't be coming back on anytime soon)

Tentative support, I'd like to see others opinions.

12. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Same no support I have a double island and I’m not on for now and I don’t plan to for a few months and it would ruin my islands and I like my neighbors

13. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support especially for inactive new islands. I had a 6 island chain with Nightflaime and then he had one of his alts coop in some island next to skyshop and I ended up having 2 islands with some inactive neighbour splitting us but now thanks god Purplevillager1 was my neighbour and so is my alt. I have like 2-3 inactive neighbours around me and that is really annoying so having the opportunity to remove their island if they dont come in a few months and replacing it with some new active neighbours would really mean alot to me.

14. Armaganndon

IGN:
    armaganndon
    Like ive stated before, if you know you're going to be away for a while you could tell a staff member

15. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    or just leave it in ur island motd

16. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    No Support, I want to keep Toro's Island to stay in his location

17. VonArnout

VonArnout Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VonArnout
    All of my neighbors around me are inactive. I'd love to see somebody active right next to me, perhaps we can make it a way of putting in a request for renewal of the islands around us

18. Alcala09PlaysMC

Alcala09PlaysMC Active Member

IGN:
    Alcala09
    Hmm, This seems better than what I posted of what would happen to inactive islands. I'd rather be close to active islands than not active.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.