Resolved Inability For Users to Message Me

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by 0002498, May 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0002498

0002498 Active Member

An unfortunate side effect of my account getting hacked and me having to purchase a new Minecraft account was that even though they changed my username, since they never rejoined .org, whenever someone attempts to message me it defaults to that user and displays a generic text starting with "0002498 has not been seen in XX days." I know the old account is under the username ComandLine, and as no one can message me, it undoubtedly has affected my gameplay thus far. If there is anything you guys can do to fix this it would be greatly appreciated, as I would like to retain my in-game username without having this message error occur. I can explain more of this issue if need be, and if you have any questions please feel free to let me know.

2. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    Hi!
    It’s great to have you back :D

Have you tried setting a nickname and seeing if people can message that?
    If fails, I’m sure there is something we can do to help or you could change your username. I know it’s a pain but I can’t think of anything else.

Let me know if you are struggling still and I will be more than happy to test message you if needed :D

3. 0002498

0002498 Active Member

Hi Megan,

Thanks for the quick reply, I tried that night as well and as far as I know people were still unable to message me, I think it’s because the username is the same but the UUID’s are different and it won’t ever update the previous username until the former account logs in. I can’t really think of a way to force update the former account either. I can try and do more research on the topic and see what I can uncover.

4. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    Thank you for your thread on a recent query! It seems like it has now been resolved.
    This thread has been locked moved to Help Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.