Withdrawn I'm back! - LemonLemon's Helper Application (Formerly iLoveTheNoobs)

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by HardyLemon, Feb 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HardyLemon

HardyLemon Well-Known Member

Hello everyone!

It's unbelievable to see how much time has passed since joining this community in 2015. I was 12 years old when I decided to check out Mineverse and Skyblock for the first time. Now, I'm a full-fledged 7-year-long member. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Chris. I was formerly known as "iLoveTheNoobs", however, after years, something a little more mature was definitely needed. My current in-game username is now "LemonLemon" as I'm an avid fan of Lyrical Lemonade.

I was formerly signed with Sony Music Entertainment's REDMusic Label for digital marketing and live event coverage (amongst other things), and now run a music festival of my own. You may be asking "Okay, so he is doing this stuff, why would he want to become a helper?" This is a fair question, and luckily I have the answer. My work with festivals and artist relations is extremely stressful. I've pushed away from this for the past few months to focus on my grades in college as well as my financial standing. Now, I'm looking to become a part of a community that can and will continue to grow under the leadership of a great team.

Years ago, I would've decorated my application with tons of colorful fonts, font sizes, and all of that fun jazz. However, I think letting my application speak for itself will (hopefully) create enough of an impact!

Your in-game and discord tag:
    LemonLemon / LemonLemon#0044

What time zone are you in?
    Eastern Standard Timezone

Can you speak any additional languages?
    I've been educating myself on Hindi even though I have no connection to India, haha.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?
    Yes.

How long can you be active on our platforms everyday?
    2-4 hours Monday-Thursday
    1-1.5 hours Friday-Sunday

When did you first join Skyblock?
    Seven years ago!

Have you ever been banned on any platform?
    Nope.

Do you have any past moderation experience?
    I used to own a couple of servers a few years ago, but more importantly, I own a company now which has taught me the core structure of leadership and teamwork.

Why do you think you should become a staff member?
    I believe I should become a helper on Skyblock to continue to improve upon the great legacy that this server (and network if you include Mineverse) has established. I've played on both of these servers my entire childhood, and I'd love to come back and help in any way that I can. I truly believe that I am the best candidate for the job as my experience in the realm of Minecraft, as well as business, is superb. As a matter of fact, I am an undergraduate at one of the top business schools in the country.

Do you meet the requirements for staff?
    Yes, I absolutely do!

Thank you for your time,
    Chris (LemonLemon)

Learn more about me here: @ chrisyangello on Instagram.​

• No Support No Support x 5
    • Support Support x 1
  2. Sky

Sky Active Member Premium

IGN:
    SkyGuyGamerz
    Hello, it's nice to see that you are applying! However, you do say that you meet the requirements for staff and one of those requirements is to have 2-Factor-Authentication enabled and it does not seem like you do. If you could please enable it within the next few days here you can keep your staff application open, otherwise, we will have to deny it. Thank you again for taking the time to read this reply and good luck with your app!

3. HardyLemon

Hey there, Sky! I apologize for the confusion. It appears as though I had to do it again, maybe because it's been so long? Anyways, it's completed!

4. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    First of all, I've never even seen you in my life and after logging on and checking you joined the server basically 1 hour ago:
    2022-02-16_16.46.48.png
    2022-02-16_16.46.54.png

How do you expect to apply for a server you practically know nothing about? It's changed a LOT in the last 7 years considering that's when you were last playing. You have to actually learn about the server before you try to become a staff member. It's not just something you can jump right into with no experience or knowledge

Not only that, but immediately after I rated this app No Support, you went and rated mine No Support for no inherent reason other than because I did it to your application. That's just petty and definitely not a good trait to have when applying for a moderator position, which further proves my stance for no supporting this application noob.PNG

And why include your Instagram? That has nothing to do with the server nor your application

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  5. HardyLemon

Calidre,

Let's start with the bare minimum of your comments- My Instagram? It allows people to get a real-life glimpse of who I am instead of sitting anonymously behind a computer screen like yourself.

Secondly, look a little harder. I changed my username from iLoveTheNoobs to LemonLemon. I still have footage of me playing on the server years upon years ago.

Third, after reading through your application, I don't support it. To clarify, you click "no support" if you don't support an application, and as aforementioned, I don't support yours.

Lastly, as for experience in knowledge, let me know where I can send you my resume and I'd be happy to show you my qualifying credentials.

Thanks!
    -Lemon

Edit: Whether I receive this position or not, it won't change the nostalgia and love I have for this server! I have a lot going on, so if server management is looking for someone who can dedicate more time, then no worries!

6. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    This is a staff application, not a job resume. You don't have to brag about all your achievements outside of Skyblock, the only things that properly matter to most people is your dedication and willingness to help people out.

I agree with Calidre here, never in my past 3 active years or so have I seen you online - let alone helping people out.

The management team usually don't take on extremely busy people, which due to all your outside commitments (festivals, college, etc, etc) I'd assume you are.

???

What does your resume have to do with this? This is a Minecraft server not a paying workplace, let alone you'd be doxxing yourself by giving out personal information. All round stupid move. Please don't do this.

A player's application doesn't matter as much as how they show themselves in-game or on other platforms, which I've not seen you on before. I'd highly suggest not rating someone on their application alone - it's quite insulting to many people who try their best in-game.

Not going to leave a status on your application, as I don't know how you apply yourself in game.

Good luck.

7. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Hi lovely! Nice seeing you applying! Unfortunately I’ll be no supporting you.

Cal has made very good points in terms of your in-game activity. As I’m not active in-game, his reply can show me that you are not as active in-game and have recently rejoined. It’s important for you to be able to adapt and understand the new atmosphere and new changes made. This allows you to better understand what are the rights and wrongs, to become more familiar with the community and to be well recognized.

As for Discord, I don’t think I’ve seen you at all talk to anyone or help out in help channels. Having conversation and being active is very important when being an applicant as it allows you to build connections and let’s you get new perspectives on things in my opinion.

I’ve also not seen you on Forums until now so try to bump your activity here as well.

Good luck and I hope to see some major changes in your activity!

8. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    No support, it seems like you haven’t been active on forums or ingame at all. You don’t have a single message in the discord at all. It truly looks like you revisited forums and ingame and your first action was applying. I think you need to play a bit longer and get familiar with the community. A lot has changed, and just a few hours isn’t enough to learn it all.

9. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    I'd also like to make this quick point! You are free to use ratings such as dislike and disagree but it shows that you are not open to constructive criticism which is something you will be expecting in your application. I think it would be better if you accepted the feedback and do your best on working on it. It’s not to put you down but to help you improve on things the community thinks you may be missing! Good luck once again. :heartface:

10. MorayEel

MorayEel Active Member Premium

IGN:
    MorayEel
    I've seen you in-game about as many times as the server's admin, justmatt. (Zero times.)

Support! I don't see how you're any less qualified!

11. Beens

Beens Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BeensMC
    When I think of LemonLemon as a person and a potential staff member, absolutely nothing comes to mind because you have never played, at least not in this decade. Good luck though!

12. Sky

Sky Active Member Premium

IGN:
    SkyGuyGamerz
    Application withdrawn at the applicant's request.
    If you would like to reopen your thread, please report this post within the next 90 days, otherwise you will have to create a new application if you wish to be considered!
    This thread has been moved to Withdrawn/Inactive Applications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.