How to upload photos/screenshots to forums

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by ~Pyknic, Jan 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Pyknic

~Pyknic Well-Known Member

I know that when I first started this was a big deal. I would find out someone scammed me get a photo but have no way of sending it to a moderator in-game or even on the forums. So, I am making this thread to hopefully help this of you new people post those awesome pictures, send proof to moderators, or even find a picture to use in your signature.

Throughout this "how to" there will only be 4 simple steps to follow.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Step #1: Go to either one of these websites:

TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
    Gyazo - Welcome to Gyazo: The Easiest Way to Capture Your Screen

Both os these links work on mac and PC. Although, I would recommend using tiny pic if you already have a photo and just need a url to upload it. Gyazo is more of a tedious process. Therefore, this "how to" will mainly be about tiny pic.

Step #2:
    Find a photo to upload

Either use the link below, google a gif/photo to use, or find a screenshot.
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Step #3:
    Getting the URL

Once you are at a website (preferably tiny pic) you will see something that looks like this:

Ignore the ads and the "email" at the top we are only focused on the items in the red box.

Once here you will simply want to select a file for it to upload, for example:

This can be done by dragging and dropping the photo into this category or by clicking "choose file" and then selecting your photo.

After that you simply click "upload now!" It will load for a second (possibly come up with an ad, just watch the video and type in the code provided) then it will give you multiple options as seen below:

Yet again, we are only focused on the link in the red box.

By copying this link you now have the power to share it on forums or in-game.

Step #4:
    Sharing

Either message this link to a moderator in-game (using /msg) or follow the directions below to upload your photo to the forums.

Once at the forums and at your "chat page" (where you can type) you will see a bar at the top that looks like this:

The button in red is what you are going to click in order to upload your photo to your thread, conversation, or signature etc. This button will reveal a small box in the middle of your screen where you will take the link you copied and paste:

After this hit "insert" and you are done. :p

Also a little added step in order for you to be able to know what to do with your photo. If a moderator asks for your picture as "proof" then send them the link in-game OR start a conversation (click to start a conversation) with them and send the photo to them through there, following the same steps as above.

Please feel free to comment below with any questions or start a conversation with me if you need help.

~Pyknic

P.S. Please keep in mind hat this thread is for new players and people new to the forums. It is clear that this may be easy to do (for you) but we'd rather have it as a reference point for new players. Also, keep in mind that there is no "how to" thread for this to be put so it is best if it stays in the off topic zone where moderators can copy and paste the link to it and help those new players. Also, if CypriotMerks sees this hopefully he can pin it as informative. :D

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  2. Cal

Cal Active Member

Hey! How about you move this to Guides section

3. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

Thread moved to the correct section.

4. Cal

Cal Active Member

GG

5. ~Pyknic

Thanks Mai :D

6. Chiyami

Chiyami Experienced Member

how do people make those red boxes omg i have to like put them through a art app and then draw on them

7. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    Nice guide :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. ~Pyknic

Haha should I make a guide for that? Its a simple mac command most people wouldn't benefit form it...

9. Chiyami

what it's a mac command? ._. i had no clue

10. sophia

sophia Experienced Member

IGN:
    sophistic4ted
    Gyazo:
    1) Click on Gyazo to open it up. I'd suggest you keep it on your Taskbar as it's easier and you're able to just get it without having to minimize your window.

2) Select the area you want to be screenshotted.

3) Once you've taken the picture, the Gyazo window should come up like this:
    [​IMG]

4) Right click the image that you've screenshotted, then click 'Open Image in new tab' - This should then open up a new tab with only the image in it, not the Gyazo page.
    [​IMG]

5) Then copy the link that is given.
    [​IMG]
    6) Then, go to the forums and click on this button: (Using Pyk's image cause I'm lazy asf.)
    [​IMG]

7) Paste the link into the space provided, and your image should come up.
    [​IMG]

Note: When you install Gyazo, it will install the screenshotter and another one called Gyazo Gif, same process, but you're able to take gifs, just like the ones I've used.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Chiyami

you don't need to open it in a new tab.

12. sophia

sophia Experienced Member

IGN:
    sophistic4ted
    [​IMG]
    If you don't, it comes up as a broken image ^

13. ~Pyknic

When you click the picture on your desktop on a mac you simply go to the tool box at the top and then over to the drop down menu for boxes and your done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.