Forums How to up your post-count in a proper fashion.

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by Bard, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Hello my Skyblock people, this is a guide to help you get your post count up in the most proper way.

What is post farming?
    Post farming is posting unnecessary replies to other replies or threads. It generally comes across as very spammy is never subtle.

Why should I care?
    Normally if you're post farming, 99% of the time its to reach the 50 post count requirement to apply for staff. For one, being a good candidate for staff isn't easy and you have to be devoted. Giving low-effort replies to threads and others' replies shows the opposite. Also it's against the forums rules.

How can I turn post my threads and replies into something more qualitative?
    A good thing to remember is to elaborate on what you're talking about. That way, you'd be forcing yourself to actually think about your comment and genuinely contribute into whatever it is you're going to comment/post about.

Another great tip is that if you're replying to more than one comment at once, regardless of how many people are involved, group replies up into one giant reply by highlighting the text and hitting the "reply" bubble that comes up. That way you can answer or reply to multiple references with the same answer without the spam.

Where are good places to post or reply to threads?
    The off-topic threads do not count towards your post count so it really wouldn't matter if you posted threads or replies more often than anything else there, but I recommend you try to still not come across as spammy for the sake of other players' mental stability.

My first place to go to get my fingers warmed up are the suggestion sub-forums. I personally check them almost every day to see what other players would like to see come to Skyblock. When I reply, I follow a simple personal format. First, I generally state my stance, why, how it affects me, how it would affect others, benefits, and downsides. Not in that specific order but kinda like a pattern like that. That way, as I mentioned earlier, you're fully participating rather than just saying "support because this is good" just to rack up that post count.

If you play in-game a lot, you should definitely check out the staff applications too as there are a number of great candidates applying at the moment. Always be brutally honest, and go deep into analysis of the player. Though not exactly post farming by simply stating support or no support, it looks better on your end to be giving feedback to a candidate to improve and/or reflect upon.

The discussion category is a great place to talk about the server itself and things that go on in it. Simply putting out an advertisement for maybe that you're doing upgrades and such is perfectly fine there. As simple server-talk goes on there, full blown essays aren't exactly favored over short and lovely posts.

How often should I post vs. reply?
    There really isn't a set limit, but it seems that the unwritten rules sort of signify that its frowned upon to make 3 threads in the same sub-thread in rapid succession. Replies however are fine as long as they have some sort of effort into them.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I hope this thread helps and clears up some possible confusion about post count. If you learned anything from this, then I've accomplished something. I wish you all a Merry Christmas once again at the time of posting this. Thank you for your time in reading this.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  2. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support, this is good!

Hehe. Nice guide to be honest and its detailed which is also good for people who post counts especially to meet the requirements so they can apply without getting their application denied. Excellent work on the guide! : D

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Rickrolll

Rickrolll Active Member

IGN:
    Rickrolll
    Wow, this effort is very well done, congrats. now I 100% know what post farming is, something maybe like this : 'thanks' Saying that over and over again,

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Hireath (Astro)

Hireath (Astro) Well-Known Member

Nice thread, btw bard I think you might have missed clicked you rated Bert's reply rude ;/

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. EItan

EItan Member

IGN:
    Eitan3128
    LOL
    Nice Thread Good Job :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Thanks for this guide! There are many players so eager to hit the 50 post mark to apply for staff, and this guide will help them do it properly :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    he knows i'm kidding 3>

8. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Nice Guide, I've seen post farmers rarely, maybe this guide will help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    This is a quick and simple guide but it's really well written and I hope it will help clarify the rules around posting to the forum's newer players. I also like how you have included things that aren't necessarily in the rules but are good to look out for - well done! :>

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    Thanks bard

• Funny Funny x 1