How to succeed in Skyblock

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by YourLittleNeko, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YourLittleNeko

YourLittleNeko Active Member

How to Become Successful in Skyblock
    by: YourLittleNeko (Yaoi)
    1. Introduction
    What is skyblock? Skyblock is a custom map made by Noobcrew himself, and rapidly gained popularity because of its simplicity yet nicely known survival map. The two servers, skyblock.net and skyblock.org, are both owned by Noobcrew.
    How do I play? When you join either servers in your minecraft multiplayer, you can simply use the command /newisland to start your own island. If you want to join someone else's island, you can ask them to type /coop invite (Minecraft Username) and you have to type /coop accept command. If you want to invite friends to your island, use the same /coop invite (Minecraft Username) command and they type the /coop accept command.
    2. Beginner Skyblockers Information
    Now that you've made your own island, or joined another person's island, what do you do?
    A typical new skyblock in the server contains 77 dirt blocks (with 26 blocks counted as grass), three sand blocks, a tree made up of [Insert amount of leaves] and 6 pieces of wood and a chest. The chest will include the following items:
    - Lava bucket
    - 2 Ice blocks
    - Sugar cane
    - Watermelon
    - Pumpkin seed
    - Bone
    - 12 string
    - Cactus
    - Brown and Red Musroom
    What do I do first though?
    Create a cobblestone generator. A cobblestone generator is used by putting lava and water close to eachother so it's flow can create cobblestone. Cobblestone is the drive to create a beginner's skyblock island. To make a very simple cobblestone generator...
    [​IMG]
    1.) Make a 1x4 rectangle hole, and have one of the two center blocks be 2 blocks deep, while the other three blocks are 1 block deep
    2.)Place an ice block on the end where you made your 2 block deep hole.
    3.) Break the ice block
    4.) Get the lava bucket out of the chest, then place the lava on the other end of your 1x4 hole.
    5.) Let Minecraft nature handle the rest, and voila! You've got yourself a working cobblestone generator!
    I know that there's many designs to support multiplayer skyblockers or advanced generators, but we'll be going to the bare basics and with only one person on the island.
    Ok so I've got my cobblestone generator ready, but what do I do with it? Cobblestone can be simply mined by making a Wooden Pickaxe (or better) to start out with. Simply get into position and start mining the cobblestone out. Watch as the cobblestone starts to create itself after mining it out. This will be your main source of building material.​
    I need more wood though, what do I do? Take out all of the wood from the tree to make room for the tree. It's suggested to build a cobblestone platform in order to catch all of the saplings to decay.​
    [​IMG] Then start breaking off the leaves, saplings (and if your lucky, apples) will start dropping out of the tree. Replant the sapling at the same place and wait for the tree to grow again. Well what happens if I didn't get any saplings? Well you can use the /kit sapling in order to get a free sapling :).​
    Wow, my hunger bar is going down, what do I do? Well I'll tell you what not to do, eating the melon. The melon does refill your hunger, but it's better to be paitent and use it to regrow into more melons.​
    How do I make an infinite water source?
    [​IMG]
    1.) Create a 2x2 hole with it being one block deep.​
    2.) Grab an ice block and put it on one of the corners of the 2x2 area.​
    3.) Grab the empty bucket that you have, take the other water source block.(Warning: Don't mine the cobblestone when you are doing this, until you replace the water source back)
    4.) Put the water bucket into the opposite end of the placed ice cube in the 2x2 area.​
    5.) Break the ice cube, and let nature handle the rest. Voila! You got yourself an infinite water source​
    6*.) Collect a water block from the infinite water source, and put it into the same spot where you had the water source for the cobblestone generator​
    How should I make more food for myself?
    [​IMG]
    1.) Put the melon into the GUI Crafting Table to get a melon seed. (Insert Image)​
    2.) Make yourself a wooden hoe. (Insert Image)​
    3.) Grab two pieces of dirt somewhere, or just "till" one piece of land and place the melon seed onto the tilled land, and wait for it to grow..​
    4*.) If you're not paitent enough, take the bone into the inventory, and craft it into bonemeal (Insert Image)​
    5*.) Use the bonemeal onto the planted melon seed for an immediate grow of the melon stem​
    More information will be added later, just need more time.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Toadhall1313

Toadhall1313 Member

Very handy but this seems awfully like one ive seen on the internet anyways Great help!

3. xita4

xita4 Experienced Member

What is your texture pack? I like the pink trees :p

4. DinosGoMoo

DinosGoMoo Member

Painterly pack has sakura trees.

5. NotoriousShark

NotoriousShark Active Member

6. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    This is just like every other guide out there and it doesn't make you successful at skyblock.

7. YourLittleNeko

YourLittleNeko Active Member

Requesting a takedown, I don't know why is this here now -__-

8. NotoriousShark

NotoriousShark Active Member

lo

9. CJ_Plays_Games

CJ_Plays_Games Well-Known Member

You could keep it and change the title to "A beginners guide to Skyblock".
    If you decide to keep it, change some of the info to more updated.
    /Kit sapplings doesn't work now, and use /warp animal instead of the watermelon :heart:
    I think this could be useful for those just starting off in game.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.