Skyblock How To: Skyblock Edition

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by Dinglesplat, May 12, 2020.

1. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    Creating your island:
    Right when you join, you have the option to create an island. By typing "/is", you will have the option to select an island that you want to create. If you are new, then you will want to select the default island. By clicking it, your island will be generated, and you will be teleported to it. If you are not teleported to is, type "/is" and it will take you home.

Preparing:
    Now that you have your island, immediately go towards the tree, and mine it. Mine the logs, then type "/kit sapling" and replant the tree. Use the wood you made to craft a pickaxe. Now, you are ready to make a cobblestone generator. To make it, you will have to dig out a hole in this EXACT measurement: (sorry this isnt working correctly right now ill fix it)
    | - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - |
    |___ - - - -________|
    - - - -|- - - |
    - - - -|___|
    Place one of your ice blocks on the left side, and mine it. Place your lava bucket on the right side, and BOOM! You have a cobble gen.

Grinding and Expanding:
    Basically, you are going to be mining the cobble and your tree over and over, until you have about 4 stacks of cobble, and 20 logs. Once you have done this, put everything in your chest, take down your cobble gen and mine the top 2 layers of the dirt. You will mine the last one later. Now, put all of the dirt in your chest, grab the cobble, and expand your island. Place almost all of the cobble, until your island is about 3 stacks of cobble large. Make a chest, a crafting table, and maybe even a tiny house. You can now reconstruct the cobble gen out of cobblestone, by making a 6 wide, 3 thick and 2 tall block of cobble stone, and mining out the same hole, doing the same things stated in the earlier section.

Making farms:
    Now that your island is large, you can continue to mine cobble and your trees, but it is time to start preparing to earn grass. Place the dirt you have in a grid, with every dirt being 5 blocks away from each other. Plant saplings on them, and mine them with a stone axe. If you want it to be faster, ask someone to enchant your stone axe. You now have a tree farm :D! If you mine 3 stacks of wood, you can do "/visit haberson" and sell him your wood, in exchange for a grass block. Whats this? Its the currency of the skyblock survival server. Put it in a chest, and keep it safe. You can also make other farms, like mob grinders, but remember, the best mob grinders have spawners. Ones without it will not perform nearly as well as they would on a survival world. Yes, mob grinders are not the best farms. Now that you have a few farms, a source of income, you are ready to start earning grass. There is a tutorial here Skyblock - Earning Grass | Skyblock Forums

Frequently Asked Questions
    How do I get grass?
    (Type /vote and vote to get 3 grass a day)
    I didn't get saplings from my starter tree. (Type /kit sapling)
    How do I make a shop chest? (Type /visit dinglesplat_alt or /warp info)
    How do I get iron? (It is rarely found in cobble gens, but its easier to buy it at /visit snapbuy)
    How do I get a cobble gen? (Read my description in this guide, or do /warp info)

Tips:
    Don't spam in chat.
    If you die and lose your dirt and bucket, do /lnf

YOU CANNOT BUY, TRADE, OR SELL DIRT AND BUCKETS.
    Those items are illegal to trade, buy, or sell. Attempting to do so will result in a ban.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  2. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Great job :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  3. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Niceeeee. And if anyone wants some items like a dia pick and cobblestone hmu in game when u see me on ;)

4. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    good job ding! I might refer some players to this guide if it's ok? :>

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    Sure! That is the goal!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Well, I see you've created a Skyblock Edition. That's really good! Now we can share our threads in-game! :D

• Agree Agree x 1