Forums How to Make a Good Guide

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by boba, Jan 21, 2021.

1. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    [​IMG]
    Have some good information? Want to let your knowledge expand? Have a great idea for a guide? That's great but how should you properly create a guide? I have some tricks I use in my guides! Here's what I like to do:

Section Banners: As you see, I have a banner at the start of my thread which is a great way to create attraction and organization. Not only does it make your thread look nice but it adds detail and information.

Here's a way to make one:

Now that you've created a banner template, be creative and use many of the templates provided and explore on the different tools! If you have a software you use, feel free to use that. I prefer Canva as it has many free templates, designs, images, elements and fonts!
    These banners are not mandatory but can be easy to localize sections on a thread and can give your guide a nice look!

Collect your Information: Get all the information needed when making your guide. If you're making a guide for in-game commands, find all the commands available! Explain what each command do and if any perks are needed. If you're making a guide on Forums about how to change certain things, explain how to do it. Every guide is a how-to. You need to provide information and try not to add too much extra information. Go straight to the point!

[​IMG]

In the red box, we can see that each command listed has a sentence letting the player know what each warp does. This is great because we're not only learning about this new command but also what it's function is.

In the green box, we see important information and the commands are bolded to make them pop. This is also another great thing as you're informing others about something important and bolding specific information makes it looks important and should may be noted.

Formatting: This is the most important thing in a guide! You have to format your information clearly. If you don't format your guide well, it's going to look like a bunch of information scattered around. Here's a tiny guide you should follow.

Extra Tip: If you use images, describe what the image represents, give credit if taken off another member and/or elaborate on the image.

Use Imgur to upload images as they most likely won't be broken!

These few tips are really helpful in making a guide. Hope this helps guide makers or new guide makers. Thank you! :heart:

(I didn't use section banners as it would've taken me some time and I have some things to do after making this lol)

• Like Like x 3
    • Amazing Amazing x 1
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  2. Devil

Devil stinky Discord Moderator

IGN:
    hellevator
    A guide for a guide, i love this xD
    Thanks tho it probably took you a while to write all of this

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    ;)
    Haha, thank you so much! It took some time but the screenshots and gif took more time and to organize the formatting. I hope you like it!

4. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

this is supa cute lmaooooo :heart:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    LMAO TY

6. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN: