Skyblock How To Download The Skyblock Map (Updated)

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by Pancake, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    This is an updated version of the "How to Download the Skyblock Map" formally posted by Craney back in 2016! In this thread I will provide a detailed step by step tutorial on how to download the Skyblock map onto your own personal single player world!

How To Properly Download The Skyblock Map
    Below is a step by step tutorial on how you can download the map for yourself!

Step 1: Navigate to the downloads section on the forums, this can be found here, or click the section "Downloads" in the top of the forums
    [​IMG]

Step 2: Once you are on this page, make the selection of which map you would like by clicking on the hyperlinked download, the versions can be found below
    V1.0 - Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock
    V1.1 - Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock
    V2.0 - Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock
    V2.1 - Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock
    ---
    You can also select the hardcore versions of these maps which can be found below the normal map downloads, selecting these maps will make the world a hardcore single player map (if you die, you can no longer play on the world, you can only spectate it)
    [​IMG]

Step 3: Once you have selected and clicked on your preferred version, you will be taken to the download page. Simply left-click the hyperlink and the map should be automatically downloaded to your device.
    [​IMG]

Step 4: Once you have downloaded the folder onto your computer, navigate to it's location, most commonly will be found in your "Downloads" file on your device. Leave this folder open! You will be needing to use it for later steps
    [​IMG]

Step 5: Once you have found it's location, search "Run" or press Win + R in your windows search bar, open the program.
    [​IMG]

*For MacOS - Instead of pressing Win + R to open Run, you will press ⌘ Command + Spacebar to open Spotlight and enter you can simply skip the next few steps by entering "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft"*

Step 6: Once you have the program "Run" open, type in "%appdata%" into the search bar and press OK (Pillow did also confirm you can just search %appdata% in your search bar!)
    [​IMG]

Step 7: You will be redirected to a folder named "Roaming" once you are here, search through the folder for another folder named ".minecraft", open that folder.
    [​IMG]

*For MacOS - You will be taken to the "Application support" folder, this is basically the equivalent to the "Roaming" folder*

Step 8: Once you are in this .minecraft folder, navigate to the folder named "saves" and open it
    [​IMG]

Step 9: After you have both the Downloads and the saves folder open, drag the zipped folder with the map we downloaded earlier and drop it into your "saves" folder.
    [​IMG]

Step 10: Once you have the map folder in your saves folder, you want to right-click the map folder (you may need to select it by left clicking it once) and click "Extract All".
    [​IMG]

Step 11: You will be taken to another page that asks you to select a extraction destination, simply press "Extract" and the file should automatically be extracted into your saves folder.
    [​IMG]

Step 12: Press extract and let the magic happen. The file will be extracted into your saves folder and you can now close your saves and download folder if you already haven't.

Step 13: Open up your minecraft using your version of choice and direct yourself to the singleplayer mode. Once there if you followed the steps correctly, your map should be waiting there for you!
    [​IMG]

Step 14: Enjoy! You are now free to play your very own single player skyblock map!

Extra Step: If you have followed all the steps and are still not able to see the world on minecraft, you may need to open the unzipped (extracted) folder in the saves folder, drag the folder named something the same as your version folder (Something like "Skyblock-1.0) and move it into your saves folder alone.

Note: Some of these steps are not 100% necessary and can be skipped or done differently but this is one of the easiest way to do it in my opinion!

As this is a lot of steps to take in, if you are not sure on what to do at a certain point in time, feel free to ask me or the community any questions! I'm more than happy to help where I can! Let me know if I've missed anything or if there is anything you believe I should add! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  2. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Thanks for the guide! Just checked and you don't need to use run [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2