How Skyblock's Spawn SHOULD look like.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Arceus, Mar 26, 2020 at 9:09 AM.

?

Should the spawn look like this?

1. Yes, It's an amazing spawn, It brings back memories, even though it's a better version of it.

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. I don't know, both of them are amazing & unique.

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. No, I'm sorry but the spawn right now seems more better than the fan-made one.

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Arceus

Arceus Experienced Member

IGN:
    Arceuz
    Hello Skyblockians, There has been a project I have been working for a very long time.

This project was fan-made and had nostalgia & things that spawn had.

This project is a Better Version of the Old Spawn 2013-2016.

That's right, I made a fan-made spawn for this server for weeks.

Here's a link to the Fan-made spawn map:
    A better version of the Old Spawn 2013-2016. Minecraft Map

If you download the map you might ask some questions, but let me fix that.

Where would /warp grass, /warp islands, and /warp crates be?
    /warp grass will be in a cave behind where you spawn, /warp islands will be facing north were you see a skyblock island logo on the wall, for /warp crates, It would be east when you spawn in the center.

What's with the top 5 spots when you go western cave?
    The top 5 spots means the top 5 islands with the most levels in the whole skyblock server (Developers, It can't be that hard, you guys did a top 5 players with most cash in /economy.

What did the old spawn look like back in 2013-2016?
    Well the old spawn back in 2013-2016 was a small blue themed spawn which had a big amount of players, If you want take a look at it, go online in the server and type /visit 2015Spawn to see the old spawn, It wasn't a realistic spawn that Noobcrew & CypriotMerkz did. (Cyp is a ex-admin.)

Why put it on PlanetMinecraft instead of other download sites?
    Because people think that other download sites have viruses in them, but PlanetMinecraft is a trusted site, so I recommend PlanetMinecraft.

Why did you decide to make this?

Because I was feeling bored due to a lock down because of a new virus, I was making the map before the new virus came in, after the virus showed up, I was feeling bored so I decided to continue this, so I decided to make a creation that I could show to the staff members of this server & bring some nostalgia.

"Better Version of the Old Spawn 2013-2016" Map.

Created by Arceuz.

Noobcrew & Developers, If your reading this:
    This is just a fan-made spawn, This wasn't supposed to be a suggestion, I can make a suggestion about it if people want this to be the actual spawn, but it's my decision, If I made any small mistakes to this fan-made spawn, you can modify if you want.

You must give me credit before using this map.

• Amazing Amazing x 4
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020 at 10:36 AM
  2. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Active Member

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    This is cool! I like it :D

3. PCcoolguy100 (aka phr33z)

PCcoolguy100 (aka phr33z) Active Member

IGN:
    phr33z
    No, the spawn needs an update. Hasn’t had a proper update in the 2 years the servers been up, I feel like this is the year :)

If this was to become the current spawn I’d 100% support it. It brings back what an actual skyblock can look like, if you put the extra amount of time and dedication to it. The current spawn seems to cramped, and I wouldn’t mind if off to the side of the spawn we had something similar to /warp faq back in the day :)

How about a cool suggestion: each year there’s a competition for the Skyblock’s spawn. There used to be these for the Mob Arena, why not let the players decide the one thing that new players first see when they load in?

ps: you can add /visit 2015Spawn for the “what did the 2013-2016 spawn look like”

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BertBerry

BertBerry Senior Member

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Yeah its a nice spawn but the terraforming and the trees need a bit of working. Otherwise its a cool spawn and it really brings some kind of nostalgia lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GamerRaven

GamerRaven Member

IGN:
    GamerRaven
    Nice spawn, I like it

6. Arceus

IGN:
    Arceuz
    I could put more trees in, which parts needs more terraforming?

7. BertBerry

BertBerry Senior Member

IGN:
    BertBerry
    The small mountains, and the walls. Also, is there any screenshots of the underside/bottom of the island that I could see?

8. Arceus

IGN:
    Arceuz
    2020-03-26_21.02.52.png
    This is what the underground looks like, If you see that big hole there, that's where /warp islands is.

What should be added to the walls? (I can make fix the mountains.)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020 at 12:15 AM
  9. BertBerry

BertBerry Senior Member

IGN:
    BertBerry
    if you're using WE then use the blendball and smooth brush on them to fix the sphere shapes and the not so realistic walls shaped. But its best to use VS (Voxel Sniper) to use the fill brush and smooth brush on them.

10. Arceus

IGN:
    Arceuz
    Is there a Voxel Sniper mod for 1.7.10 or 1.12.2?

Only has 1.7.2 & up to 1.10.

11. BertBerry

BertBerry Senior Member

IGN:
    BertBerry
    im honestly not sure but if you're unable to install it then just feel free to use WE too.

12. Laini

Laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    I like this as a project but personally wouldn’t want to see this as the server spawn. In my eyes, the current spawn looks professional, and makes the server look like one that has a status.

This, however, looks very player made, and seems very rough. This isn’t a bad thing, however I just don’t think it would be fitting as a server spawn.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Creepingdeath9

Creepingdeath9 Active Member

i love it!
    brings back memories !

14. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Developer and Helper Staff Member

Helper
    IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    1. Download Paper 1.12.2
    2. Create text file, enter "java -Xms4G -Xmx4G -jar paper.jar" (Xms is starting RAM, Xmx is max RAM, adjust based on your computer's size), save as start.bat
    3. Double click batch file to start, should instantly close
    4. Open eula.txt, change false to true
    5. Double click batch again, should start loading Minecraft stuff
    6. Type "stop" in console to stop it once it finishes loading
    7. Download World Edit, VoxelSniper, and FAVS and FAWE for 1.12.2 (speeds things up infinitely, avoids crashes)
    8. Place all of them into your "plugins" folder where your server is located
    9. Start server again
    10. Connect in Minecraft with "localhost" as IP
    I don't remember, but WorldEdit/VoxelSniper may look for Vault, so just download that if it throws any errors.

If your computer space is limited or you don't want to mess around with that, I can set you up a small private server sometime Sunday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Arceus

IGN:
    Arceuz
    BertBerry I managed to make the walls more detail, don't know if it makes it better.
    Um I wasn't looking for plugins, I was looking for mods of VoxelSniper.

16. Southwark

Southwark Moderator Staff Member

IGN:
    Southwark
    Oh wow the memories. I remember the structure in the middle (out of spruce though) and that massive Skyblock sign too... how could anyone forget? :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Developer and Helper Staff Member

Helper
    IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    I was just telling you how most of us use VoxelSniper for 1.12.2 :p Just takes a few minutes to setup and then you can have World Edit + VoxelSniper, both running better than their mod counterparts thanks to the Fast Async plugin.

I frequently crash my Minecraft using the mod versions of those two, so Fast Async was a lifesaver

18. Arceus

IGN:
    Arceuz
    I'll stick with WorldEdit instead.

BertBerry you there?

19. BertBerry

BertBerry Senior Member

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Yeah much better and the leaves give it a nice touch. Just work on the trees for now.