How Skyblock is dooming itself.

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by Lz, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Hoecobo

Hoecobo Senior Member

Oh, I have a suggestion. Maybe have an admin that can log on for more than 5 minutes once a week so stuff can actually get fixed and happen.

2. corn doggo

corn doggo Experienced Member

It's been higher than 9820. Much higher.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  3. Sleepyhead08

Sleepyhead08 Senior Member

Lmao tru

I'm almost 100% sure Minecraft didn't sell 9280 copies the day it was released.
    ΔY/ΔX =/= dy/dx

Minecraft reportedly sells 10,000 units per day | VG247
    Just 6 months ago, it was over 10k copies sold per day. We're down at least 1k, and most likely more.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  4. Stel

Stel Guest

OMG enough with these threads.

5. Sleepyhead08

People can't help but to care for their baby ;c
    The server they saw grow from an infant, through its rough teenage years when sexual references littered the chat, into adulthood when the moderating became stricter, and now it's growing old and incontinent. It's hard for people to accept.

6. LivingShadow

LivingShadow Experienced Member

I completely agree. As an older player, I saw how the server changed. In fact, this is one of the main reasons that I'm not on anymore.
    • When I first started playing, I started off with small shops, and they did fairly well. No where near the amount donors made, but a reasonable amount for a starting greenie. As a few years progresses, I saw many thing that affected non-donor, and starting players.
    • First off was the mob area. A lot of the players who weren't rich used that as a way to get extra cash, such as the iron, gold, and grass that you could win. That was a big thing for starters. I even remembering myself staying on for hours collecting the winnings from the mob arena. Many of the players who were involved in the forums knew about the reason why, and players who are usually on the forums are older players, but as stated above, the starters could care less about that (me being one of them at the time).
    • The second were the shops. Items that were easily created in bulk were god items. When you first started off playing Skyblock, it's amazing when you receive your first god item as they aren't usually there in other servers, but then there was too much. This was probably around the peak of skyblock. God items were a good way to make a profit. 2 for 1 grass. 1 for 1 grass. 1 for 2 grass. More and more people started to play skyblock. People bought donor, wanting to be able to get /god, but as time went on, there was too much of it and prices went down drastically. You could probably buy and entire DC for 5 grass.
    • Next there were trade shops. The trade shops from the starting players really couldn't offer much besides an occasional stock of cobble, or wood. The donor shops offered a large quantity of many things; specifically wool, colored wool, wood, mob drops, meat, smoothstone, and cobble. Looking at the difference, the shops from the newer players really didn't have a chance to last long. I'm not saying this is any of the donors fault, as they donated to keep the server alive, but without newer players, this server could die.
    There are many more things I could talk about, but the most important ones, the main thread article already talked about.
    Some people think these threads are tiring and repetitive, but in all honesty, we just want to point out some of the ignored facts.

7. Sleepyhead08

You're probably referring to the mob arena where you could formally win prizes through the plug-in, but I remember even before that as a greenbean fighting off mobs in /warp mob and hoping for iron drops from zombies. That kinda fits in with what you were saying. There's only so much you can hear "server lag" before you begin to think "bad server."

8. LivingShadow

Yes, I meant /ma j
    Personally back then, it was easier to earn stuff from /ma j, since they already had gear prepped for you, as in /warp mob, you needed you own gear sufficient enough to at least get some items.

9. Sleepyhead08

Nah, I would just use stone swords and whenever I got something valuable, I'd teleport home immediately. Only cost me wood + cobble ;P
    But it was very satisfying to finally get something

10. LivingShadow

I guess, but there was a higher chance of getting things in /ma j, since all the players were working together to kill the mobs, not worrying about who will pick up the drops, and personally it was more fun that way.

11. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

which is why i play .org more now. People on .org know each other, there's no competitions, maybe there is, but it's always just for fun. It's not as toxic as .net :p

12. marsh_x

marsh_x Active Member

usually, I play .org but when I play .net I usually focus on making my island nice... rather than trying to get the most diamonds or grass o_O

13. TVFilthyFrank

TVFilthyFrank Active Member

A HUGE reason new players would come to Skyblock.net is because they were an avid player of the Skywars.com server. Now that Skywars.com is gone, those players have left and this is what this has come to. Sure, there is Mineverse but I bet a lot of the players from Skywars.com didn't even know that NoobCrew owned more than one server. And when they figured it out, they went to Mineverse!

Another reason the new players leave is because of "Rankism™." I think greenies are usually look down upon because higher ranked players stereotype them as spammers, when only a fraction of the greenies on the server are spammers, and the main reason they spam is because higher ranked players ignore them!

If it is possible to fix these problems (which it probably isn't) then there's a decent chance that the server might have more and more players than today. But sadly, it is most unlikely to fix this.

14. Sleepyhead08

I love that word, "toxic" ... people here use it in general to just mean "bad" lol

But yeah, I agree. I used to play on .org just to sit and talk to people, and when I was moderator, it was a break from the action of .net. It's really chill.

15. LegoCollecter14

LegoCollecter14 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    LegoCollecter14
    Yes Skyblock is in decline.

I will now proceed to create another controversial topic:

Time for a reset?

16. luckynumber56

luckynumber56 Well-Known Member

or even bother to address stuff like this period.
    Expecting to run a successful community regardless of its domain and neglecting to address ongoing "panic" within it pure stupidity, more so because the reasoning is legitimate (the server is on a decline). But that's just it, it doesn't even appear they care to strive to be successful anymore. Its no wonder why a lot of the players stopped caring as well.

17. Sleepyhead08

Noobcrew=Cyp lmao

Eh.

Agreeeed.

Like I already said, there that word is again. Y'all love to spout it, but it actually means something that causes harm to those around it. Some of these people you're citing just bicker back and forth with each other and because you don't like it, you get involved. Also, a person holding a grudge isn't toxic either. Just a side note.

Eh, it's not really that easy. You're not just losing bad players, but also good ones ;/

18. RocketOG

RocketOG Guest

Dooming itself :tearsofjoy:

19. LetsPlay1196

LetsPlay1196 Active Member

you all say Non-Donors have no warp, then how are they supposed to get to /warp Crates or /warp grass ? i got a second account and now it's Donor10, i was able to go to different warps with my second account when it was a non-donor account...

20. LetsPlay1196

LetsPlay1196 Active Member

minecraft pc just gets less sold, because kids nowadays prefer buying the mobile version, which also has some minigame servers, but it cost not even half the price of minecraft PC... the sales of Minecraft increased in generell, but dropped for the PC version, the world gets more mobile now.