Houzo's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by luka, Dec 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo

Introduction:
    Hi. How are you? I am Luka Houze and I am 15 years old and I live in Australia. After joining skyblock on the 26th of March, 2016 I become in love with this server.
    After having ups and downs in the server and taking 'breaks' i have settled back down to the server.

Your in-game name:
    Houzo.
    What time zone are you in?
    Australian Eastern Standard Time. (AEDT).

What country do you live in?
    At this time I live in Sydney, Australia.

What languages do you speak?
    I speak English. I also know a bit about Japanese. I took a class in 2016 on Japanese where I learned the basic Hiragana and some other basic words and phrases.

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No
    Yes.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
    My computer is able to take screenshots of everything and anything. I also have a screen recording software downloaded.

Why do you think you should become a Helper?
    Being on the staff team is not all about having the powers and being able to do anything you want. Being a helper is all about looking out for anyone in the community, either on forums or in game that needs help. I want to be a Helper because I have these very important traits:

Friendly & Helpful
    If you were to know me on a personal level you would know that I am a very friendly person. In-game I will help anyone anytime. Whatever the rank is I will still help them.

Responsible
    I believe that I am a very responsible person in general. If I was to become a helper I would be responsible enough to not abuse powers. I would use the commands how they are supposed to be used.

Dedicated, Organised, Hard Working & Passionate
    This is the only Minecraft server I play so I give full dedication and time to this community.
    I feel I am a very organized and hardworking person because I know how to manage my time on a high level.

Kind & Respectful
    I treat everyone with the same respect I would show towards my friends. If someone is being rude in chat towards another player or just, in general, I will always ask them politely to stop. If I became a helper I would still treat people the same and not change the way I act like past staff have.

Trustworthy
    I try to be trustworthy. I don't scam or steal and when doing trades I always drop first or if they do I always drop my item afterward. I am also very trustable as I will always do anything someone will ask me to do if it is a reasonable matter.

Quick Thinker & Learner
    Whenever someone is stuck on something I am quick to think of something to help them out and give advice on how to fix it the issue.
    I think I learn quickly and I am able to apply the things I learn in everyday life.

Emotional Stability
    I believe that good leaders (or moderators/helpers in this case) must be able to tolerate frustration and stress. I am one for not getting overly angry and 'toxic' at other players when for say getting scammed or maybe someone is being rude to me. I know I might have been in the past, but times have changed and I have matured a great amount since those times.

Enthusiasm
    I am seen as active, expressive, and energetic. Often very optimistic and open to change. Overall, I am generally quick and alert and ready for anything that is thrown at me.

Real life work experience/Good Work Ethic
    I have a job so that means I have good work ethics which is uncommon for most younger people or even players on this server. Having Worked at McDonald's fora bout 1 Year and 4 Months has given me the capability of learning great work ethics by working as a team with other people. Without communicating to the other staff members there is no way that anything would get done.

Awareness/accountability
    I am aware of everything that I do and that I have done. I take full ownership and accountability of what happens on my account and also as a person. I strive to achieve in day to day tasks and always succeed.

Other Reasons
    It has come to my awareness that there is a little amount of Australian Helpers/Moderators on the team. Since I am from Australia I think I would be a good addition to the team as I play often when there are no mods on.
    In recent times I have also just become a mentor at my school. This means that I greet the new students into the school and stay with them until they are welcomed into the school. I feel like this can be related back to the server as it shows that I have leadership and willingness to be able to help people out with things that I am already familiar with.

Since I hold all of the traits and abilities. I believe that if I was accepted into the staff team I would advance my knowledge and abilities.

How long can you be active on the server every day?

I play on this server every day. Here are the hours that I can play. (24hr Time)

Monday - 1615-2200
    Tuesday - 1615-2200
    Wednesday - 1615-2200
    Thursday - 1615-2200
    Friday - 1615-2200
    Saturday - 0600-1515 (I have work every Saturday from 4pm-midnight)
    Sunday - 0600-2200 (depending if I have plans)

Please note that these times may vary week to week as I am on a casual loading at McDonald's. Also, holiday hours would change the times.

How long have you been playing Skyblock?
    I started playing Skyblock on the 26th of March 2016. So just over 2 years now!

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)
    Yes.
    I was banned looting HunterHiHunter on the 11th of April when I was a greenie. The problem was resolved and Hunter and I have nothing against us.
    I am not sure of any other bans.

Do you have any past experience as a Helper/Moderator?
    Not really. In late 2015 I used to be a Head-Admin on a server that had about 3 non-staff players on per day, so it was a pretty small server. I also try to keep the peace on .net when there are mods/helpers on by saying ‘Please don’t swear in public chat’ if someone swears, and other informative sentences like that.
    I was a Senior Moderator on a fellow community members server, Wonkie. The server has since shut down as Wonkie has made more of a commitment to the skyblock community as the result of his recent promotion to Helper.

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No?
    I do meet all requirements.

Post-Application Notes:
    Thank you for taking your time and looking at my application :)

Support -
    Brandon
    mijiperki
    Krissy
    HWSdragon
    needtorename
    GangstaPancaka
    OCTOPUS_IBBY
    Gamzee24
    Wonkie
    leeny_hudson
    Queen
    Evux
    Squig
    Swaggster_legacy
    Micnasr
    Stel
    Layla
    Minicrusher4200
    user59306
    OMGItsSheep
    Butters_SLG
    Andi
    Budz

Neutral -
    52Phenomenon
    DietPepsi22
    Laini
    trinxty
    BertBerry
    Benji
    ViperLord

No Support -
    Talia
    AbdulSamad
    MindSensation23
    armaganndon
    Emerald
    OfficerWade_x
    Dqnk

• Support Support x 13
    • No Support No Support x 5
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  2. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    I did say neutral but leaning to no support.
    • I dont see you helping anyone both in game and forums
    • Not much active both in game and forums
    Good luck!

3. Wonkie

Wonkie Experienced Member

IGN:
    wonkiedonkie
    To reiterate on what I said on the previous thread, I am neutral because although you are quite active and I see you online a bit, but you don't really help and I don't really see mod qualities in you yet.
    Good luck!

4. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

Neutral for now. You seem like a quite nice and friendly person, you are very active, but you just need to help out more. :)

5. needtorename

needtorename Content Creator Premium

IGN:
    needtorename
    Hey Houzo
    I will say neutral leaning to support
    Very active and friendly
    Improve on helping others only good luck man

6. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    Neutral,
    I've only started seeing you be active recently and you don't help out, but you're a friendly person and you have the potential to be an amazing moderator.
    Good luck!

7. luka

IGN:
    Houzo
    Thank you for your feedback. I will try to be more active.
    Thank you for your feedback.
    I will try to help more people out.
    Will do
    Yes, I have only just started to play again recently.

8. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

I reckon you have the right personality to be a moderator on this server! Start helping a little and you'll be there!

9. DietPepsi22

DietPepsi22 Well-Known Member

Nice personality, I'd just reccomend helping and being active a bit more.:)

10. Armaganndon

Armaganndon Well-Known Member

IGN:
    armaganndon
    Neutral, I don't see you helping in-game and you can also be very immature at times, work one these 2 areas and I'll gladly change my rating.

11. luka

IGN:
    Houzo
    Thank you!
    I am trying to.
    Thank you! :heart:
    Will do sir.

12. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Nice to see you applying, Houzo.
    I think you're quite active, I see you on, and we're in completely different timezones.
    The two things I’d like to see are, 1. You helping a little bit. The other thing I’d like to see is you ignoring things that people do, specifically when they’re trying to upset you. You know what I’m reffering to by this. All they want from you is a reaction. Don’t let them have the satisfaction of knowing they’re upsetting you.

Neutral|Support.
    Good luck!

13. luka

IGN:
    Houzo
    Thank you!

14. OCTOPUS_IBBY

OCTOPUS_IBBY Member

I hope you get Moderator because your nice and awesome!

15. luka

IGN:
    Houzo
    Thank you! :heart:

16. Stel

Stel Guest

still better than Queen

17. luka

IGN:
    Houzo