Hopper limit

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by mogsy172, Jun 30, 2019.

1. mogsy172

mogsy172 Active Member

IGN:
    mogsy172
    There should be an increase on the hopper limit, say if someone has played a certain amount of time or their island level reaches a certain point just so it can open up so many more possibilities, because with just my item filter it uses 6 or 7 hoppers, I know that the limit makes players try to play more carefully and become more creative but I thought I would share this idea.

• No Support No Support x 4
  2. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Total no support.
    The whole reason /limits was brought into place was because of crazy pigmen grinders involving tons of hoppers for automation.

Not only were there mass hoppers but they caused huge lag.Adding more limits will totally destroy the server with its current lag.

Limits were already changed first changed. Then they were changed again because it was still too laggy with the current limits at the time.

Overall adding this would make the server even more laggy and probably unplayable. Limits were set in play for a reason

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mafro

Mafro Active Member

IGN:
    Mafrorific
    I actually like the hopper limit because, in addition to learning how to build machines with fewer hoppers (e.g. only using a single hopper to put items in a chest, using water to collect across wider areas), it makes players decide what they want to spend their hoppers on. I could see players choosing to specialize in certain areas, rather than having every machine out there to do everything.

I'd say lower it to 32 or even 16, myself. :devil:

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  4. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Lowering it down to that much is much like fixing one problem in society but completely forgetting about another (ie. fixing world hunger but completely forgetting about human rights). We must find a good balance between what players need, and what the server needs to function. In my opinion, 96 is a good balance as of right now. Don't expect a lag free server if you want hoppers, and don't expect unlimited hoppers if you want less lag.

5. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    No support. Adding limits wasn't just a good introduction because it literally helped the lag issues, but it also helped the player base.

Players became more resourceful and found ways around the hopper limits that were creative and it allowed them to enjoy their creations without putting huge amounts of strain on the server.

Also, don't forget that it's good not to automate everything - without limits players become too reliant on hoppers and everything is automated. Having limits in place means that players save their hoppers for essential uses, and don't pointlessly automate everything on their island.