HIGH ROLLER: Skyblock.net's first GAME SHOW! Tonight, June 19th, 9 PM EST / 6 PM PST

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Blast0matic, Jun 19, 2020.

?

I think this is...

Poll closed Jun 20, 2020.
  1. ...a great fresh idea!

60.0%
  2. ...a terrible re-hash of old news!

10.0%
  3. ...crazy for you to just give stuff away for free!

10.0%
  4. ...something I want to play!

40.0%
  5. ...something I want to watch!

20.0%
  6. ...something I want to donate to!

10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Blast0matic

Blast0matic Member

TONIGHT is the first stage of High Roller, Skyblock.net's new game show extravaganza!
    It will be on /skyblock - the game name is High Roller, not to be confused with the rank of Highroller on /economy.

It is FREE to play, with total grass and prizes in excess of 100g that any contestant can make a play for.
    The audience will have an excellent view of every game, with free food and random giveaways, as well!

We will play a series of mini-games - yes there's parkour! - and the winners of each will face off against each other for a chance to play High Roller. EVERY participant will win something, in addition to trying their skill and luck.

The game itself will begin at 9 PM EST tonight (June 19th) and run for half an hour.
    If you want to participate and not just be in the audience, please aim to arrive 10 minutes early.
    That is also the time that I will be recruiting paid staff, as I need 1-2 assistants during the process.

The games require call and response, so for best viewing experience connect to Other Games in Discord.
    To play, you must at least be able to -hear- on Other Games; if you have a mike, even better.

We also ask that fliers please restrict themselves to the airspace above the audience seating.

To arrive at the game, just /visit Blast0matic and walk down the hall.
    Please visit to view the set, and if I am online and not AFK, I'll talk about the games.

And cheer up if you aren't selected for the first stage - this game is going to evolve.
    The games will change.
    The prizes will grow.
    I'm not stopping until I'm DEAD BROKE.

COME ONE
    COME ALL
    HAVE FUN
    EAT COOKIES
    GET STUFF

• Amazing Amazing x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  2. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Wow,

What an amazing idea, I don't know if I'll be on by then but if so, I will definitely join this game. Look forward to seeing you then!

-Boba

3. needtorename

needtorename Content Creator Premium

IGN:
    needtorename
    Skyblock creativity, lets do it ✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. No longer on forums

No longer on forums Member

This seems like a nice idea, although you will find MUCH more active players at /skyblock some of them are also fun, but a lot are mischievous(Mostly non-ranked players). Also you might want to turn chat off because sometimes some people don't read the rules and try to bypass the filter(Try doing the /local chat to prevent people from trying to ruin your video). (I presumed it was an economy game because of the title.)
    (If it's on /skyblock, I've got a pretty big arena with lots of spectator stands, and I really want to use it in something.)

5. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    It's /skyblock.

6. No longer on forums

No longer on forums Member

Alright, the title "Highroller" mislead me as Highroller is an eco rank.

Feel free to contact me on forums if you want to use my arena.

7. CowSays

CowSays Member

IGN:
    CowSays
    Post 49 minutes ago, and its starting at 9 PM. Am I just dumb or is he prepping something that happened 3 hours ago, as it is 12:24 PM. And its also already June 19th

8. Blast0matic

Blast0matic Member

I've updated that it is tonight the 19th, in about 8 hours, and that it is on /skyblock and isn't to be confused with economy. Tim12333, thank you for your tips on /local. And thanks to everyone so far with the interest level! As for the arena, the game concept is portable; being several small games around one big set, it has flexibility in layout. I'll visit it and we'll see how Stage 1 goes!

9. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    He said it’s happening at 9pm EST today, which is not for another 7 hours :)

I’m assuming you’re in a very different timezone

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Blast0matic

Blast0matic Member

Glad we got a good turnout - all of the minigames were stocked with people, and all of them were enjoyed! Our big winner was travisthebeast13, who walked away with 8 coal blocks and 6 grass.

Stage Two will involve a revamped parkour course, increased prizes, and a few surprises. Be sure to come and see if you can be the next High Roller!

11. Hireath (Astro)

Hireath (Astro) Well-Known Member

it was lots of fun, I hope I can join the next one