Hi! This is Slagomizer, you can call me Bri :)

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by *Slagomizer*, Feb 28, 2023.

1. *Slagomizer*

*Slagomizer* Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Slagomizer
    Hello, all!

My name is Bri. My IGN is Slagomizer and my nick is BriChickadee.

I guess, let's start with the Minecraft stuff. I had played Minecraft a tiny bit on my friends' accounts in high school, and I really loved it. I had wanted to get my own account, but even as a teenager I was really bad at spending money "on myself", so I didn't buy an account. When I went through my big high school breakup (O! woe is me!), by best friend tried to cheer me up by making me a Minecraft account, which, did in fact help :) And start a lifelong obsession, lol.

That was 10-12 years ago, and since, I have very much enjoyed experiencing the progression of the game development. Man, I love how far the game has come. Some of you on this forum were still in diapers when I was first playing! I never played with any mods, never poked around on any servers, really, until a couple months ago when I got a Skyblock sort of itch. My sweetie and my beloved cousin and I had been co-opting on our realm a while and I just wanted something new and different! So we waddled onto SB...

My username, BriChickadee, comes from my actual name, Bri, and my family's nickname for me, Chickadee. It's a pretty little bird in Northern New England. It makes the sweetest song and is absurdly tame and friendly. They'll eat birdseed right out of your hand.

I joined SkyBlock and coerced my fiance to do the same. Because we co-cop (life, and also SkyBlock) we've made really good progress really fast! We both WFH (except for some <oof> big travel on my part!) and are online a whole lot these days. We've enjoyed the support we've gotten as new players, and have enjoyed even more the transition from newbie to helpful, knows-what's-going-on players. I feel like I spend a lot of time in the chat helping new players now (though, when anyone is having redstone problems, I send my fiance, GaroldGarcia! He's the guy for that!)

We finished the /challenges, got a pretty solid ~150 item shop going... and ... then didn't know what to do more. Just as we were about to stagnate, we came up with a build idea that has let us has so much fun here. We're working on a big huge build and are hoping to expand to a 199x199 island soon. It has somewhat of a Jurassic Park feel, because...

... and now, not-Minecraft intro! I'm a paleontologist, in the back half of my PhD. We're doing a dino build :) I study evolutionary biology and geology and feel very, extremely, immensely!-lucky that my job takes me all around the world and back. GaroldGarcia lives with me, and our two idiot cats, and my darling cousin, Elsaaa who I also coerce to play SB on occasion. A family affair! Gary and I chuckle that we got 'married' on SB before we got married in real life, and that we are so much more loose with our shared finances in real life than we are with our shared grass blocks on the server XD

I would describe myself as a social, welcoming, kind player, with a lot of patience to hang with new players and help out! The social aspects of SB are just as fun to me as the goals we've set for ourselves for our island builds.

Anyway, I hope to meet you all in game, and I hope reading a smidge about me can facilitate some friendships and whatnot.

Love and hugs,
    Slag

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    wooooo! welcome to the forums!!!

3. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    FINALLY SOMEONE SMART ON THIS SERVER! That makes 2. You and KhalDrogo ! WELCOME!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

Welcome! Slag is an interesting nickname, especially if you are from the UK, it holds a particular meaning xD but welcome all the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    It means something very naughty indeed here in Australia :devil::devil::devil:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Magik

Magik Well-Known Member

IGN:
    MagikIsAMush
    Welcome :)

7. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

hurtful

8. *Slagomizer*

IGN:
    Slagomizer
    Oh, I am well aware of the meaning and it was 100% intended. A thagomizer is a part of a dinosaur which anatomically had not been given a real name by scientists until a comics artist made this joke:

https://preview.redd.it/thagomizer-v0-1vqgxyax0tz91.jpg?auto=webp&s=ac2620010d2b3b8d3fbd8b9e8ea1172309be35bf

And then I do very much enjoy the insult “slag”, though it has fallen out of favor in the states… I almost never hear it, but I think it’s hilarious, so I made my own portmanteau for my username. I wouldn’t go ‘round calling people it, but I think in the context of the username it’s funny. I had that as my MC username long before I ever got on a server or played with people I don’t know in real life… I then realized quickly in chat that no one was going to type out Slagomizer in full and I had to just embrace people referring to me as “Slag” in chat XD

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. AdamCakezor

AdamCakezor Well-Known Member

IGN:
    AFVpyr
    Welcome to the Server. even though we've already spoke. You do seem nice as a person though :D

Yes. it is leo. Isn't it fun.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    Of course I forgot my dear friend Dr Skam the smartest of all

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. KingJonSnow

KingJonSnow Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    KingJonSnow
    It's been awesome to get to know you and Gary in and outside the game and we are all glad and excited y'all have joined our community. Keep up the great work on the island and helping out the community cause it seems you are passionate about both :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Emy

Emy Member

IGN:
    Emydances8
    Hi! I really enjoy talking to you on sb!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. *Slagomizer*

IGN:
    Slagomizer
    I've loved meeting you too! I'm so sad to report that I did, in fact, expose Gary to Full House, and he was less than impressed.

14. GaroldGarcia

GaroldGarcia Member

IGN:
    GaroldGarcia
    Let's just say that the laugh track hasn't aged well.

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  15. Emy

Emy Member

IGN:
    Emydances8
    Noooooo

16. Prosperitus

Prosperitus Member

IGN:
    Prosperitus
    Hi! I've only had a few interactions with you, but they have been exactly as you described yourself as being: sociable, welcoming, kind! Nice to hear more about you, glad to be able to play on this server with you!

(wow that name tho x'D)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. *Slagomizer*

IGN:
    Slagomizer
    Ha! That's meee! Yeah if there were boiler-plate taglines on Forum, mine would definitely be one that references how chatty I am :) What's fun, if it's not fun-with-friends? Nice to meet you :)