Denied Hi, I'm Lw5 and I don't quite understand this ban, help.

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by Lw5, Jan 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lw5

Lw5 Active Member

IGN:
    Lw5
    • Punished account name:
    • Lw5
    • Platform or server punished on:
    • Economy
    • Ban message if applicable:
    • Breaking our code of conduct, severly lagging our server and ignoring our warnings.
    • Have you read the rules?
    • Yes i have read the rules and i do understand them.
    • Do you think this punishment was incorrect?
    • I do believe the ban was incorrect because my intention was not to break any rules nor to lag the server. I was just using my mobfarm to make money. Since I did not know it would fall under the category of lag machines because I heared from players and staff that mobfarms are allowed. There are also no limits to any farms, so i thought its allowed to have any scale of a farm.
    • Why should you be unbanned?
    • Since it is true that i got warned for "lagging" the server (It only lagged client btw), I find it pretty unfair that I got banned for using my mobfarm which was running multiple times and I never got told by staff to do anything about the mobfarm.
    • Please list any other times you were punished on Skyblock:
    • Guess the one time for mute evading when i asked why i got muted :D
    • If you know, tag the staff member that banned you:
    • Devannn_
    • Do you understand and accept our rules and code of conduct?
    • I understand the rules and the code of conduct and i accept them fully!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  2. Lw5

Lw5 Active Member

IGN:
    Lw5
    Over a week with no reply on a ban which in my opinion is not deserved. I’m tagged 2 other mods which were involved in this.
    Cyk753 Frez
    Some kind of reply to talk about this would be nice!

3. Lw5

Lw5 Active Member

IGN:
    Lw5
    Any updates? :) 2 weeks passed 50% of my ban wrote multiple times on discord and got a reply on discord after 1 week of daily messages.. I have the slight feeling im getting hard ignored..

4. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Hi Lw5, thank you for taking the time to appeal.

I would like to assure you that you appeal is not being ignored, but to put it simply, the staff team is very busy at this moment in time, both in real life and in game.

Firstly, I would like to clarify that Open Ban Appeals are not to be discussed within the community especially in global chat. Disrespecting staff members or the appeal process does not help your case. Furthermore, we do not just ban people for the sake of it. This was discussed at length with the staff team before it took place.

As an active player, you know that TPS on economy has been struggling. You also have pointed this out to staff members. Upon this point, several staff members have given you multiple warnings about your farms and how much they contribute to low and unstable TPS. Yet, you still continued to afk your alts at said farms and complain about low TPS.

Now, to discuss the reason we chose to take action that day. We had been alerted to very low TPS and upon investigation, we found a machine built by you which contributed to it insanely. Not only did it cause TPS to drop, but it also made players who got close to it crash. After breaking your machine, the TPS went from 4 to 12, this is how much it affected the server and thus, all other players' gameplay.

This violates Code of Conduct Rule 3:

3. While on our servers you will not partake in behaviour and activities which disrupt the game play of other users. This includes, but is not limited to:
    • All prohibited behaviour as set in the Skyblock rules here
    • Building machines that can crash or lag the server
    • Flying redstone machines
    • Bypassing /ignore, /guest ban and island locks
    • Egging islands without permission
    • Obscene builds, map art and banners
    • Streaming or sharing game play that encourages others to break our server rule
    We implore you, and everybody else, to never test anything on the live server. No one is allowed to run tests on our live servers for their own personal gain, especially to make a custom client as you shared with us while chatting in game. Skyblock is a game, not your laboratory.

Additionally, after asking you to not run tests on the live server, you answered: “lmao sure”. You are showing us that you have no regret or apology for your actions. You also went on to call a member of our staff team “pathetic” and state “uwu modabuse” when in reality they were showing you leniency by explaining your full situation to you and were willing to let you go after the chat. This is not only extremely disrespectful and rude, but also violates the rules and code of conduct. This is also not the only time you have been disrespectful.

All of this together, including your multiple warnings, led the staff team to the conclusion of banning you for a month. In the time since your ban started, the Staff Team has learned that you have made threats to crash the server. This is a very serious offense. You have to decide if you want to play peacefully here as a regular player or not. Staff team will not tolerate attacks to the server and disruptions to other players trying to enjoy the game.

We hope this response has explained to you why you were banned. We hope that you understand and in future will not let this happen again. If you want to be back in game, you must commit to all the rules and the code of conduct. Every player has to do their part to help the server be playable and a safe place for everyone, one person cannot hog all the resources. Any new offences will have very serious consequences.

5. Lw5

Lw5 Active Member

IGN:
    Lw5
    Hi Frez, I appreciate the time you took to reply,

I totally get that but, in my opinion beeing member of the staff team means taking time and moderating the server. If this is not possible because of stuff in real life open appeals should be taken care of other moderators of the server!
    I've been writing Devann on Discord 5 days in a row and i saw him online now and then. I got a reply after 5 whole days. Screen

I did not know about the rule, after you told me about it ingame I did not talk about it in public anymore and also instantly apologize to you about it. In no means i meant to disrespect any staff member or the appeal process, as far as I know I just asked if on my appeal is still worked on or ignored because i was curious.
    I apologize for breaking the rule there, I thought all the rules are listed in the rules section on the forums.

I know about the TPS struggle yes, I have never pointed it out to staff memeber because after months and months I followed the process of removing the TPS struggle and I just gave up since i saw no process in this at all. I have gotten NO warning at all about my farms. I think Kxi pointed one time out that my farm contributes to TPS drop I had no idea how much TPS drop it caused and I did not got told to make the farm smaller or anything like that.
    I rarly afk'd my ALT >singular< at my mobfarm because it did not make me a lot of money. I also dont understand why staff is keeping to put words in my mouth. I did not complain about tps in the past months, please show me proof that i complained about the TPS in the last months or stop putting these words in my mouth.

First of let me say TPS and FPS are two complete different things.
    TPS is how fast the server is runing which caps at vanilla 20.0 ticks per second. This is server-side only it does not affect the framerate or anything on your computer it affects everything on the server but not the client.
    FPS are frames per second and only affects your client nothing to do with server.

Now coming from this to my ban reason..

You guys said that very low TPS has been alerted. At the time of my ban we played for months on 12 TPS daily, it got to a point that 12 TPS was seen as normal by players which is pretty insane since its a drop of 8 TPS.
    Coming to the machine you found at my alts island. It was a machine to firstly test my new client feature, for skylight updates. I thought its okay to test it since it affects nearly only the client side FPS, this machine did NOT contribute to the TPS drop at that time, yes it can crash the client when skylight supression is not on client side. It was one piston moving one block how can this contribute to a 12 TPS to 4 TPS drop. I am deeply sorry for testing on the skyblock server since i though a small client test will not cause any trouble.(Oh boi was i wrong)
    Can you please show me how this caused such a large TPS drop you should be able to somehow proof it because I hope staff is not banning players without any proof.
    Also 12 TPS to 4 TPS is a 8 TPS drop same with 20 TPS to 12 TPS.

I did not build any machine which laggs the server. It lagged the client like I said before. FPS lag is something completly different than TPS lag. I have the feeling you guys just broke the machine and saw TPS went up again for a short moment or something simular. Did you guys made further testing with it? Or did you guys just saw hey we broke this one piston TPS went back up. Lets just ignore all the 80 other people on the server since they are all afk and do completly nothing while we broke this one block.

I understand this and I am deeply sorry for this! I will never run or do any tests again. Whenever I want to build something again I will first create it in singleplayers and will copy it 1:1 to the server if it does not lag my singleplayer world!

To me it felt more of a "Lets find someone to blame all the lag to". You guys tp'd me to my island asked about the machine I built, I explained about it told you guys it does not affect the TPS in any way. You guys continued to blame me for lagging the server and gave me a warning for "lagging the server" which is just not true since it did not lagged the server and I am asking again for proof of that machine lagging the server. It is still on the island just broken as far a I know just turn it on and check the TPS and show the data you collect from that. I got frustrated, and in my opinion you guys had near to no leniency since my statements of the machine not causing TPS lag got fully ignored. Saying that staff is showing leniency only because they explain what is happening. In my opinion this is what a moderator should always do and not only because of leniency. And we did not really had a good chat there since my statements got ignored about the lag cause. It was just a desperate search for someone to blame the lag on.

I want to apologize to Cyk753 for calling her pathatic. I was really frustrated in the situation.

First off, I have gotten one warning on the same day because of the "lag machine" which did not lagged the TPS. I have not gotten any warnings. I have no idea about which warning you guys are always referring to. I would really appreciate if some of my warning could be listed.

Okay this is just such a big false statement, my intention was never to crash the server or cause any disruptions. Just from a logical point of view it would not make any sense that an active player is trying to crash/lag the server. Any form of lag is just a disruption for myself and will just cause that I will have less fun playing something. Hurting yourself makes no sense.

Sincerly - Lw5

6. Lw5

Lw5 Active Member

IGN:
    Lw5
    Its been a while since I last got an reply to this, coming with the excuse that people are busy IRL seems a bit weird, when the staff members who have to do with this are constantly chatting on the Skyblock Discord server. Not only that but also answering ban appeals which are new. I know im not the middle of the universe but like I said it's taking a very long time to get a reply.

7. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

Please take look at our appeal section information thread as located here or else you risk in having your appeal being denied.
    Being busy with IRL is not a "weird" excuse, we all have school / work and a life. Please understand that there is a lot of thought process that goes into responding to appeals and that this process takes time.

Every appeal + situation is different and you should not be comparing your appeal to other players'. In your case, your appeal involves not only Frez but the whole staff team.

I kindly ask for you to be patient and stop complaining as it does not in any way help with your situation.

8. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Thank you.

---

Hello, Lw5!
    I just want to reply and say that we will not be rushing your ban appeal. I know it has been a few days since our last reply, but you need to understand that this ban was on behalf of the whole Staff Team, and therefore the whole Staff Team will have an input on what to do and say regarding you and your appeal. It is not down to one Staff Member to decide what will happen with you. This is a team effort and will require some time.

Some of us are busy with Exams, School, College, Work and so on. Do not go on to say that these excuses are ''weird''. Every single Staff Member has their own personal life. Our whole life does not evolve around a game. We do not sit behind a screen playing a video game 24/7. We do not put a video game before any other important aspects in our life. Please respect this. We are not robots.

Now, I'm going to say this once. Either be patient and wait for our reply, or risk getting your appeal denied. It is as simple as that.

Hope you understand, thank you.
    Have a nice day!

9. Lw5

Lw5 Active Member

IGN:
    Lw5
    Okay. I hope this appeal is not going to be closed when my ban is over.

10. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    First, there is a section on how to make proper appeals in the appeals section for convenience. Spamming or slamming staff members don't help the case. (Ban Appeal Help Guide)

All staff member have lives, it is not for you to decide how they manage and spend their time. We do not put a video game before any other important aspects in our life. Please respect this.

Second, we checked TPS, not FPS. You were at a redstone clock on a platform exposed to the void below which created the lag. This kind of contraption is a very well known issue. We checked TPS immediately after Cyk753 broke the redstone and it shot up. Light updates are definitely handled by the server. It is not solely handled client-side. It is an issue the Developers have addressed before and documented in the change logs.

In fact, the developers have been working diligently to address lag issues on all servers, but especially /economy since it was re-introduced. Even with hardware upgrades, the lag persists. Overall, /Skyblock has more players and less lag than /economy. The Developers worked hard to reduce lag from gameplay mechanics due to selfishly excessive practices of a minority of players. That is abusing spawner cage mechanics, redstone mechanics, farming mechanics, water mechanics, mining hacks, and spamming commands to the point of absurdly lagging the server for everyone else.

Here are about two years worth of updates for the /economy server:

Third, testing builds in single player for lag is not going to have the same result as putting that build where 50 other people are trying to play at the exact same time. The server has to calculate for everyone else's activities and so adding to that burden with a giant farms just compounds the lag issue.

Fourth, we did not exclusively target you. Cyk753 had been speaking with a lot of grinders at the same time and asking them all to be conscious of their actions and to possibly curb, downsize, or redesign their farms with server lag and other players game play in mind. The point is: everyone shares the same server and everyone has to do their part in helping out. You were the one to refuse you had a part in this. Remember this started as a peaceful conversation, but you escalated it.

Fifth, we think the threats you made as a retaliation for the fair ban. You have a long record of disrespecting players and staff members and breaking rules. We provide a game as long as you comply with rules and directions from staff. There will be serious consequences in future non compliance with rules.

11. Lw5

Lw5 Active Member

IGN:
    Lw5
    From the changelogs I see that a lot of lightupdate fixes have been done. Infact before I build that machine, which I regret building, another player showed me it and told me they fixed the issues with lag and skylight updates. Of course I don't say I believe that only because a player told me it, but from TPS analysis it showed me that skylight updates is not causing a lag of 8 TPS. I did not do any TPS testing, I just have a TPS tracker on all the time.

How else am I suppost to build when testing in any form is not allowed on the server? Thats a serious question I have right now.. You are not allowed to do any testings on the server so building someone you have never build before will fall under the category of testing if I am not misstaken, but at the same time testing stuff in singleplayer does not represent a good testing ground for the server. I will glady do whatever I can to not not lag the server in any form.

I did not got told to do anything about my mobfarm from you guys. You guys just asked me what that machine was on my alt island which made some clients crash. I never got any information about downscaling my farm or anything. Infact I asked you guys if I am allowed to go back to my farm and you said yes.

12. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

Look, these are plainly the facts. You cannot get around them.
    • At that point in time, your clock indeed was a burden on the already laggy server. We were just hoping you would show understanding to the larger lag problem.
    • You were partly banned for not listening and fighting back, not exclusively for having a laggy build.
    • You said in game you were testing for a custom client you were building. That is exactly the testing we are not allowing. You are not a dev for this server. You have no permission to run those kinds of tests.
    • Yes you have been spoken to by other staff members in the past about farms and laggy builds. You were spoken just a week before you got banned.
    • You have failed to be honest of the threat you made to crash the server.
    And we are disappointed by the fact that you evaded the ban. We know you logged in with the account aaii two days ago.

You have failed to fully address these main points. You either do not or cannot truly acknowledge how your actions affect the players around you. You are unfortunately not ready to join back the server at this time.

We provide services to the game as long as you agree to follow the server rules and listen to staff directions. Since you are unable to do so, we have decided to extend your ban for the time being. Please rethink your actions and let us know when you are ready to be a peaceful member of this Skyblock community. We still look forward to hear from you how you can help to reduce lag on the server.

13. Lw5

Lw5 Active Member

IGN:
    Lw5
    You destroyed the non laggy clock and did no further testing. The server was at that time already at 4 TPS and even lower this clock on the island had nothing to do with server lag. Did the moderators which found the clock made sure it was the clock which lagged the server? Or did you guys just destroyed the clock and saw.. Oh tps went up lets ignore the other 80 players on the server because for sure non of them is doing anything. Did you do any of these testing to really find out it was this clock which was causing lag.
    • Tp all characters away which loaded the island and see if the TPS increase
    • Destroy the clock see if TPS increases and if it does activate the clock to make sure it is really that clock.
    • or even place a block above the machine so no more skylight update are anymore made
    Or did you just like I assume break the clock and ignore all other 80 players on the server?

I was partly banned for not listening and fighting back.... that is really interesting because I remember agreeing to never do a contraption like that again. Furthermore I also remember that we partially had a conversation/discussion. If a discussion falls under "fighting back and not listening" than I have no words for that. Please explain more about it because I really dont get this point.

Yes I said that I was testing for a custom client and I said it multiple times I am deeply sorry for that and will never do that again. I dont understand why this is brought up all the time since in my opinion I have shown understanding in this.

Only one staff spoke to me about one of my farms and said something along the lines of 'It does lag the server partially but you do not have to rebuild anything and are allowed to afk it'
    A staff has never spoken to me because of laggy constructions. Please I am asking again for any proof of that since all the time you guys are just putting words in my mouth which are not true and are not replying to any of my points. You guys are just straight up repeating everything all the time.
    I logged with my account on the wrong server for 2 seconds. I am sorry that this instantly falls under ban evading.
    I know I am banned from the server and am not allowed to join with any of my alts and so did I. This was not my intention and I instantly left after I realized that I have joined the wrong server.
    So accidently joining the server for not more than 2 seconds is enough for an extended ban.
    This just shows me that at this point you are trying to show dominance by banning and exending bans however you guys feel like. At this point I am more disappointed in me that I even try to write an appeal only to find out that my points are just being completly ignored.

14. Lw5

Lw5 Active Member

IGN:
    Lw5
    Any updates?

15. Lw5

Lw5 Active Member

IGN:
    Lw5
    I am also wishing that this unban appeal stays open when I am getting automatically unbanned, so we continue this discussion since I strongly believe I did not break the rules to the extent I am accused of.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  16. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

We are disappointed that we cannot see eye to eye on these issues. I can only remind you that these are serious actions with strong repercussions on the /economy server and yourself. You will be allowed back in game when the time runs out in 2 days. Please just help in making the effort to share the server resources with everyone else.

17. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Closing due to you being unbanned. Happy Skyblocking!

Thank you for creating an appeal, but unfortunately your appeal has been denied.
    We strongly recommend reading through this thread here for any future appeals!
    Thread closed and moved to Appeals Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.