HELP I HAVE BEEN HACKED.

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by Michal2, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michal2

Michal2 Member

I have been hacked. I am sorry I am literally crying right now.

2. Michal

Michal Active Member

I AM STILL HACKED! DISREGARD THIS ACCOUNT!

3. keeper_of_flame

keeper_of_flame Experienced Member

Take a deep breath. You're probably going to need to give some more information.

What do you mean by you were hacked? What happened exactly?

4. Michal

Michal Active Member

Someone is posting on this account, saying bad things. He advertised his twitter as #1 hacker on the internet. I am afraid my account is going to be permed.

5. KatoKillsMyGPA

KatoKillsMyGPA Active Member

His account has had a few "interesting" forum posts, mainly on his profile, which were either deleted by himself, or I. I am mainly seeing if he gets control of his account back by changing his password and other forms of information, or I shall have to ban it.

6. Michal2

Michal2 Member

Please don't! The hacker adverted his twitter. Please... I did change my password but I think he is still logged in.

7. KatoKillsMyGPA

Like I said I'll give it sometime, as I believe you'll regain control of your account eventually, but if it continues and he posts negative information on other peoples walls, threads, etc.. then I shall have to take action eventually. Hopefully I do not have to do that though. So continuing to change your password and other forms of information would be advised.

8. Michal2

Michal2 Member

I am afraid he can get into my other accounts that are even more valuble than skyblock....PLEASE. I BEG YOU I AM SORRY THIS WAS NOT ME! NOT A FRIEND, BUT A HACKER!

9. Michal2

Michal2 Member

I changed my password, but I am scared to death. Please, do not ban me. I know I am never going to get moderator now as many will not believe me but please at least do not ban me....I don't know why I was hacked or how...I wish I had taken screenshots but I WAS SCARED AS HELL.

10. KatoKillsMyGPA

Well obviously. Stop typing in all caps and relax, there isn't much he can actually do except mess with your information and post rude messages, all of which can be fixed with the simple delete button. I'd recommend contacting Cyp about this in a calm manor and seeing if he will look into it, if not then you just have to wait and see what happens.

Edit: It says your main account is now offline, he isn't on your account anymore, and as long as you have actually changed your password you should be fine.

11. Michal2

Michal2 Member

I am very shaken up, sorry...you don't know how it is when you see these posts... How can I contact Cyp?

12. KatoKillsMyGPA

As I just edited in my last post, he seems to be off your main account as it isn't logged in anymore, assuming you did change your password you should be fine. If this happens again just contact me and I'll make a post about it to get Cyps attention. I'll check to see if they did anything malicious and delete any of the unneeded posts. :)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  13. Michal2

Michal2 Member

I was just skyping with Maxi about this. It will probably end up in a perming of my old account, and a creation of a new one. Obviously, I would not like to be called Michal2. Instead, I will use my IGN, probably.

14. KatoKillsMyGPA

If that is what you want then I can perm your old one right now.

15. Michal2

Michal2 Member

Right now, it is banned for a week. I may be able to salvage it.

16. blaq

blaq Active Member

OK take a deep breath.

1) You need to think carefully about ALL the online accounts you have. Make a list of them and write them down on paper, including the usernames and passwords.
    2) You need to ask yourself: How did the hacker get 1 (or all) of them? Did they get in by hacking your computer? Or maybe they hacked another site and you used the same username/password?
    3) Close the hole: If you suspect your computer has a virus, make sure you do a FULL REINSTALL. Nothing short of that is safe against a modern day virus.
    4) Change the usernames/passwords on your accounts. All of them. If you want you can use a password manager like LastPass, which will make sure that all websites and logins have a unique username/password

17. Michal2

Michal2 Member

This issue has mainly been resolved. I think the hacker hacks random accounts for publicity as he advertised his twitter.

18. Bdarkslayer

Bdarkslayer Experienced Member

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Man I just don't see why someone would want this to do this to our community. I have lost all faith in society.

19. Lollipop

Lollipop Well-Known Member

btw-just a question, why did you quote cyp? if you wish to get his attention, pm him. thats the best way to get him to notice.

20. Michal2

Michal2 Member

I thought he got so many PMs that he can't exactly answer all of them, and plus, this would not only get Cyp's attention but also the moderators attention.

I think he hacked the account by tricking the server into thinking that the hacker was me (so he could use my auto-login feature), and so the server logged him in and he was free to do what he wants. I have changed the password to my bank account, email, and other necessary stuff. I don't believe this is a virus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.