Hellblock is a living hell; Literally!

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by Coryn02, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Coryn02

Coryn02 Well-Known Member

I tried Hellblock today. Seemed pretty cool at first glance; figured out how to generate netherrack after drowning in lava a few times. I also had a bit of a tough time with my tree, because I forgot the light it needs. I grew a few glow trees and went to kill some mobs in /warp mob. It is very tough. The pigmen are almost always aggro, and some even spawn that way. Most steal your swords when you die, although I have killed a few isolated individuals.

So far, I have several nether wart plants growing around my grass patch. What I want to do next is get a fire resistance potion so I can scale down the lava flow and place a block beneath my soul sand so I can dig it up and put it all elsewhere without losing it all. This is my island so far:

It seemed like a safer option was in order, so I went to the mob arena. That did little good as well. Thing is that the mob arena is designed for lots of people and does not scale to the number of players; most of the time barely anyone helps out and it is safe to say I got butchered without any items.

How am I supposed to do this? I can't get any mob drops very easily. I try to get some magma cream, but the blazes and several dozen aggro pigs get to me first, and the lone huge magma cube I have slain so far dropped nothing. I was promptly torn to ribbons by the resident bacon.

And let's just say I do get a brewing stand and magma cream, where do I get bottles? (I know where the water is)

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

2. a99Bomb99

a99Bomb99 Active Member

Yeah its SO hard! Why doesn't Noobcrew have a recipe to smelt ZombieFlesh to Leather or 9 flesh in a crafting table to leather? That would at least help! In fact, when WILL /warp armor be available?

3. Coryn02

Wait... /warp armor is a thing?! Actually, smelting would not be such a great idea because smelting requires 8 cobblestone, meaning it would be hard to get that. Not to mention that getting rotten flesh is all too easy on this server.

4. a99Bomb99

a99Bomb99 Active Member

1. There is. Type it in but it says something about not having permission.
    2. RottenFlesh isn't easy to get. I die as soon as I get some.

5. ImDaWinner

ImDaWinner Well-Known Member

I have stacks of flesh.

I think it says that for all nonexistent warps.

6. salamander9o

salamander9o Senior Member

HELLblock is supposed to be hard. That is why it says "Hell" in the title. >d<

7. Coryn02

I acknowledge that, but there is a long way from "hard" and "nearly impossible to get anywhere". All I need is a direction to go in, knowledge of what o do next. Unless I am obliged to figure it out myself... :confused:

8. a99Bomb99

a99Bomb99 Active Member

I just need /warp armor open and ILL BE INVINCIBLE!!

9. Coryn02

I'm still not sure that is a thing, pal.

10. a99Bomb99

a99Bomb99 Active Member

It is, trust me.

11. salamander9o

salamander9o Senior Member

It's possible. Maybe try to invite some friends to help you out. :)

12. Coryn02

I fear griefers, but I guess I have few other options. I shall take screenshots before anyone else comes to the island.

How do I kick people from the island if necessary?

13. a99Bomb99

a99Bomb99 Active Member

/coop remove < playername>

14. Coryn02

I've figured things out. I currently have a zombie pig man grinder built and am actively farming them. I have made my lava generator (so bloody dangerous!) and will use it to 'guide' the poor porkchops to the hole in the floor, at which point they are weak enough for one-hit KOs.

I aim to get a furnace first, for Nether Bricks, then a Brewing Stand, so I can place a block under my island and safely relocate my soul sand. Then, on to the economy... :s

15. Coryn02

It seems that zombie pigmen aren't that dumb after all, since they actively resist the current.

16. Jo Kim

Jo Kim Member

I played for about 2-3 months and after u get settled in, your all set

17. Coryn02

Yeah, I have a brewing stand now. My grinder works again, although I still have to 'coax' them in. I do not playas often now, and want to repay a debt before doing anymore big projects. I want to make an enchanted golden apple to sell now; will take forever, but shall be worth it, I am sure.

18. a99Bomb99

a99Bomb99 Active Member

Can you post screenies of your grinder? I screwed up mine. I'm not gonna copy anything except the lava cause, ya know, I screwed up.

19. Coryn02

Step uno: Go to spawn.

Step dos: Warp to the FAQ.

Step tres: Examine and copy the example VERY CAREFULLY. Losing soul sand or your bucket is not only sad, but the bucket is very hard to replace at first. Losing a bucket usually has a player restart.

Step quatro: ???

Step cinco: Profit! $$$

If you do not do this, put your two lava near each other and box them in. There must be a single block of air between the two so the netherrack forms. Make sure the lava flows go towards each other alone, or else you get a biggg mess. Place a sign or other semi solid block where you stand to mine. Removal of this and mining of netherrack makes a mess. Unless you like molten swims, stand in a sign or something to keep yourself from melting.

20. Sleepyhead08

Sleepyhead08 Senior Member

Geekx just finished coding the glowstone trees plug-in , he's the only dev on hellblock atm, and I know for a fact he's been working hard :D