[Hellblock] Donor Class(es)

Discussion in 'Other/Uncategorized Suggestions Archive' started by a99Bomb99, May 4, 2014.

1. a99Bomb99

a99Bomb99 Active Member

Mob Arena on Hellblock is really hard to survive on, and before any of you say "Hellblock is supposed to be hard", it's really hard to even reach round 5 because of the constant fire damage from the blazes that are hard to kill when they are flying high in the arena (to me it's like a flying skeleton of skyblock /ma with Fire Aspect), the constant damage from pigmen (sprinting zombies with swords), and wither skeletons (pigmen that are never passive towards players, have a better sword, and give you the wither effect if hit). Besides, 4/6 out of the classes in mob arena are functional. If Pyro did function, all nether mobs are immune to fire damage so it'd still be useless. Maybe we could add the God class from .net onto HB because right now, it is almost impossible to survive the waves of monsters with the amount of players willing to actually try to participate in /ma j for a netherstar.
    Please consider my idea and leave your feedback please.
    -a99Bomb99

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  2. Bdarkslayer

Bdarkslayer Experienced Member

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    This would be a great idea in my opinion. All they would need to do is....

Per-class permissions
    Using the optional permissions-node, you can give classes special permissions to customize them even more. Each permission must be listed with a dash (-) in front of it. If you want a class tonot have a permission, put a dash/minus at the very beginning of the permission node. In the example above, the Archer class will be able to use the EffectiveArrows plugin, but won't be able to use /ma leave (meaning it's impossible to leave the arena without dying).

classes:
    Archer:
    items: wood_sword, bow, arrow:128, grilled_pork
    armor: 298,299,300,301
    permissions:
    - EffectiveArrows.use.*
    - -mobarena.use.leave

The optional lobby-permissions-node gives players special permissions while they are in the lobby after they have picked a class. This feature can be used e.g. in combination with a shop plugin and a base class that perhaps has nothing (maybe except for a few potions).

classes:
    Basic:
    items: ''
    armor: ''
    lobby-permissions:
    - shop.buy

Then after they have done that, they can type /ma reload and add the sign in the arena. If you can't add the sign, all you need to do is make the sign in the unprotected region facing the way you need then copy and paste

3. a99Bomb99

a99Bomb99 Active Member

4. West

West Active Member

I agree. I've never even made it to wave 20, even with like 8 other players playing. I feel like once you make it to like 12 or 13 it just gets impossible unless you have 30 other players with you (which never happens because it's a smaller community).

5. a99Bomb99

a99Bomb99 Active Member

The only time when we have more than 10 players is when someone makes a thread about Mob Arena.

6. Hoecobo

Hoecobo Senior Member

I made it to 14 once :p

7. Naga

Naga Experienced Member

Note, the .net's God class is available for $50+, or so I've heard. Just a reminder.

8. Elric

Elric Well-Known Member

I believe it's for any donor

9. Goden

Goden Well-Known Member

First of all, I am a Firelord (donor50) so meaning that if the God class was introduced, and if what Tube said is true, then i could use the God class. However, Mob arena isnt too hard, it just takes tons of practice. Ive made it to round 24 once. :D

10. DustAndRust

DustAndRust Active Member

guys check out my thread. im setting up a group ma j thing so we can win netherstars

11. PopIs_MyLife

PopIs_MyLife Active Member

12. Neonblaze2

Neonblaze2 Well-Known Member

Supoort.
    And also the Net god class is for any level donor :p

13. Baltic_Garbage11

Baltic_Garbage11 Well-Known Member

I support, but not .nets's god class cuz that's too op, maybe Iron armor with fire protection 3 and a diamond sword and other stuff

14. princessnerd3

princessnerd3 Active Member

Yes. I support I have only made it to 10 with alot of other players. I like what Baltic said up there. ^^

15. V_Man776

V_Man776 Member

I support for the most part. Like you mentioned, two of the classes (pyro and oddjob) are not working correctly. Even so, nether mobs do not take fire damage. Saying this, I think that they should be replaced with different classes.

Something I also wanted to point out that the main two mobs that spawn, zombie pigmen and wither skeletons, are immune to poison, making the chemist class a little less useful. I have seen some servers use custom potions that inflict the wither effect, which does affect undead mobs. I believe this should also be looked in to.

And if you happen to make it to wave 40 (which I have done before) you do not get a second nether star, which is very annoying.

Also, why is the armor gold, or iron? why not glowstone or quartz? :p

Finally, please check out my thread, I'm making a mob arena group :)
    Hellblock: Gathering a Team to get to Wave 20 | Skyblock Forums

I think I should shut up now. :t

16. a99Bomb99

a99Bomb99 Active Member

I really like how you mentioned the armor not being nether armor, I actually love this ides! :p Added to original post.

17. Hannah

Hannah Boss Member

IGN:
    larrythebird101
    Support, as long as they're not too op.

18. a99Bomb99

a99Bomb99 Active Member

:catBump

19. severi167

severi167 Well-Known Member

I made it to round 74 in hellblock ma with a group once.. But still it would be good to make it a tad bit easier

20. vfuvegvfga

vfuvegvfga Well-Known Member

I agree completely, I hate the flying blazes, and I think there should be a class for donors with both a good sword and a bow.
    I also think that there should be a "tank" class, available to both donors and non-donors, a person with full diamond armour, but only a stone/wood sword.
    And finally, there should be a class for donors that has a diamond sword and full iron armour. To make it easier for people who have donated their money to the server.