Economy Head Drop Party Values

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by xphstos37, Oct 30, 2022.

1. xphstos37

xphstos37 Experienced Member

Dear Economy players,
    Are you tired of drop party heads on economy being considered way less valuable than skyblock ones? There’s an easy way to fix that. Hold on to your heads, wait to see what the value of them will be on survival, convert the value of that many grass blocks into skybucks. I mean why not hold out for better money and avoid all the low ball offers? I feel so sorry for the greenies saying Wow, I got 2 mil for my head, and the sadness that follows when they realize they got ripped off.

2. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    That falls directly under the definition of Scamming in the server rules. Drogo suggests they report it.

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  3. Boarder

Boarder Active Member

IGN:
    Boarder02
    Most players that win there want skyblock grass tho... #economy-trading is basically just sb players trying to get rid of their heads. With a shrinking number of eco player it gets worse every time.

Besides, eco heads will simply be less valued becauss there never was much demand.

4. Dausora

Dausora Active Member Premium

IGN:
    Dausora
    It doesn't help that ranks are separate in eco and SB. It makes it extremely difficult for someone to want to play both servers. I can't fly in eco, I get no kits, I don't get /god.. To be honest, eco is pretty neglected in general, though.

5. lilCupcakeFreak

lilCupcakeFreak Well-Known Member Discord Moderator

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    what frustrates me most is people staying to win an eco head and then winning one only to want to get rid of it because they don't play eco.
    why stay, let the actual players have a chance

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. needtorename

needtorename Content Creator Premium

IGN:
    needtorename
    -rep i troll

7. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    It's scummy, but I wouldn't consider it "technically" scamming since there is no real value of the heads it's all decided but what people are willing to pay. 2 million also would have been overpay for a head a couple years ago, it's just slowly increasing in price as people get more money overall. But yea, I always advise people to not sell their heads for the first offer that comes around, especially when people get offered 1 economy head for their 1 skyblock head I always say don't do it. You can always get more for a skyblock head than an eco one.

For anyone who buys heads or rares I used to always advise them to talk to multiple people before accepting offers if they do not know what they're worth. If you're trading skyblock items talk to people like Boarder or ak2382 for rare prices usually, or for economy ask someone like Beens or morayeel. It's important to advise newer players on the value and make sure they understand they're getting as much as they can. Also, if someone wants to sell their head for cheaper it's ok to let them. I've had deals that were very cheap in comparison and I would tell them I can pay more than I am right now but they refused and want to take the deal regardless. But if they want to get more, don't be a loser and rip them off. There's a line between a cheap deal and taking advantage of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Dausora

IGN:
    Dausora
    I agree 100% that it isn't scamming, but it's considered scamming by the official rules. The line between getting a good deal and scamming someone is extremely blurry, though, and I personally vote that it should be abolished entirely; a scam in my eyes is when you outright do not pay up.

9. Beens

Beens Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BeensMC
    It's as tough as it's ever been to correctly value any item on economy. Since I started playing a year ago, grass has x10 in value according to most players. I'd agree that anyone to offer 2mil for an eco DP head is very scummy. However everyone knows that Skyblock heads are far more valuable than economy heads, you can't just take directly take the Skyblock head value and apply to the equivalent economy head. The cat basket skyblock version has been priced at around 2.5dcs, meaning that head under your suggestion would be worth $86mil on economy. That's not realistic in any facet. At the end of the day it's all about what a person is willing to pay and what the buyer is willing to accept; there is no set price on collectibles like this especially on economy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Shep

Shep Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    lameshep
    Sb > eco
    Change my mind

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  11. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    Yea I agree, it all works off of supply x demand - if the supply is the same but eco head demand is lower - the price will be waaaay lower.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ShortCopper

ShortCopper Member

IGN:
    shortcopper
    A little off topic but connected..... I have been trying to figure it out for a while but why does everyone connect the value of items in Eco to grass values in SB. These two servers have totally different economies and item rarity. The items in Eco should have to connection to SB items/price. The only thing that connects to two servers is SB players buying SB grass with Eco money and that exchange rate is all relative to the individual transaction. Can anyone explain why these two economies are commonly tied together by the price of SB Grass?

13. Dausora

IGN:
    Dausora
    Because SB mains win stuff on eco and have no interest in eco, so they want eco players to give them SB things instead. Plus voting rewards showing up on eco as well.

14. ShortCopper

ShortCopper Member

IGN:
    shortcopper
    I understand that, the problem comes in when the SB player is basing their price on the worth of the same type of item in SB.... which is not the same in Eco.

15. Magik

Magik Well-Known Member

IGN:
    MagikIsAMush
    Can you give us an example of this? I'd like to understand what you mean exactly.

16. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    Think he means you can’t fully convert an dp heads grass worth to eco. Like if a head goes for 2 DCs you can’t convert that into economy balance and sell it for that as eco heads don’t have same demand.

17. Magik

Magik Well-Known Member

IGN:
    MagikIsAMush
    So basically what Beans said?

18. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    That’s what he is trying to say, yes.

• Like Like x 1