Skyblock Have mob spawner retain the mob type (Suggestion)

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Gutlerglates, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Gutlerglates

Gutlerglates Active Member

IGN:
    IKillU69x
    So this happened...
    I used a silktouch pickaxe to pick up a horse spawner.
    It stayed as a horse spawner when I looked at it in my inventory.
    When I placed the horse spawner.
    Pigs came out?
    Why is that?
    Can I make the suggestion to have picked up spawners retain the mob it that it says it is when placed?

(im not sure if the videoo showed up, trash internet y,no)

• Support Support x 2
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  2. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    With how the plugin works, all spawners are pig spawners once placed. You must then change the spawner using /spawner after placing, or in your case, with a horse egg.

Main post that this was in response to has been edited. I support making it so that spawners retain their mob type.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  3. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Which means that when you mine a horse spawner, even if it says horse, it will be a pig spawner if placed. So you have to get another horse egg to change it.
    Would you like to change this into a suggestion to have silk touch retain the mob it says on the spawner or close this thread as your question has been answered?

4. Gutlerglates

IGN:
    IKillU69x
    Cant do /spawner horse or I would lol, I also think that should be a suggestion too but can understand if not.
    Same with parrots.. I jjst dont like spending 10 d's every time tho especially when the spawner doesnt change when I pick it up, only when I placed it. Surly if people wanted a horse or parrot spawner people could still go to /warp trade or people could even sell them for the price that they want to. (maybe a little pricier than the average pig spawner) but i would say thats fair

Also, /spawner has a 30 second cooldown. is that for lagg? couldnt this suggestion make the command /spawner less used because people wont have to keep changing them from pigs..

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2020
  5. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

It’s much easier for all spawners to return back to Pigs.
    Also, 1) It encourages non donators like yourself to buy a rank so they can do /spawner. 2) If all spawners stayed the same as what they had been changed to storing and selling spawners would be more difficult to do.
    3) By spawners reverting back to Pigs when they’re mined there can be no price difference between spawners. (Which is a good thing as people may try to sell different spawners at different rates)

6. Gutlerglates

IGN:
    IKillU69x
    Hi,
    Theres a couple things I dont understand there. Im going to list some sentences, I hope you dont mind, but could you elaborate on these please.
    • It encourages non donators like yourself to buy a rank so they can do /spawner.
    • By spawners reverting back to Pigs when they’re mined there can be no price difference between spawners. (Which is a good thing as people may try to sell different spawners at different rates)
    I thought buying a rank is donating sort of, like, do you mean the actual [Donor] rank?Above titan? Im not sure how to get that.
    The spawners dont turn into pig spawners until they are placed, I dont see why I should have to buy a horse egg again even tho I have a horse spawner.
    I cant do /spawner horse or parrot. Im not asking for that Im asking for the spawner to remain the same mob when I place it down.

7. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Hollywood's Bleeding

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    What you're missing here is that when you decide to change your spawner you're going to have to spend grass buying a spawn egg at /warp grass, therefore encouraging non-donors to buy a rank to bypass this step.
    This seriously does not matter. Creating a small chest for your spawners is not a hard task.
    Why does it matter if there is a price different to spawners. The price difference wouldn't be extreme and I think it's nice to give players the option to purchase their preferred spawner.

Support.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

I personally agree, it would be good because usually these eggs are expensive and do create a large hole in your funds if you move the spawners around frequently. I think it would be cooler if the spawners were a different price, it would mean there is more variety and something else to trade in the economy that wouldn’t really affect anything else. I’m all in. Support!

p.s (you may want to change the title so players know what the suggestion is that they’re clicking on to!)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    /spawner horse maybe idk sry

10. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

What are you talking about?

11. Gutlerglates

IGN:
    IKillU69x
    Can this be a thing plz?

12. Gutlerglates

IGN:
    IKillU69x
    i think you know what i mean

13. Shep

Shep Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    lameshep
    Honestly not such a bad idea. Retaining a spawner mob type will not only help players with no ranks but can be pretty helpful when moving or reselling horse/parrot spawners i guess.

Support! :)