greenies

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by amy, Jul 8, 2016.

1. amy

amy Guest

OK so...greenies are usually noobs, right?
    Greenies are always mocked by the donors, and treated like children.
    If a greenie tried to make conversation or chat to donors in the chat, they are usually ignored.
    I'm a greenie.

I wouldn't say I'm a noob. Maybe like, a half-noob. I know a lot about Skyblock, my island's not made completely out of cobble. I have some rares. I don't throw skin comps where the prize is 'a god cobble', and the entry price is '5 grass'.

If I wasn't flat-out broke, I'd love to become a donor. But I'm just a greenie.

So, I guess what I'm saying, well asking actually, is if we can stop treating greenies stupidly. Because, yes although some greenies are noobs, not all of them are. So don't be greenie racist and maybe actually give them a chance.

#supportthegreenies2k16

-amy :heart:

2. KingDG

KingDG Experienced Member

#greenlivesmatter :t

3. Irreqular

Irreqular Member

We have a winner

4. Interneting

Interneting Member

#supportthegreenies2k16 #greenielivesmatter

5. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

But also understanding why greenies are treated differently is looking at the behaviour of the majority. A lot are young kids as they cannot upgrade due to having to rely on parents income. A lot do not read the rules and subsequently break them. Every new member will start out as one so a lot are new. Many perform illegal acts as they have nothing to lose really. And finally many donors have greenie alts, cracked accounts are usually non donor and are used for malicious activity and many cannot set them apart.
    In saying this I don't discount the fact that donors can make worse problems for the server. Many high profile skygods cause the most trouble. Donors cause a lot more trouble in my experience.

tl;dr?
    All players have the capability of being horrible players and it doesn't matter the rank.

6. RocketOG

RocketOG Guest

Im personally nice to greenies and have greenie friends, most donors are like me in that we are nice to greenies. Your making blind generalizations.

7. vfhuuuuu

vfhuuuuu Active Member

8. amy

amy Guest

Sorry about the confusion, but I was talking about the majority of the time. Of course, not EVERYONE is horrible to greenies, I was just talking about the higher percentage of people. :)

9. amy

amy Guest

Sorry about the confusion, but I was talking about the majority of the time. Of course, not EVERYONE is horrible to greenies, I was just talking about the higher percentage of people. :)

10. rootbeer2222

rootbeer2222 Active Member

I usually do a major dropparty for greenies like 7 or more godded diamond picks

one day I did 14 godded non used diamond picks

11. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

There are plenty of donators which will respect greenies. I'd say over 80%. But if you start a conversation with "can I have free items" or anything other stupid, don't wonder why you are being ignored etc.

12. Queen

Queen Guest

hi leon can i hav frei items

13. Queen

Queen Guest

pls im cute green bean

14. Uras

Uras Well-Known Member

I dont do so, in fact, probably I have more greenie friends than donor friends on the server.

15. anna

anna Well-Known Member

well said.

I agree with this all; I've tried to say something like this myself but it never really came out like this.

16. LivingShadow

LivingShadow Experienced Member

I agree with what you say, but most (not all) are new, inexperienced players. I'm sure most of the people on the forums do treat greenies with respect, but it hard to get the message to everyone, or make everyone think this way.

17. Nena

Nena Experienced Member

there's been a lot of threads on this topic and all i will say is that people don't follow everyone else's footsteps.

18. nyxa

nyxa Experienced Member

Idk where players get this idea from. Like said above, greenies are ignored if all they do is spam the chat advertising skin comps, asking for stuff, etc. I have never seen a greenie that is a normal player and doesn't do what I stated, ignored or treated badly because of their rank. I've seen them treated better. I think the real problem is the greenies who spam and all that stuff complain because they're treated poorly because of their rank. They blame it on their rank and not themselves, which is why everyone thinks they actually are treated differently because they don't have the money to buy themselves donor. I don't think there needs to be anymore threads abut this problem, as it's definitely not a problem.

19. DarthBread

DarthBread Experienced Member

OH MY GOD IF I SEE THIS THREAD 1 MORE TIME I WILL KILL SOMEONE (probably myself)

20. After_Sunday

After_Sunday Member

I though greenies were just non-donor players since their name tag is green. Even though I'm a donor, I still treat greenie as how I treat other donors because maybe one day, greenies will help you out when you really needed help. BTW, I don't like asking other donors for help, they are mean...